ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>$16m in Cap Space, are we gonna spend it?
Couch-Potato 12:17 PM 06-24-2024
We let Buggs go and currently have ~$16m in cap space...

Are we gonna spend it?

Who should we spend it on?
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 12:18 PM 06-24-2024
Maybe $3M for Donovan Smith.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:40 PM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod:
Maybe $3M for Donovan Smith.
Something like that if it’s obvious no one can do the job. Otherwise, I think leftover salary cap carries over to next year, correct? If so, we really need more cap space next year. Lots of great players are due to be paid.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:43 PM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Something like that if it’s obvious no one can do the job. Otherwise, I think leftover salary cap carries over to next year, correct? If so, we really need more cap space next year. Lots of great players are due to be paid.
When you have Mahomes, Kelce, Jones, et al, you play for now - not later. If we have $$, spend it to shore up LT, RB & another DL.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:47 PM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
When you have Mahomes, Kelce, Jones, et al, you play for now - not later. If we have $$, spend it to shore up LT, RB & another DL.
Agree with RB and DT.

Hope we don’t sign a LT, because we’re blown away by what we have in Kingsley.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:18 PM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Hope we don’t sign a LT, because we’re blown away by what we have in Kingsley.
Whoaaaaaaaaa big fella! Not in pads yet. Then we can really assess accurately at that point. Just saying:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:47 PM 06-24-2024
I don't always agree - but I think I do this time.

That said, you don't just spend for the sake of spending. The right player has to be there. And honestly, I'd love to use some of that space to get extensions done on those guys that we need to take care of next season. But I think the rapid rises in the cap going forward are going to keep most players from extending early unless you're willing to blow the market apart to do so.

Now Creed can/will and probably SHOULD re-set the market. So I'm a little puzzled as to why that one's not done yet.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:48 PM 06-24-2024
Indeed, you're doing a disservice to this team by sitting $16 million under the cap this year, unless they're planning to go all out Philly Eagles style next offseason and resign all our top free agents no matter what, which you know they aren't going to do.

I'm assuming Veach has some 1-year deals he's planning on handing out to a LT, RB and possibly a DT. Still some guys out there, just no way I see them sitting on that much space. They'll spend $8-9M of it before all is said and done is my guess.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:58 PM 06-24-2024
I usually agree but man,we’ve got a really good team and a chance to keep a lot of those pieces the next few years. Mahomes’ cap hit becomes very real next year so I think we just use whatever we have left to absorb that blow. Let’s round out our roster with some vets but I think this is a good year to prep for the future so we can try to limit cuts next year
[Reply]
Womble 12:19 PM 06-24-2024
We need to replace about 20 personnel on the cheerleaders squad.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:21 PM 06-24-2024
Pay Donovan Smith and hope he gets beat out.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:35 PM 06-24-2024
A gorilla vs. grizzly PPV.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:37 PM 06-24-2024
Lt insurance makes sense. But top priority should be to save up for future contract obligations.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:37 PM 06-24-2024
Makes me wish we'd have held onto Gay at his price point. That athleticism was a big deal at times.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:58 PM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Makes me wish we'd have held onto Gay at his price point. That athleticism was a big deal at times.
He’s great for spying running QBs and didn’t seem like he wanted to leave KC. I have to agree.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up