ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Pringle Signs Tender with Chiefs: $2.13M
T-post Tom 03:39 PM 04-29-2021
https://www.wibw.com/2021/04/29/k-st...th-the-chiefs/

To the ship?

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (WIBW) - Chiefs wide receiver and Kansas State alum Byron Pringle is staying in Kansas City.

His agents, Katz Brothers Sports, tweeted Thursday afternoon he has re-signed with the team.

Pringle, who joined the Chiefs in 2018 as an undrafted free agent, enters his fourth year in KC this fall.

The 27-year-old hauled in 13 catches for 160 yards last season including one touchdown.

Congratulations @pringle_byron! pic.twitter.com/OUv8JCebGA

— Katz Brothers Sports (@KatzBrosSports) April 29, 2021

[Reply]
Bowser 01:37 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't think you can just put Powell in at the #2.
I'm assuming the 2 spot will be Hardman or DRob's. Hopefully in a month's time that will change.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:38 PM 05-12-2021
He's had opportunities before with Sammie always being hurt. He is what he is at this point, he's not going to just explode all of the sudden at 28 years old.
Well, he DID start the Super Bowl for us, for whatever that's worth.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:39 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Well, he DID start the Super Bowl for us, for whatever that's worth.
He's gotten the snaps but he just hasn't had the production.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:40 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
When was the last time a 28 year old receiver with less than 350 yards in his career had a breakthrough season and became a productive #2 WR?
I doubt he'll be the #2, but I honestly have no idea what Reid or Barton Fink are thinking regarding the #2 spot.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:46 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I doubt he'll be the #2, but I honestly have no idea what Reid or Barton Fink are thinking regarding the #2 spot.
Maybe they think Hardman will finally come on. It is year 3 for him after all.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:24 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
When was the last time a 28 year old receiver with less than 350 yards in his career had a breakthrough season and became a productive #2 WR?
Joe Horn?...
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:33 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Joe Horn?...
He changed teams and went to a team that actually passed the ball.

He had more targets his first year in New Orleans than he did in his 4 years in KC combined.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:36 PM 05-12-2021
He changed teams and went to a team that actually passed the ball.

He had more targets his first year in New Orleans than he did in his 4 years in KC combined.
Pringle hasn't really gotten a shot. I don't think it's him so much as the opportunity. He's played well when allowed to...
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:42 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Pringle hasn't really gotten a shot. I don't think it's him so much as the opportunity. He's played well when allowed to...
That's just not really true though.

The guy has played 382 snaps in 2 years. He has exactly 33 targets. He's just not that good.
[Reply]
nychief 02:45 PM 05-12-2021
JAG
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:46 PM 05-12-2021
That's just not really true though.

The guy has played 382 snaps in 2 years. He has exactly 33 targets. He's just not that good.
It seems as if some people have forgotten that Reid's expertise is on the offensive side of the ball.

If he felt that Pringle was a #2 or #3 in the past, he would have seen far more snaps and targets in prior years.

While I think that Reid can scheme around the deficiency at the #2 WR spot against most teams, something has to happen this offseason to acquire a true #2, unless they have complete faith in Powell.

Kemp, Sharpe, Calloway and Pringle haven't proven that they're anything other than 5's or 6's at the bottom of the roster.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:48 PM 05-12-2021
I like Pringle. Catches the ball when you throw it at him, shows up at critical times. Good special team player, just a quality guy. Hoping he has a great year.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 02:49 PM 05-12-2021
Joe Horn was a guy that broke out in his 5th year in the league at 28. It's not unheard of.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:50 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Joe Horn was a guy that broke out in his 5th year in the league at 28. It's not unheard of.
He also changed teams and offensive systems.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:56 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
So one guy in the past 25 years is proof of what, exactly?

Carl was stupid to allow Horn to move on, especially considering that he had been courting Dick Vermeil for years.

Had Horn been here during the Vermeil years, they would have had the most unstoppable offense in the league by far.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up