ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 172
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How a pair of attention whores destroyed any ounce of credibility they ever had
Hammock Parties 08:55 PM 02-16-2022
Enjoy. And fuck EB.

How a season-long rift between Mahomes and Bieniemy ruined the AFC Championship
[Reply]
DaFace 07:27 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Absolutely. Especially if EB is let go…. This thread will have a lifetime of great posts in it.

The meltdown will be historic. It will be popcorn worthy.
I don't think anyone would be surprised if we let him walk. In fact, I'd imagine most of us are expecting it.

That wouldn't change the fact the "piece of material" was nothing but rumor and shit thrown at the wall.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:30 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Their beans are legendary.
Absolutely. I wish Joe's had their beans.

I'll never decide between Jack's beans and the cheesy corn. Both, every time.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:32 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't think anyone would be surprised if we let him walk. In fact, I'd imagine most of us are expecting it.

That wouldn't change the fact the "piece of material" was nothing but rumor and shit thrown at the wall.
An OC who isn't under contract doesn't come back after a complete offensive failure in the playoffs?!

ERMERGERD CLAY WAS RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!!
[Reply]
Bowser 07:32 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Bugeater?!
Give him a sec to log in

[Reply]
Reerun_KC 07:33 PM 02-22-2022
An OC who isn't under contract doesn't come back after a complete offensive failure in the playoffs?!

ERMERGERD CLAY WAS RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!!
Don’t forget the gnashing of teeth.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:33 PM 02-22-2022
I don't remember the last time I went to Gates, but nothing against them at all.... I'm always close to Joe's and Jack Stack when I go back and can't really beat Joe's shipping of the Z-Man kits.
They’re definitely an hours of operation pick for me whenever I’m back. I don’t believe KCK Joe’s is open on Sunday’s. I’ll have to try their shipping option sometime.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:39 PM 02-22-2022

The cheesy corn is indeed amazing however, I tend to be a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to BBQ, and that just isn’t a traditional side. It’s always beans and potato salad, or occasionally slaw instead of the potatoes, depending on the type of slaw because I’m particular about that.

Now at Slap’s here in KCK they decided not to go traditional with the potato salad option, they have a warm cheesy potato bake and, :-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:50 PM 02-22-2022
We can move this to the Romper Room or talk about our favorite Jack Stack sides.
Beans.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:50 PM 02-22-2022
Another high point of Jack’s Stack is their lamb ribs (assuming they still have them, I haven’t been in some time). I always make it a part of my rib combo plate.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:52 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
My biggest beef with Gates, at least the one on Linwood and Main, is that they no longer sell brisket by the pound. Major disappointment.
Zardas sells brisket by the pound and I actually like their thinly sliced beef and original BBQ sauce quite well.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:01 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
They’re definitely an hours of operation pick for me whenever I’m back. I don’t believe KCK Joe’s is open on Sunday’s. I’ll have to try their shipping option sometime.
Last time I compared prices, the meat seemed to be comparable, but Joe's extras pushes it over the top for me.

I shipped a pound of brisket and a couple sides from Jack Stack, and partially my mistake for only getting a pound, but it just looked so.... sad.

The Z-Man kits are about the same price, but with the 2 pounds of brisket you get the buns, onion rings, cheese, BBQ sauce, and they throw in fry seasoning with everything... not a ton of value for all those things of course, but nice to add on for how much more you're paying to ship.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:04 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
The cheesy corn is indeed amazing however, I tend to be a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to BBQ, and that just isn’t a traditional side. It’s always beans and potato salad, or occasionally slaw instead of the potatoes, depending on the type of slaw because I’m particular about that.

Now at Slap’s here in KCK they decided not to go traditional with the potato salad option, they have a warm cheesy potato bake and, :-)
Nice, I think Jack Stack has that, too? Potato salad is hard to pass up. Joe's started doing mac & cheese as a side, which makes up for their beans a little.

Never been to Slap's... when I think downtown KCK, I think Stab, which probably wouldn't be a great name for a BBQ joint. Stabby's, maybe?
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:06 PM 02-22-2022

I wonder if Joe's CEO or Gates CEO read Chiefs Planet for feedback of everything Bbq?
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:11 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:

They’d be wrong because they said he could come back. Or not. Or take a year off. Or eat at Chilis. Or be the Zodiac killer.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:13 PM 02-22-2022
Nice, I think Jack Stack has that, too? Potato salad is hard to pass up. Joe's started doing mac & cheese as a side, which makes up for their beans a little.

Never been to Slap's... when I think downtown KCK, I think Stab, which probably wouldn't be a great name for a BBQ joint. Stabby's, maybe?
Stab likely isn’t a good name for anything in this area, though probably appropriate. Shooter’s would likely be more appropriate.

I just don’t get Joe’s and their beans. I mean, they aren’t bad but, they certainly aren’t bbq beans. How a place that does almost everything so well can go so far off the reservation on one of the staples of the industry befuddles me.
[Reply]
Page 113 of 172
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163 > Last »
Up