ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jags Sign Tebow
ModSocks 12:21 PM 05-10-2021
Jaguars signed TE Tim Tebow to a one-year contract.

The deal isn't 'official' just yet but will be in the next week or so. Tebow, 33, hasn't played in a regular-season game in nine years and will be attempting to change positions once he does make it to camp. It's another wacky (albeit fun) move that brings Meyer's tenure into question after the organization also added a first-round running back and drafted multiple injured players. There is no competition among Jacksonville's tight ends if Tebow does somehow sneak onto the 53-man roster.

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/footb...nville-jaguars
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:20 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Did he get deserved mediation attention or did they ignore him?

Pick a lane.
He got a ton of media attention like 10 years ago.

To date, I've seen one small snippet on NFL.com, re-posted from the Jags website, and a back-page story on ESPN.

This is a non-story and it's absolutely hilarious to see the reactions.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:20 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think it's more that some people just can't tolerate a "Goody Two-Shoes" or a "Teacher's Pet".

That personality type has always conflicted with other personality types. It rubs people the wrong way. That's always been a thing since grade school even.
I would suggest those people maybe research Tim Tebow a little more and stop listening to the fucking media.

There's absolutely NOTHING about Tim Tebow that is a "goodie two shoes" or teacher's pet. Nothing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:22 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It wasn't about his religion. Maybe some people liked him for his religion, but I think most were just taken by how intense he was playing college football and wanted to believe that intensity/grit/determination blah blah blah would win the day. There were enough of them that they were quite vocal.

An equal number of football fans were like, "Lol nah brah he's not an NFL QB GTFO." That only encouraged and hyped up the believers. You had one or two guys in the media like Skip Bayless who talked about him nonstop, and when networks saw how polarizing that was, they capitalized. The NFL got in on it, and before you knew it, Tebow was all anybody talked about when he was the starting QB in Denver. Supporters said, "Look, he's winning games! See!!?" and detractors said, "He has a career 45% completion percentage! See!!?" Both sides thought they were right and were adamant the other side was wrong.

Religion had very little to do with it. It may have started things off, but it wasn't significant in turning the Tebow thing into an enormous dumpster fire that held the NFL hostage for a year or so.
Dude, he played football a DECADE ago

Of course that was the discussion THEN.

It's not the discussion now and you can't pretend otherwise.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:45 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
He loves football so much he refused to move to a more natural position and then idiotically attempted to play a different sport?

GTFO.
It is a totally different position. A qb not wanting to try tight end doesn't mean he loves football any less. And there was nothing idiotic about attempting to play a different sport. He gave up a shitload of money in broadcasting to prove he could play baseball and he did admirably well.

I have no reason to root for the guy but I can't deny that the dude is all heart and competitive as hell.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:20 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Did you watch the Tyler Palko start?
I was at the Sunday Night game where Palko almost beat the Steelers...
[Reply]
Marco Polo 02:54 PM 05-11-2021
I know from second hand that he wasn't a leader in the locker room in Denver and didn't earn much respect there. It'll be interesting to see how he fares in Jacksonville.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:02 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
I know from second hand that he wasn't a leader in the locker room in Denver and didn't earn much respect there. It'll be interesting to see how he fares in Jacksonville.
I'm guessing it's hard to be a leader in an NFL locker room when you're a QB who throws the ball like Helen Keller in the middle of an orgasm.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:27 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I'm guessing it's hard to be a leader in an NFL locker room when you're a QB who throws the ball like Helen Keller in the middle of an orgasm.
Man, I hope the Broncos keep Elway until he dies of cirrhosis of the liver.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:07 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, he played football a DECADE ago

Of course that was the discussion THEN.

It's not the discussion now and you can't pretend otherwise.
How many times do you hear a player interview, and the guy says, "First of all, I want to thank the Lord Jesus Christ"

Every friggin athlete loves Jesus. Some more than others. I refuse to believe Tebow was the one Jesus-loving athlete that people decided to be annoyed by.

Reggie White. Drew Brees. Kurt Warner. All high-profile NFL guys who were extremely vocal about their faith. What's the difference between them and Tebow? Oh yeah. Talent. They're all HOFers or future HOFers. Nobody ever had to explain to people that Reggie White was great when it was plain that he sucked... and that's because Reggie White was FAR from a sucky player.

Again, it was never his religion. It was people shoving him down our throats saying, "Watch this, he's great!" Maybe those people thought he'd be great because they shared his faith. But as for the anti-Tebow crowd, most of them didn't give a shit.

If you think I'm misremembering events, you're welcome to explain why he's the Christian athlete that everybody hates because of his faith.
[Reply]
Valiant 05:54 PM 05-11-2021
If I remember correctly. Tebow got jettisoned from the league because he refused to switch positions.

Kaep had offers from a couple teams to qb, backup. But refused because of money and not starting. He also refused to switch positions.
I don't see why people keep calling it unfair. Kaep could get on a team if he became a team player. It seems like Tebow swallowed his pride.

Hell he will probably be cut before regular season.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:02 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
If I remember correctly. Tebow got jettisoned from the league because he refused to switch positions.

Kaep had offers from a couple teams to qb, backup. But refused because of money and not starting. He also refused to switch positions.
I don't see why people keep calling it unfair. Kaep could get on a team if he became a team player. It seems like Tebow swallowed his pride.

Hell he will probably be cut before regular season.
The only reason they are signing Tebow... merch and free hype. They lose nothing by signing a 33 year old Florida legend to get hype, sell merch and compete for a backup role in that offseason. Maybe he makes the team, who knows.

Kaep... didn't he supposedly receive an offer for $7M a year to compete (like @ PHI or something, hell I think DEN made him an offer) and he said no because was a starter? Something like that... he made his play, stood his ground... shit happens.

*** edit***
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...20contract.%22

$7M over 2 seasons ... offered by Denver

This link reads that is was $7M per season... https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49...-pay-cut-offer
[Reply]
tredadda 06:32 PM 05-11-2021
If Tebow had signed to play QB then the Kaep people would have something because as awful as Kaep is as a QB, he's still a better one than Tebow. Tebow signed as a TE so it's hard to compare this to Kaep. It's apples and oranges.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:47 PM 05-11-2021
Ok, I couldn't resist. This is hilarious :-)

Thkyyyyiiiiiupp!

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:54 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It is a totally different position. A qb not wanting to try tight end doesn't mean he loves football any less. And there was nothing idiotic about attempting to play a different sport. He gave up a shitload of money in broadcasting to prove he could play baseball and he did admirably well.

I have no reason to root for the guy but I can't deny that the dude is all heart and competitive as hell.
He did not do admirably well in his minor league career, it was below average at best.
[Reply]
Eureka 08:05 PM 05-11-2021
I hope Tebow does well. I think he will help the teams with goal line runs and reverses. He can also be a decoy. Prove the doubters wrong Tebow. It's what he's good at.

I remember the NFL highlights vs the Chiefs where Tebow completed 2 passes. Deion Sanders says "I was 2-7....in baseball". Tebow still won the game. That's got to be record.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up