ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jags Sign Tebow
ModSocks 12:21 PM 05-10-2021
Jaguars signed TE Tim Tebow to a one-year contract.

The deal isn't 'official' just yet but will be in the next week or so. Tebow, 33, hasn't played in a regular-season game in nine years and will be attempting to change positions once he does make it to camp. It's another wacky (albeit fun) move that brings Meyer's tenure into question after the organization also added a first-round running back and drafted multiple injured players. There is no competition among Jacksonville's tight ends if Tebow does somehow sneak onto the 53-man roster.

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/footb...nville-jaguars
[Reply]
Mecca 10:31 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Which takes me back to my original comment:

I find it ironic and funny that people get so disjointed about something they're absolutely convinced is a fairy tale.
If I went around knocking on doors and took every opportunity to tell people how fuckin cool atheism is, people would think I was a massive dick...
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:33 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If I went around knocking on doors and took every opportunity to tell people how fuckin cool atheism is, people would think I was a massive dick...
He's not knocking on doors.

He's being INVITED to do interviews.

Do you refrain from talking about things you're passionate about? What's wrong with speaking your mind?

It seems that the only reason you want him to shut up is because you don't agree with him. That's democracy at work right there!
[Reply]
Mecca 10:38 AM 05-12-2021
He's not knocking on doors.

He's being INVITED to do interviews.

Do you refrain from talking about things you're passionate about? What's wrong with speaking your mind?

It seems that the only reason you want him to shut up is because you don't agree with him. That's democracy at work right there!
But you realize this is why people don't like him...it's no different than people who don't like LeBron for stuff he says.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:39 AM 05-12-2021
But you realize this is why people don't like him...it's no different than people who don't like LeBron for stuff he says.
Absolutely.

And again, I find it funny that people get so bent out of shape about a MYTH.

If it's truly hogwash, it should be pretty easy to just dismiss him as crazy, don't you think?

Yet there's a large vocal group that comes out of the woodwork every time he's mentioned. Their insecurity is hilarious.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:41 AM 05-12-2021
For the record, I don't care one whit about Tebow. At all. He's not a good football player and his personal life interests me little.

I just find his detractors hilarious.
[Reply]
jettio 11:03 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
It is even more stupid, K has shown very little that he really wants to work his way back into the league, screwed up his NFL tryout, refused to play in minor league because he wanted to be paid too much, etc, etc. Getting paid as the victim is worth so much more for him anyway.
What NFL players tell their own kids about Kaepernick is to never let your girlfriend get your nose so wide open that you give up your dream.

He would have gotten a job a long time ago if he broke up with that girlfriend that bosses him around.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:18 AM 05-12-2021
No, it’s way fucking different.

I’m not religious by any means, and I roll me eyes at that shit constantly, but Lebron is literally out there telling lies and stoking the fire on race relations in this country.

To compare Tebow to Lebron is beyond a reach.

The funny part is people like you honestly are more annoyed by Tebow, which says a lot about you. This is coming from a Canes fan who hated Tebow.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:40 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No, it’s way fucking different.

I’m not religious by any means, and I roll me eyes at that shit constantly, but Lebron is literally out there telling lies and stoking the fire on race relations in this country.

To compare Tebow to Lebron is beyond a reach.

The funny part is people like you honestly are more annoyed by Tebow, which says a lot about you. This is coming from a Canes fan who hated Tebow.
I really don't give a shit about Tim Tebow, he gets a chance because nepotism, who cares.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:44 AM 05-12-2021
I really don't give a shit about Tim Tebow, he gets a chance because nepotism, who cares.
You don’t have to give a fuck about Tebow to see the difference between somebody that does absolutely no harm and somebody who continuously does and never learns or is held accountable.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:52 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah, I think Kaepernick has made more of a killing not playing than playing. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't be on some team if he was just willing to take a backup contract. I dont think he cares if he plays or not. Tebow actually wants to play. It's a dumb move by the jags but id love to see him do well.
4 years ago, sure. Now, no. He's fucking 33 and hasn't played in 5 years.

I know the numbers are similar for Tebow, but let's be real here, TE is easier to play than QB.
[Reply]
morphius 11:58 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
What NFL players tell their own kids about Kaepernick is to never let your girlfriend get your nose so wide open that you give up your dream.

He would have gotten a job a long time ago if he broke up with that girlfriend that bosses him around.
That dream was mostly over by the time he was benched for being on the lower end of mediocre, by another mediocre QB nonetheless.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:58 AM 05-12-2021
You're definitely misremembering events. Reggie White was despised, not only for his faith but for his somewhat malformed opinions on things like Asians being tiny people known for making tiny things.

Kurt Warner was reviled for a time - both he and his wife - for their religion and the associated political views.

Only Drew Brees on your list has faced almost no backlash and that's not surprising because he's not nearly as vocal as the other two, and not even close to being as outspoken as Tebow.
He's THIS reviled because of his faith?

I'm willing to go ahead (especially given Mecca's comment) and say it's still true for a portion of people, but here's the bottom line: The guy blows goat testicles as a QB. And too many people are blinded by either his faith, his play style, his charisma, or whatever and think that it shouldn't matter that he blows goat testicles.

Right now THAT'S why a dude who hasn't played a single regular season snap since 2012 was getting talked about as the main headline the past two days. Not because "OMG his faaaaaiiith!!!"
[Reply]
staylor26 12:28 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He's THIS reviled because of his faith?

I'm willing to go ahead (especially given Mecca's comment) and say it's still true for a portion of people, but here's the bottom line: The guy blows goat testicles as a QB. And too many people are blinded by either his faith, his play style, his charisma, or whatever and think that it shouldn't matter that he blows goat testicles.

Right now THAT'S why a dude who hasn't played a single regular season snap since 2012 was getting talked about as the main headline the past two days. Not because "OMG his faaaaaiiith!!!"
This I certainly agree with.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:46 PM 05-12-2021
I genuinely feel that there is a large swath of people, many casual viewers that the NFL wants to grab that simply just want him to succeed because they like him.

No big deal really... it's a damn publicity stunt and if he somehow makes the team and plays spot duty as a TE, it's not going to be a bad thing and it won't be a great thing.

Tebow is not going to redefine the position... so it's all just fodder and a signing to spark interest and sell merch. It grabs eyeballs and dollars, that's all it is.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:27 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
He started because Haley, who was all but asking to get fired gave the big FU to Pioli by starting him since Pioli was obsessed with Cassel and refused to actually bring in competition for him.
Would you want to go into a 4th straight season with MATT CASSEL as your starting QB!?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Up