ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3499 of 3903
« First < 2499299933993449348934953496349734983499 3500350135023503350935493599 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiTown 01:07 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Unless someone wants to sue a grocery store, claiming that they got da' rona from some unmasked shopper after the grocery store had lifted all mask requirements.
Ha. That'd be pretty hard to prove that they got it by entering that specific entity. Not only that, but that entity would have the CDC's own guidelines as their backup.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:10 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Ha. That'd be pretty hard to prove that they got it by entering that specific entity. Not only that, but that entity would have the CDC's own guidelines as their backup.
Both very true but never underestimate a determined lawyer, or lawyers, that want to make a case...and some cash...
[Reply]
TLO 01:24 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
THIS is the kind of messaging that will encourage vaccination. Not "you still have to act like you are infected", not "you are literally Hitler if you don't get a vaccine", not "you are a science hater".
This kind of messaging should have come out around March. Maybe sooner.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:09 PM 05-13-2021

Here is the new table that vaccines block transmission (tipping point on this question reached - seemed to know some time ago?) and will up on following link so you can get the links:https://t.co/RrvP0XXafW pic.twitter.com/Wdaqn4iW9Z

— Monica Gandhi MD, MPH (@MonicaGandhi9) May 13, 2021

[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:14 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Hopefully grocery stores, hardware store etc will now drop their mask mandates

Not likely unless they start asking for proof of vaccination. I’m doubtful they will go by the honor system though at this point they should. I and others have said for a while once the vaccine is widely available with some sort of grace period to give everyone a chance for both doses then masks and social distancing are no longer needed and completely normalcy should be back.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:12 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
No. It'd be nice if all adults would get vaccinated so we can move on. However, if some adults have chosen to not be vaccinated by now (and that's certainly their choice) and they get Covid, then that's on them. I'm not going to feel guilty or beholden to masks/testing after I have already received both doses of vaccine.
This. Everyone that has had a fair shot at getting it and refused I won't feel sorry for them. It's easily accessible now.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:12 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
This kind of messaging should have come out around March. Maybe sooner.
Probably don't have to give away millions probably a $100 gift card to random place might do it for some...
[Reply]
DaFace 06:23 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
This. Everyone that has had a fair shot at getting it and refused I won't feel sorry for them. It's easily accessible now.
Yep. While it's not 100% true that vaccinated people are fine, you'd have to be SUPER unlucky (on the scale of dying in a car wreck unlucky) to die from COVID after being vaccinated.

At this point, everyone should be happy. No one's required to get the vaccine. No one's required to give a shit if unvaccinated people die. It's just a new way of getting a Darwin award IMO.

I'm still in favor of being cautious, monitoring the spread, and being open to modest restrictions if things start getting shitty again, but given our current trajectory, it's time to get back to life.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:10 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yep. While it's not 100% true that vaccinated people are fine, you'd have to be SUPER unlucky (on the scale of dying in a car wreck unlucky) to die from COVID after being vaccinated.

At this point, everyone should be happy. No one's required to get the vaccine. No one's required to give a shit if unvaccinated people die. It's just a new way of getting a Darwin award IMO.

I'm still in favor of being cautious, monitoring the spread, and being open to modest restrictions if things start getting shitty again, but given our current trajectory, it's time to get back to life.
Agreed.
[Reply]
Coach 08:17 PM 05-13-2021
https://fox4kc.com/tracking-coronavi...-new-guidance/

Originally Posted by :
Kansas City to rescind mask order, effective Friday, after CDC’s new guidance

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:35 AM 05-14-2021

How it started How it’s going pic.twitter.com/nnhmU5hScu

— Eric (@IAmTheActualET) May 14, 2021

[Reply]
arrowheadnation 08:41 AM 05-14-2021
I don't know why, but it's emotional typing this. So can those of us who are vaccinated basically declare the pandemic "over" as of right now for all intents and purposes? I mean, real life feels like a lifetime ago. My dad died during covid (not from covid), all of my country bumpkin relatives who were staunch anti-mask/anti-vax all caught and luckily survived covid and are now all vaxxed, and I was told a week after my dad's funeral that I am being laid off on July 1....Life comes and it comes fast, but I'm blessed. The dog days are over; the dog days are done.
[Reply]
Red Beans 08:46 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
I don't know why, but it's emotional typing this. So can those of us who are vaccinated basically declare the pandemic "over" as of right now for all intents and purposes? I mean, real life feels like a lifetime ago. My dad died during covid (not from covid), all of my country bumpkin relatives who were staunch anti-mask/anti-vax all caught and luckily survived covid and are now all vaxxed, and I was told a week after my dad's funeral that I am being laid off on July 1....Life comes and it comes fast, but I'm blessed. The dog days are over; the dog days are done.
It's been a long 15 months...
[Reply]
DaFace 10:39 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
It's tough to fully say it's "over" - in theory we could see another wave in the fall, especially if variants end up being problematic.

But right now, it's looking like the vaccines are working better than anyone could have possibly hoped for. Once vaccinated, your risk of death from COVID is incredibly low. So if you and most of the people you care about are vaccinated, yeah, I think you can celebrate at this point.

We'll still see some lingering restrictions for a while I'm sure (e.g., international travel restrictions, masks in certain situations), and we will almost certainly see a small level of lingering deaths among non-vaccinated people. But for the most part, this summer should be as close to normal as we could have hoped for back in January.
[Reply]
kgrund 11:04 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's tough to fully say it's "over" - in theory we could see another wave in the fall, especially if variants end up being problematic.

But right now, it's looking like the vaccines are working better than anyone could have possibly hoped for. Once vaccinated, your risk of death from COVID is incredibly low. So if you and most of the people you care about are vaccinated, yeah, I think you can celebrate at this point.

We'll still see some lingering restrictions for a while I'm sure (e.g., international travel restrictions, masks in certain situations), and we will almost certainly see a small level of lingering deaths among non-vaccinated people. But for the most part, this summer should be as close to normal as we could have hoped for back in January.
What would you consider a wave at this point? I do not think we will ever see anything close to what we saw last fall/winter specific to this virus. Any future "wave" will likely be a ripple that is less than a typical flu season IMO.
[Reply]
Page 3499 of 3903
« First < 2499299933993449348934953496349734983499 3500350135023503350935493599 > Last »
Up