ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 33
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Bowser 06:57 PM 04-03-2022
Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

[Reply]
007 07:10 PM 08-04-2023
Fucking episode had to have been written by David foster
[Reply]
modocsot 08:30 PM 08-04-2023
Lifelong Star Trek and sci-if fan with DS9 and BSG being my favorites. I purposefully pulled out the stick from up my butt prior to starting this episode. I admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the episode, and everyone clearly had fun with producing it. But my enjoyment was because of the removal of the stick.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:19 PM 08-04-2023
I laughed at the Klingon bit; I can't lie.

But yes -

[Reply]
Fish 11:09 PM 08-04-2023
Dumb waste of an episode.

[Reply]
Fish 11:15 PM 08-04-2023
When the Klingons busted out in dance, I almost turned it off.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:59 PM 08-04-2023
Wasn’t expecting to like it going in but I did quite a bit. Was much better executed than I figured it would be. I’m sure they wrote that episode in part to take advantage of Uhura’s actress’s singing ability (she has won a Grammy and was nominated for a Tony).

I also like that they’re willing to experiment with episodes like this and the Lower Decks crossover. The only issue with it is that they are very short 10 episode seasons and you run out of time for the more serious fare as a result. We need longer seasons of this show in the future.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:11 AM 08-05-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I thought the musical episode was next. I guess that's next week.

Expecting something musical and happy and silly made this one even darker, and boy, it was deeply ****ing dark. Lots of fighting and violence, but ground based. Again, very reminiscent of an old DS9 episode - the one where the crew was stranded with a ground unit fighting a protracted battle against the Jem'Hadar.

Excellent episode, though. The past three and next episode have been tense psychological thriller, comedy, today's PTSD rage fest, and up next, musical Star Trek!

They definitely like to change things up from week to week.

Still waiting for moar space battles.......
I thought the ending to last week’s episode was about as dark as Trek has ever gotten, at least since Sisko/Garak in “In the Pale Moonlight.” It was great.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:37 AM 08-05-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
When the Klingons busted out in dance, I almost turned it off.
I laughed. I admit it.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:38 AM 08-05-2023

[Reply]
listopencil 01:40 AM 08-05-2023
That is just so fucking ridiculous that it is approaching "so bad it's good" territory.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:41 AM 08-05-2023
I solved for Y and now I'm the X was one of the 'high' points as well.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:41 AM 08-05-2023

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:09 AM 08-05-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I laughed at the Klingon bit; I can't lie.

But yes -
The Klingon bit was the payoff for the rest of the episode. I don't believe I've ever seen anything funnier in SciFi.

The rest was a very mixed bag. Some of it was funny, some of it meh, and some just outright bad (anything with #1). Despite the fact that I detest musicals in general, I did enjoy Uhuru's bits despite myself.

I did enjoy the concept of the rift causing people to behave as they likely wish they could deep inside, but their insecurities prevent it.

Would have been a better episode had they utilized that great concept and actually wrote a real Star Trek episode instead of Star Trek Off Broadway.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:12 AM 08-05-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Wasn’t expecting to like it going in but I did quite a bit. Was much better executed than I figured it would be. I’m sure they wrote that episode in part to take advantage of Uhura’s actress’s singing ability (she has won a Grammy and was nominated for a Tony).

I also like that they’re willing to experiment with episodes like this and the Lower Decks crossover. The only issue with it is that they are very short 10 episode seasons and you run out of time for the more serious fare as a result. We need longer seasons of this show in the future.
Streaming seasons only being 8-12 episodes long in general is a huge problem for story telling. Things often feel rushed. Even with hour long episodes, 8 episodes isn't a lot of screen time.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:53 AM 08-05-2023
Fun episode because it looked like the cast had a great time making it.

Only thing funnier than Bruce Horak singing Klingon glitchpop is Pike's ever increasing exasperation.

Man knows he's going to be vegetablized saving some dipshit kids in the future, and what does he have to deal with? Two dipshit kids from the far future potentially contaminating the timeline. And then once that's resolved, his ship accidentally unleashes a fucking "make everyone sing their innermost feelings" anomaly on a quarter of the galaxy?

Someone buy that man a fucking drink
[Reply]
Page 19 of 33
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up