ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 46
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
penguinz 08:18 AM 03-01-2024

BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
Jerm 10:13 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Exactly why asking for part ownership in a team that you could faceplant on is ridiculous, among other reasons.
Pretty sure that turned out to not be true...
[Reply]
stevieray 10:14 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Pretty sure that turned out to not be true...
That's good.

Thanks.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:15 AM 03-01-2024
I like that he isn't hiring an agent. That's actually smart if you are going to be a #1 pick. All draft picks are slotted anyway. Would want one after you sign your contract and future contracts but what is really the point to give 2% or whatever away on your rookie deal?
[Reply]
Jerm 10:16 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by stevieray:
That's good.

Thanks.
No problem...:-)
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 10:16 AM 03-01-2024
“I don’t see any problems with Caleb.” ~ John Manziel
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:16 AM 03-01-2024
Only Mahomes can be good according to CP
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:17 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I like that he isn't hiring an agent. That's actually smart if you are going to be a #1 pick. All draft picks are slotted anyway. Would want one after you sign your contract and future contracts but what is really the point to give 2% or whatever away on your rookie deal?
But if you don't pay a guy in the collective you have a network of connected people that will work 24/7 on destroying your brand.

Maybe that is the more expensive route seeing as how great QB's make so much endorsement $$$?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:21 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Dumbass defense-minded head coach with a revolving door of OCs. Chicago looks good on paper for all the reasons you mentioned, but it's far from perfect. He's probably going to be changing head coaches and offensive playbooks/systems some time in the next two seasons.

If I'm Williams I'm not going to refuse to go there, but it's not exactly a perfect fit. It's what he said -- he's gonna get drafted and have a chance to be a starting QB in the NFL. Doesn't matter if it's Chicago, Washington, or wherever.

I agree, but that’s the case with any team that earned a top 10 draft pick*

If I was an elite prospect, I think I’d rather go to Chicago than the WSH, NE, ARZ, TEN, NYG. Probably others I’m not going to look into too much.

*By the way, I misremembered earlier when I said they had another top 5 pick. They have the #9 pick.

Originally Posted by penguinz:
Maybe I am remembering wrong but I don;t recall Wilson acting like a weirdo until after he was having success in the NFL.

Like you said when you are winning you can get away with it.

Caleb has shown nothing in the NFL to get away with it.

Maybe he is the real deal and becomes a top 5 QB.

I don't see it.

Well he enjoyed pretty immediate success in the NFL, but regardless he was always weird.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:22 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
One of my buddies sent me a clip from an Outkick (I know) podcast. They were saying that Williams hasn't hired an NFLPA approved agent because during the interview process they were asking potential agents if they'd be willing to subvert the collective bargaining agreement by demanding the team break the rookie scale. I have no idea if that's true.

https://video.outkick.com/m/eoQ9wH6r...on-and-withrow
There’s a recent article on The Athletic that discusses all this stuff around him regarding ownership, etc, and it mentions that it entirely seems to be coming from his father who has micromanaged his entire career. I think it’s less a feeling that he “deserves” it and more an attempt to see if the envelope can be pushed.

I agree that all of the discussion comes off as doucey, but if you step back, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with his being iconoclastic and trying to break some of these stupid NFL norms. It obviously would benefit him - yes - but it would also set a precedent and benefit others down the line.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:22 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Only Mahomes can be good according to CP
That's not what is being said.

Did Mahomes act like a self-absorbed jackass as if he's already proven himself in the NFL and can make demands? No? Ok then, this is not even close to being the same thing.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:26 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
There’s a recent article on The Athletic that discusses all this stuff around him regarding ownership, etc, and it mentions that it entirely seems to be coming from his father who has micromanaged his entire career. I think it’s less a feeling that he “deserves” it and more an attempt to see if the envelope can be pushed.

I agree that all of the discussion comes off as doucey, but if you step back, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with his being iconoclastic and trying to break some of these stupid NFL norms. It obviously would benefit him - yes - but it would also set a precedent and benefit others down the line.
So his dad is LaVar Ball? Got it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:27 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
That's not what is being said.

Did Mahomes act like a self-absorbed jackass as if he's already proven himself in the NFL and can make demands? No? Ok then, this is not even close to being the same thing.
Mahomes bet on himself and won. Caleb is a good player perhaps he is a spoiled douche but he's going to be the #1 pick. Why not ask for the world?
[Reply]
Jerm 10:27 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
So his dad is LaVar Ball? Got it.

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:28 AM 03-01-2024
Who knows. Talent wise I see him as comparable to Kyler Murray who had some initial success but wasn't able to overcome the Arizona org.

And the coach was KK and now he might be coaching Caleb.

And Washington has been just as inept and lost as a franchise.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 10:30 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Basically just any QB lol

Josh Allen, Burrow, Hurts, Purdy, Dak, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, Lamar Jackson.. the list goes on.
fuck all those pieces of shit
[Reply]
Page 6 of 46
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up