ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Frig ice maker
Holladay 12:29 AM 12-02-2020
The frig is not making ice. Over Thanksgiving, my Mom used a lot of ice for tea. I think she used what was left in the hopper. So I don't know how long it hasn't worked.

I saw a notification, on the frig, that the water filter needed to be changed a week before. It has happened before and figured I had a week to replace it.

So, after Thanksgiving, I changed the filter and no ice. I forgot to bleed the system of air in the system. I ran through 2+ gallons on the water supply side, which did have air, and thought the problem solved but still no ice. I thought that the line was possibly frozen, so cut the power and left the doors open for half a day.

The water dispenser still works ie. ran 2+ gallons to get the air out, but the ice maker doesn't fill up with water to make ice.

I am clueless. I get water to fill a glass, but no water into the ice maker???

Thoughts.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:14 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
:-) We just bought all new Samsung appliances for our kitchen.
:-)

To be fair, I’ve talked to some store guys that say they’ve fixed the problems. IDK.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 01:26 PM 12-02-2020
I just bought a Samsung dishwasher and refrigerator. I read the horror stories about Samsung appliances, but I also read horror stories for all the other brands too
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:45 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
:-)

To be fair, I’ve talked to some store guys that say they’ve fixed the problems. IDK.
We actually bought the gas range right after we moved into the new place, had an issue after a couple months with a fan making noise but they fixed it under warranty and it's been fine since then. We had the exact same fridge in our old place for a couple years and didn't have problems. So far we love them...just hope it stays that way.

Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
I just bought a Samsung dishwasher and refrigerator. I read the horror stories about Samsung appliances, but I also read horror stories for all the other brands too
Exactly. None of them are built to last anymore. Fucking GE is among the worst.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:57 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Plugged water valve, frozen up, or bad ice maker are most common.

I've replaced a couple and am going to do one for my parents soon. Ice maker should be around $80-100. Watch a YouTube video. Takes about 5-10min to swap out in my experience. ...and yes, this is my last Samsung refrigerator.

You can do it
In the past calendar year, I've replaced both the Water and Ice Maker fill lines, the Water Inlet valve, the Control Panel, the Ice Maker, a couple of solenoids and I'm replacing the Water Tank assembly this weekend.

All in all, it's cost me about $225 dollars in total, which isn't bad for a 17 year old GE fridge that still looks brand new.

While there are numerous videos on YouTube, I've had great success with appliancepartspros.com, as they not only carry like every single appliance replacement part but they also have instructional videos on their website, which makes the work a breeze.
[Reply]
Shoes 02:02 PM 12-02-2020
Did you fix this piece of shit yet?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:02 PM 12-02-2020
Exactly. None of them are built to last anymore. Fucking GE is among the worst.
I've had the opposite experience with GE.

My oven/stove top, microwave, trash compactor and dishwasher are all still working perfectly after more than 17 years of use, while the fridge has needed about $225 dollars in parts replacements in the past calendar year, all of which I did myself.

On the other hand, everyone I know that's had a Samsung refrigerator has had them die within 3 months or less, which is the main reason why I chose to repair my fridge instead of dropping $3k or more on something that won't last.

FYI, I purchased a Samsung Washer & Dryer in late 2012, which cost me more than $2k from Best Buy. The dryer stopped working last December and even though the unit was only 7 years old, Samsung discontinued the Control Board in 2017, so it was completely worthless and unable to be repaired.

I wish you luck with your Samsung appliances but I will never purchase anything made by Samsung, ever again.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:05 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Samsung fridge by chance? They are known for icemaker issues.
Samsung fridges are the Devil. Had one that came with our last house. Such a hunk of crap. Issue after issue after issue.
[Reply]
Eureka 03:44 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've had the opposite experience with GE.

My oven/stove top, microwave, trash compactor and dishwasher are all still working perfectly after more than 17 years of use, while the fridge has needed about $225 dollars in parts replacements in the past calendar year, all of which I did myself.

On the other hand, everyone I know that's had a Samsung refrigerator has had them die within 3 months or less, which is the main reason why I chose to repair my fridge instead of dropping $3k or more on something that won't last.

FYI, I purchased a Samsung Washer & Dryer in late 2012, which cost me more than $2k from Best Buy. The dryer stopped working last December and even though the unit was only 7 years old, Samsung discontinued the Control Board in 2017, so it was completely worthless and unable to be repaired.

I wish you luck with your Samsung appliances but I will never purchase anything made by Samsung, ever again.
These old appliances are contributing to your HIGH electric bill. It's a trade off. Who's to say how much but over time that adds up eventually.

Speed Queen is a great option for Washer & Dryer. They don't look fancy though.
[Reply]
bdj23 03:47 PM 12-02-2020
Frig off, barb!
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:16 PM 12-02-2020
I bought all Whirlpool and Amanda of the insider link shared here. Almost 4 years and no issues yet. (Knocking on wooden head)
[Reply]
Valiant 05:04 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Holladay:
The frig is not making ice. Over Thanksgiving, my Mom used a lot of ice for tea. I think she used what was left in the hopper. So I don't know how long it hasn't worked.

I saw a notification, on the frig, that the water filter needed to be changed a week before. It has happened before and figured I had a week to replace it.

So, after Thanksgiving, I changed the filter and no ice. I forgot to bleed the system of air in the system. I ran through 2+ gallons on the water supply side, which did have air, and thought the problem solved but still no ice. I thought that the line was possibly frozen, so cut the power and left the doors open for half a day.

The water dispenser still works ie. ran 2+ gallons to get the air out, but the ice maker doesn't fill up with water to make ice.

I am clueless. I get water to fill a glass, but no water into the ice maker???

Thoughts.
Samsung?
[Reply]
Valiant 05:07 PM 12-02-2020
Just read further down. Buy a new part online and install. Samsung is trash for appliances, they look great though.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 05:15 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
In the past calendar year, I've replaced both the Water and Ice Maker fill lines, the Water Inlet valve, the Control Panel, the Ice Maker, a couple of solenoids and I'm replacing the Water Tank assembly this weekend.

All in all, it's cost me about $225 dollars in total, which isn't bad for a 17 year old GE fridge that still looks brand new.

While there are numerous videos on YouTube, I've had great success with appliancepartspros.com, as they not only carry like every single appliance replacement part but they also have instructional videos on their website, which makes the work a breeze.
^^^This.
I just did something similar to our 15 year old Kenmore refrigerator freezer.
The videos at appliancepartspros.com are great.
[Reply]
notorious 05:50 PM 12-02-2020
Sorry man.

Maybe they got their shit together the last few years. I just know that my friends HATE Samsung appliances.

TVs on the other hand......
[Reply]
notorious 05:52 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Eureka:
These old appliances are contributing to your HIGH electric bill. It's a trade off. Who's to say how much but over time that adds up eventually.

Speed Queen is a great option for Washer & Dryer. They don't look fancy though.
Boom.

We purchased the Classic Series (TC?). No frills but they kick ass, and are built like a tank. If anyone is looking at a washer, GET ONE WITH AN AGITATOR.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up