ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jags Sign Tebow
ModSocks 12:21 PM 05-10-2021
Jaguars signed TE Tim Tebow to a one-year contract.

The deal isn't 'official' just yet but will be in the next week or so. Tebow, 33, hasn't played in a regular-season game in nine years and will be attempting to change positions once he does make it to camp. It's another wacky (albeit fun) move that brings Meyer's tenure into question after the organization also added a first-round running back and drafted multiple injured players. There is no competition among Jacksonville's tight ends if Tebow does somehow sneak onto the 53-man roster.

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/footb...nville-jaguars
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:36 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I'm a University of Florida fan and a New York Mets fan.

I'll never understand people's real dislike for the guy. He was an amazing college QB who was never going to amount to anything in the NFL in that position but stuck to his guns to try to live out his dream. He eventually pivoted to baseball after years of not playing and developed into a serviceable minor leaguer.

He probably sees an opportunity to get one last chance to play in the NFL with his college head coach. Why not go for it?

If the guy were all about the money, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have spent the last several years riding the bus as a minor league baseball player in his spare time.
Ignoring the backlash from vastly unearned media attention angle, the reason I don’t like him is because he seems like a bit of a showboat.

He should have transitioned to TE like 1-2 years into his NFL, if not immediately. But he wanted to play QB and flamed out. He then embarked on a effort-filled but quixotic quest to mold himself into a MLB player.

In short, he seems like an attention seeking dumbass.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:42 AM 05-11-2021

I'll never understand people's real dislike for the guy. He was an amazing college QB who was never going to amount to anything in the NFL in that position but stuck to his guns to try to live out his dream. He eventually pivoted to baseball after years of not playing and developed into a serviceable minor leaguer.

He probably sees an opportunity to get one last chance to play in the NFL with his college head coach. Why not go for it?

If the guy were all about the money, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have spent the last several years riding the bus as a minor league baseball player in his spare time.
I'm self aware enough to know I hate the media not Tebow.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:47 AM 05-11-2021

He obviously infuriates the anti-religion folks. It's funny how some have said "the media props him up....", but I would venture a guess to say he gets more attacking media than propping media (again, the anti-religion folks).

I'm not a super-religious guy by any means, but I do find it ironic that Tebow rubs people the wrong way for that, but yet prefer to cheer on the Rae Carruths, Ray Lewises, Rothlesbergers, and Lawrence Phillipses of the world each sunday who've done some pretty shitty things in their life.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:47 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Ignoring the backlash from vastly unearned media attention angle, the reason I don’t like him is because he seems like a bit of a showboat.

He should have transitioned to TE like 1-2 years into his NFL, if not immediately. But he wanted to play QB and flamed out. He then embarked on a effort-filled but quixotic quest to mold himself into a MLB player.

In short, he seems like an attention seeking dumbass.
Unearned media attention?

The guy was arguably one of the best college FB players of all time.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:53 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’d have more fun laughing at how bad Tebow was if the Chiefs weren’t somehow worse during the same time.

I also like that Tebow has won the AFC West more recently than Philip Rivers.
Treebow also won a playoff game more recently than Rivers, iirc. Rivers hasn't won since the 2007 postseason??
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:01 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Unearned media attention?

The guy was arguably one of the best college FB players of all time.
He was also one of the worst NFL starting QBs of all time, but seemed to get extra leeway because he was all Jesus-y.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:05 AM 05-11-2021
I haven't kept up since he's been out of the league. Is he still a virgin?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:07 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
The worst NFL QB I've ever seen. Made Cassel look like Dan Marino.
Did you watch the Tyler Palko start?
[Reply]
crispystl 08:12 AM 05-11-2021
The worst NFL QB I've ever seen. Made Cassel look like Dan Marino.
Nah Palko was worse.
[Reply]
crispystl 08:15 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Damn beat me to it!
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:22 AM 05-11-2021
He was also one of the worst NFL starting QBs of all time, but seemed to get extra leeway because he was all Jesus-y.
:-)

That had absolutely nothing to do with it.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:36 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)

That had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Leeway from fans, not NFL front offices. He has a weird "fan club" to this day, and it isn't just because he was good in college.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:40 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
He started due to injury, correct?
[Reply]
oldman 08:41 AM 05-11-2021
Let's see -- college standout that never lived up to the hype in the NFL, so he takes his cash and heads off for a baseball gig. Plays 4 seasons of mostly low level minor league ball, career BA of .222. Sure, place your bet on the Jags being SB champs today.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:44 AM 05-11-2021
He started due to injury, correct?
I mean you could technically say that, but the truth of the matter is that he started because Haley was giving a giant hairy middle finger to Pioli.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up