ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2021: FA WR's: Corey Davis or Curtis Samuel?
Dante84 05:37 PM 02-22-2021
Nate Taylor (from The Athletic) seems to think Veach might be interested in one of these 2 in Free Agency.

So, after factoring in price tag, age and talent, who would you rather have?

Corey Davis, WR, Titans (age 26)
Spoiler!

Curtis Samuel, WR, Panthers (age 24)
Spoiler!

Nate also mentions these other players:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 12:27 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
They were prepared to try him at RG or LG when they had Fisher and Schwartz healthy. Makes me think they’d do the same with a healthy Fisher/Williams or Schwartz/Williams combo.
Exactly, that was when Fisher and Schwartz were completely healthy. That has changed, and so has the need for a T at both spots.

He was always going to be a T long term.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:49 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Not sure what that has to do with Trent Williams. Both of those guys were replacement level players that derailed our chances of winning the game.

They also tried signing Adrus Peat and drafted OL in the third.

I do think it’s more likely they address OL in the draft, but Veach has an eye on adding the best possible options for premium positions and if Silverback becomes available, I’m sure we will have interest.
It has to do with them not investing heavily in the offensive line.

They've let 2 pretty good centers walk.

Really the only thing they've done is draft Fish.

He's going to be back.

And the whole Peat story is a rumor, nothing more.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:51 PM 02-23-2021
So what the fuck do we do if both of them come back?

Get a stop gap at LT and plug in Niang at LG?
Put Niang at LT until Fish gets back?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:53 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So what the fuck do we do if both of them come back?

Get a stop gap at LT and plug in Niang at LG?
Put Niang at LT until Fish gets back?
They wanted to start Niang at guard anyway. It's entirely possible the line that starts the season is the same one that was in the Super Bowl with a couple of changes and possibly a new center.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:00 PM 02-23-2021
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pOk1Mm...ature=youtu.be
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:06 PM 02-23-2021
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pOk1Mm...ature=youtu.be
Video is Chris Simms talking about adding another dimension to our offense. Either being more balanced or adding an underneath guy like an Edelman type.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:18 PM 02-23-2021
Man I love Chris Simms bc he gets it and he’s right.

We need to run the ball more, especially with Clyde back there. We did this and it worked so well with Kareem Hunt when Patrick was in his first year and in a jam.

We need to draft a badass C and a receiver that can work the middle of the field. An Edelman or Cooper Kupp type would be nice
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:24 PM 02-23-2021
Kadarius Toney, Amari Rodgers, there's going to be some options in the later rounds that can address that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:28 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Kadarius Toney, Amari Rodgers, there's going to be some options in the later rounds that can address that.
Cade Johnson and Anthony Schwartz.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:35 PM 02-23-2021
Yep. Gonna be a ton of those guys available.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:36 PM 02-23-2021
Add Jaelon Darden and Shi Smith.

There are plenty of guys that fit that profile this year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:37 PM 02-23-2021
And honestly, Reid does need to adjust his offense. We can’t be bombs away all the time. We need more balance. I’m not saying give CEH 25 carries a game but he needs to run the ball a little more. That obviously means fixing the offensive line too.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:49 PM 02-23-2021
If they think it’s possible for Fisher snd Schwartz to return, they should probably work extensions for both and try everything they can to sign Corey Linsley away from GB. That dude is a mauler in the run game, is an alpha, is very good in pass pro and centers don’t make as much as OTs, so we might be able to get him for 12-13m per with a low first year cap hit.

Fisher
Allegreti
Linsley
Niang
Schwartz

I just think Schwartz is going to retire and that Fisher isn’t going to play till mid season at the earliest and by then, the season can go in many directions.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:07 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Toney is a first rd WR and Rodgers is an early 3rd from what I’ve seen in mocks. It’s hard for me to see that Auburn kid lasting to the end of the 3rd rd. 6’1 guys with blazing speed like that don’t usually last long.

I think we need to pick one up early if we want a contribution this year. I’m onboard for WR and C with our first 2 picks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:09 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Toney is a first rd WR and Rodgers is an early 3rd from what I’ve seen in mocks. It’s hard for me to see that Auburn kid lasting to the end of the 3rd rd. 6’1 guys with blazing speed like that don’t usually last long.

I think we need to pick one up early if we want a contribution this year. I’m onboard for WR and C with our first 2 picks.
Yeah, I meant to say "and there's going to be some options in the later rounds that can address that."

There's going to be a ton of WR options in this draft, from the 1st all the way to the end of the 3rd. If they want an X, there's several. If they want a slot, there's several.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up