ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jags Sign Tebow
ModSocks 12:21 PM 05-10-2021
Jaguars signed TE Tim Tebow to a one-year contract.

The deal isn't 'official' just yet but will be in the next week or so. Tebow, 33, hasn't played in a regular-season game in nine years and will be attempting to change positions once he does make it to camp. It's another wacky (albeit fun) move that brings Meyer's tenure into question after the organization also added a first-round running back and drafted multiple injured players. There is no competition among Jacksonville's tight ends if Tebow does somehow sneak onto the 53-man roster.

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/footb...nville-jaguars
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:39 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Jordan finished his career hitting. 250 in the Arizona fall league. Tebow hit .273 in AA. Again these are not natural baseball players. These are athletes from other sports who wanted to prove they can play a different sport. What are you expecting from players who took 5 - 10 years off of baseball then decided to play with some of the world's best? You're not comparing them to major leaguers are you? Of course they aren't but who in the world expected them to be?

In a single season playing with the Barons Jordan batted .202 in 497 plate appearances and .252 in 120 plate appearances in the fall league. Those are both shit, no idea why you would bring him into the conversation to begin with. It was nice of you to try and use a very small sample size to try and prop up your side though, good play on that one.

Yes Tebow had 1 year out of 4 that he didn't deep throat cock while playing, I had already said that. Now add up his average for all 4 years, quit taking small sample sizes and trying to use them to better your argument. You need to look at the full sample, to see that they sucked a buffet of dicks playing baseball.

Yeah they weren't natural baseball players, that is why they sucked ass and both got out. That still isn't admirable, I don't expect anything from them, don't know why you are asking that. We were not talking about what was expected of them, we were discussing if it was admirable.

No I am comparing them to other AA players that didn't suck ass like they did, comparing their stats to other stats that get guys moved up to AAA. They sucked, that's why they don't and didn't play baseball long, really have no idea why you are trying to argue that they didn't. When we originally started talking about if it was admirable what they did, which it still isn't admirable. They played a sport they sucked at, then quit, that isn't admirable.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:38 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:
In a single season playing with the Barons Jordan batted .202 in 497 plate appearances and .252 in 120 plate appearances in the fall league. Those are both shit, no idea why you would bring him into the conversation to begin with. It was nice of you to try and use a very small sample size to try and prop up your side though, good play on that one.

Yes Tebow had 1 year out of 4 that he didn't deep throat cock while playing, I had already said that. Now add up his average for all 4 years, quit taking small sample sizes and trying to use them to better your argument. You need to look at the full sample, to see that they sucked a buffet of dicks playing baseball.

Yeah they weren't natural baseball players, that is why they sucked ass and both got out. That still isn't admirable, I don't expect anything from them, don't know why you are asking that. We were not talking about what was expected of them, we were discussing if it was admirable.

No I am comparing them to other AA players that didn't suck ass like they did, comparing their stats to other stats that get guys moved up to AAA. They sucked, that's why they don't and didn't play baseball long, really have no idea why you are trying to argue that they didn't. When we originally started talking about if it was admirable what they did, which it still isn't admirable. They played a sport they sucked at, then quit, that isn't admirable.
Let's be real, Tebow hasn't gone a year without deep throating cock since the 4th grade.
[Reply]
jettio 05:58 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
That dream was mostly over by the time he was benched for being on the lower end of mediocre, by another mediocre QB nonetheless.
That is not a wise take.

Have you ever heard of Jim Plunkett and what he did with the Raiders after being considered a failure with Patriots and 49ers?

Kurt Warner won league and Super Bowl MVP in his first season as a starter and made the Super Bowl in his third year and the Rams give up on him and he is riding the bench with the Giants and the Cardinals before getting another shot and proving himself worthy of the Hall of Fame.

If you do not understand that Kaepernick was a special talent and that he could have revived his career in the right situation, then you honestly do not know as much about NFL football and athletic excellence as you think you do.

It is a shame that he fell for a nut that likes dating athletes but hates the sports they play and the country they live in. He would have found a new team if she did not rewire his brain and make teams afraid of her influence on him, but the dude was a great talent and don't let your dislike of what he did keep you from seeing that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:15 PM 05-12-2021

Dude. These. Are. Not. Baseball. Players. They are not even dual sport athletes.

Jordan and Tebow both got off to rough starts. No ****ing duh. They aren't natural baseball players, hadn't picked up a bat in 5 years, and jumped from high school to amateur pitching. I suggest you watch Jordan rides the bus on 30 for 30 instead of looking at a meaningless batting Avg because the guy took some time adjusting to big league breaking balls. He was actually decent by the time he left. And a not natural baseball player hitting 273 in AA is hella respectable.

Why you insist on comparing these guys to drafted baseball players and major leaguers is absurd. They had respectable baseball careers without nearly as much talent. I brought it up because I respect the hell out of tebows passion for sports and work ethic. It is a Rudy situation where you have tons of heart and just not the natural talent. Tebows baseball career was the same, even more so.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:03 PM 05-12-2021
Must be nice to be given a chance to come back to football well into your 30’s whenever you get bored with playing minor league baseball.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:35 AM 05-13-2021
Dude. These. Are. Not. Baseball. Players. They are not even dual sport athletes.

Jordan and Tebow both got off to rough starts. No ****ing duh. They aren't natural baseball players, hadn't picked up a bat in 5 years, and jumped from high school to amateur pitching. I suggest you watch Jordan rides the bus on 30 for 30 instead of looking at a meaningless batting Avg because the guy took some time adjusting to big league breaking balls. He was actually decent by the time he left. And a not natural baseball player hitting 273 in AA is hella respectable.

Why you insist on comparing these guys to drafted baseball players and major leaguers is absurd. They had respectable baseball careers without nearly as much talent. I brought it up because I respect the hell out of tebows passion for sports and work ethic. It is a Rudy situation where you have tons of heart and just not the natural talent. Tebows baseball career was the same, even more so.
Dude. That. Is. Why. It. Is. Not. Admirable.

They used their status as big stars in another sport to get shoved right into another sport, that they had not played. Then they fucking sucked at it, terribly, minus the half ok year that Tebow had. I have watched the 30 for 30, still doesn't change my mind, they sucked and were not admirable. I looked at way more than batting average, he still couldn't hit a breaking ball for shit, and all signs pointed to them sucking asshole, and not being admirable for the efforts. You can't tell me .273 is hella respectable right after saying look at more than average, average doesn't tell us anything apparently.

You seriously can't figure out why I compare guys playing baseball to other guys playing baseball? They used their status to shove themselves into the sport, so they get held to the same standard, not a huge leap to figure that out. Their baseball careers were not respectable, if they were respectable they would have stayed with it and advanced. Respecting work ethic is fine but you said his baseball career was admirable and it wasn't. That is why he is back at football trying to play a brand new position, and not still playing baseball.

Seeing you compare Tebow to Rudy and say it is even more impressive, shows that you are emotional about this, which I figured by the way you started bring other people into. You couldn't stick to the original point of it being admirable or not, you started dragging other shit into that had nothing to do with it. So you keep thinking that sucking at a sport, that you shouldn't be playing to begin with, using your status from other sports to shove yourself into the roster, taking a spot from someone else who has played the sport their entire life is something that is admirable.

It isn't, at all, it is pathetic.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:07 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Would you want to go into a 4th straight season with MATT CASSEL as your starting QB!?
Nope. Wouldn't want to go into my first game with him as my starter. He was a career backup that should have, and probably would have, if not for Pioli stayed that way.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:15 AM 05-13-2021
Dude. That. Is. Why. It. Is. Not. Admirable.

They used their status as big stars in another sport to get shoved right into another sport, that they had not played. Then they ****ing sucked at it, terribly, minus the half ok year that Tebow had. I have watched the 30 for 30, still doesn't change my mind, they sucked and were not admirable. I looked at way more than batting average, he still couldn't hit a breaking ball for shit, and all signs pointed to them sucking asshole, and not being admirable for the efforts. You can't tell me .273 is hella respectable right after saying look at more than average, average doesn't tell us anything apparently.

You seriously can't figure out why I compare guys playing baseball to other guys playing baseball? They used their status to shove themselves into the sport, so they get held to the same standard, not a huge leap to figure that out. Their baseball careers were not respectable, if they were respectable they would have stayed with it and advanced. Respecting work ethic is fine but you said his baseball career was admirable and it wasn't. That is why he is back at football trying to play a brand new position, and not still playing baseball.

Seeing you compare Tebow to Rudy and say it is even more impressive, shows that you are emotional about this, which I figured by the way you started bring other people into. You couldn't stick to the original point of it being admirable or not, you started dragging other shit into that had nothing to do with it. So you keep thinking that sucking at a sport, that you shouldn't be playing to begin with, using your status from other sports to shove yourself into the roster, taking a spot from someone else who has played the sport their entire life is something that is admirable.

It isn't, at all, it is pathetic.
There's nothing pathetic about two guys looking respectable in AA ball in their secondary sport after a 5+ year absence. Much as you want it to be. Or much as you want to act like neither belonged. These guys did not suck. They ended up being pretty average as far as minor leaguers go, most of whom can't even compete at the A level. If you don't find that admirable then you're the one throwing emotion into this. I have no reason to give a shit about Tebow except that I respect his work ethic and think in football and baseball, he way outperformed his actual talent because of his competitiveness. Baseball is no exception.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:05 AM 05-13-2021
There's nothing pathetic about two guys looking respectable in AA ball in their secondary sport after a 5+ year absence. Much as you want it to be. Or much as you want to act like neither belonged. These guys did not suck. They ended up being pretty average as far as minor leaguers go, most of whom can't even compete at the A level. If you don't find that admirable then you're the one throwing emotion into this. I have no reason to give a shit about Tebow except that I respect his work ethic and think in football and baseball, he way outperformed his actual talent because of his competitiveness. Baseball is no exception.

You think it admirable that they used their status to shove themselves into a sport they didn't belong? Or that they showed that after not playing for so long they sucked at the sport? They did not look respectable at AA ball, the one year of Tebow batting decently, I can understand arguing that. The entirety of their careers are shit for AA players, that is why they both quit. They were shit, so they quit, not pretty average, below average.

What I find admirable, is trying out for a team, making it on your performance, progressing your career. Not using status to get yourself onto a team, sucking for 1 to 4 years, quitting because you suck ass and can't make it. I have way higher standards for my admiration. I have no emotion in this, by definition, I have none in this, you do with your admiration. It is why you felt the need to cloud the discussion by changing the subject, bringing other people into it, rather than sticking to Tebow and if what he did was admirable.

His work ethic from what I have seen is something a person can admire, his baseball and pro football career are both shit. Anyone who can admire his performance in either of those areas, have low standards and probably haven't accomplished anything of significance in life.
[Reply]
Shields68 01:23 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
That dream was mostly over by the time he was benched for being on the lower end of mediocre, by another mediocre QB nonetheless.
Yeah, a lot of people want to pretend that Kap was above average. But his accuracy was pathetic. I mean two coaching staffs had it a toss up whether to start him or Gabbert.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:45 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I remember one of the games against the Chiefs where he missed every pass he attempted. Except 2 passes to Eric Decker which beat us.
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
**** i was at that shit show. Somehow we lost to a guy who was like 2/17 and 120 yards passing.
This is when you 'know' there is a God and his name is Jesus and Tim worships Jesus thus Jesus blesses Tim. More blessings to come to Tim I assure you.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:17 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I'm a University of Florida fan and a New York Mets fan.

I'll never understand people's real dislike for the guy. He was an amazing college QB who was never going to amount to anything in the NFL in that position but stuck to his guns to try to live out his dream. He eventually pivoted to baseball after years of not playing and developed into a serviceable minor leaguer.

He probably sees an opportunity to get one last chance to play in the NFL with his college head coach. Why not go for it?

If the guy were all about the money, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have spent the last several years riding the bus as a minor league baseball player in his spare time.
I agree 100%. :-)

It is a win-win-win-win for all parties involved as well. The Jags brass gets to put more butts in the seat, Urban can take pressure off of Lawrence, the Florida fans get their 'chosen son' to come home and play in front of them and Tim gets his 2nd coming.:-)

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
tends to rub people the wrong way.
Been happening since Jesus walked the earth. I apply the below verse everyday in my life and especially coming into CP and take no offense when it is given. And I assure you Tebow does as well in his life and takes no offense when it is given. :-)

John 15:18-25

New Living Translation

The World’s Hatred

18 “If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. 19 The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you. 20 Do you remember what I told you? ‘A slave is not greater than the master.’ Since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to me, they would listen to you. 21 They will do all this to you because of me, for they have rejected the one who sent me. 22 They would not be guilty if I had not come and spoken to them. But now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Anyone who hates me also hates my Father. 24 If I hadn’t done such miraculous signs among them that no one else could do, they would not be guilty. But as it is, they have seen everything I did, yet they still hate me and my Father. 25 This fulfills what is written in their Scriptures: ‘They hated me without cause.’
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:45 AM 05-21-2021
Bumping this up only because I just read that Tebow now has the top 5 selling jerseys on NFL.com. No, not 1 of the top 5... he owns the top 5 spots.

Again, as I said earlier... it's all about merch and press. That's why they signed him and the NFL is loving it.
[Reply]
tk13 01:07 PM 05-21-2021
Yeah you're right. That's something.

At https://t.co/jHuhn4vMsP today, the top five selling items are all....Tim Tebow items. pic.twitter.com/k2wdJvX5lQ

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 21, 2021

[Reply]
Mecca 01:10 PM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
Yeah you're right. That's something.

People enjoy owning a scrubs jersey?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Up