ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 206 of 219
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-03-2023
Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
Recruiting Class
Rivals
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:41 AM 01-04-2024
10.7 million people tuned in to the Cotton Bowl last Friday. That's incredible.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 01:08 AM 01-04-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
10.7 million people tuned in to the Cotton Bowl last Friday. That's incredible.
Where’s Prison Bitch when you need him? “College football is dead.”
[Reply]
warpaint* 09:01 AM 01-04-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He cited stability in signing his extension with Mizzou last week.

He signed that knowing that LSU was likely opening up its defensive staff. If he was serious, he may not be interested in going to Baton Rouge to be the next sacrificial lamb in line for Brian Kelly.
It's on football scoop. You never know what's really going on & who's leaking what & why but it appears serious at the moment. I think we will have clarity soon.
[Reply]
warpaint* 09:04 AM 01-04-2024
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
This yr's NC matchup is great for the sport I think - a couple fresh teams that haven't been in it for awhile.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:18 PM 01-04-2024
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Bring back Saul Good! Dude ended PB and that turd Bambi
[Reply]
tredadda 02:26 PM 01-04-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Bring back Saul Good! Dude ended PB and that turd Bambi
That’s a name that I have not heard in a very long time.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:30 PM 01-04-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I still don't believe they were.

I think it was a 'mooooooook' chant for Cooper that Drink used as a rallying cry.

I've had two guys I know who were at the game that said the same thing.

It's not something Mizzou fans do. They get apathetic and don't show - they don't boo the starting QB.

Well except for the dumbest **** to ever ****. I haven't seen him in this thread for a bit. Seems he wisely peaced out.
I was definitely at the game and people definitely booed him when his name was announced as the starting QB. It was in the pregame. We had a great season and I’m happy to eat crow on my feelings for Cook, but don’t try to rewrite what happened if you weren’t even there. Walking into that stadium there wasn’t a single fan acting like we stood a chance and all the talk at Harpo’s that morning with fellow fans was about how Horn needed to be the starter. Cook and Drink followed up the boos with one of the best performances I watched at that stadium in awhile and deserved all the respect they got after that, but those games before that were not giving anyone ANY sort of confidence. Maybe the boos from the crowd sparked a fire in the play calling. It definitely seemed to light Drink up a bit in the postgame conference. You’re out of your mind if you think that his reaction was because of ONE fan close to the bench.
[Reply]
Jerm 05:44 PM 01-04-2024
Theo Wease is coming back for 2024…..hell yeah.

That WR room is gonna be NASTY….
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:26 AM 01-05-2024

Happy Mini Movie Day 🎬

The 𝑬𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅 Cotton Bowl Mini Movie drops at 3:00 PM CT!

Here’s a little sneak preview…#MIZ🐯🏈 pic.twitter.com/iiYtr1QINd

— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) January 5, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:36 AM 01-05-2024
This is gonna sound like an insult. It kinda might be even if I don't intend it as such.

But a guy like Drink has to work HARD to get the kind of credibility for that speech to not make his guys just giggle. This tubby little nerdy guy with a squeaky voice and a kinda southern, kinda not accent is out there shouting "We're wilderness forged!!"

I kinda liken it to Patton a bit. George C. Scott does a HELL of a Patton and frankly, Patton would've likely had an easier time if he looked and sounded like George C. Scott. But he was kindof a mousy/sinewy dude with a pretty nasal voice. If that guy was telling you "We're going to grease the treads of our tanks with their guts" and you weren't laughing at him, he fucking earned that kind of capital.

He got that kind of buy in through equity and not gravitas, if that makes any sense. In a way, that makes it quite a bit more impressive. I'm kinda curious how that plays over any real timeline. Is that the sort of thing that you actually build a wave behind? Or is it a very up and down sort of scenario?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:42 AM 01-05-2024
Here's what I mean:

It's kinda jarring. Patton the historical figure isn't nearly as impressive an orator on a surface level than Patton the Hollywood creation. And yet that dude got shit done. Guys worshipped him.

So he must've worked his ass off to get that kind of loyalty and engender that kind of spirit.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:41 PM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Here's what I mean:

It's kinda jarring. Patton the historical figure isn't nearly as impressive an orator on a surface level than Patton the Hollywood creation. And yet that dude got shit done. Guys worshipped him.

So he must've worked his ass off to get that kind of loyalty and engender that kind of spirit.
He won…..a lot. That is what helped him so much. Plus he did have quite a few memorable statements that stuck with people.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:34 PM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
He won…..a lot. That is what helped him so much. Plus he did have quite a few memorable statements that stuck with people.
He really hurt his legacy by smacking the soldiers in the hospital, but that's what helped the success of operation fortitude.
[Reply]
Jerm 03:38 PM 01-05-2024
Looks like Baker is leaving for LSU….
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:02 PM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Looks like Baker is leaving for LSU….
Why sign a contract extension with Mizzou 3 weeks ago if you know you might leave?

That makes zero sense.
[Reply]
Page 206 of 219
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216 > Last »
Up