ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3716 of 3903
« First < 2716321636163666370637123713371437153716 3717371837193720372637663816 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 11:28 AM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I've yet to really read anything that wasn't potentially a fraudulent study that shows much positive effect for Ivermectin. I'm not sure where this is all coming from.
I honestly don't understand it either and wish someone would explain it to me like I am five. We all wish, including myself, that there was a cheap single pill solution for covid but we have a free solution for it with the vaccine.

Yes hcq or Ivermectin have been around for a long time but they are experimental for covid so not sure I understand why taking those are acceptable but not the vaccines.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:30 AM 09-08-2021
We could be hearing more soon:

https://apple.news/Axf2CjnPZTWe3aNCKdKPhPg
[Reply]
Nirvana58 11:33 AM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I honestly don't understand it either and wish someone would explain it to me like I am five. We all wish, including myself, that there was a cheap single pill solution for covid but we have a free solution for it with the vaccine.

Yes hcq or Ivermectin have been around for a long time but they are experimental for covid so not sure I understand why taking those are acceptable but not the vaccines.
It is probably the fact that it can be a treatment. If you don't catch covid you don't need to take it. Why put drugs in your body if you don't need them type of thing. Kind of crazy that 18 or so months in to Covid we still don't have a standard protocol to treat covid once infected.

Also we know the effect of those drugs long term. You don't know the effect of this new vaccine on you long term. It is an entirely new method that has never been used before.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:47 AM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
It is probably the fact that it can be a treatment. If you don't catch covid you don't need to take it. Why put drugs in your body if you don't need them type of thing. Kind of crazy that 18 or so months in to Covid we still don't have a standard protocol to treat covid once infected.

Also we know the effect of those drugs long term. You don't know the effect of this new vaccine on you long term. It is an entirely new method that has never been used before.
I get that somewhat but for those drugs we don't know the short term or long-term effects of it in combination with Covid. So we are all taking chances because no one knows the long-term effects of covid, vaccines or any other drug used against it.

BTW Pfizer and Merck are coming out with a pill here soon it sounds like

Originally Posted by :
Sept 1 (Reuters) - Pfizer Inc (PFE.N) and Merck & Co Inc (MRK.N) announced on Wednesday new trials of their experimental oral antiviral drugs for COVID-19 as the race to develop an easy-to-administer treatment for the potentially fatal illness heats up.

Pfizer said its latest mid-to-late-stage trial will enroll 1,140 non-hospitalized adults diagnosed with coronavirus infection who are not at risk of severe illness. Patients in the trial will be given Pfizer's pill, known as PF-07321332, and a low dose of ritonavir, an older medication widely used in combination treatments for HIV infection.

Pfizer's drug is designed to block the activity of a key enzyme that is needed for the coronavirus to multiply.

Merck said its new trial will study experimental drug molnupiravir for the prevention of COVID-19 among adults in the same household as someone diagnosed with symptomatic coronavirus infection. Merck and partner Ridgeback Biotherapeutics are already conducting a late-stage trial of the treatment in non-hospitalized patients to see if it reduces the risk of hospitalization or death.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:54 AM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I've yet to really read anything that wasn't potentially a fraudulent study that shows much positive effect for Ivermectin. I'm not sure where this is all coming from.
This study seems to indicate Ivermectin can cause sterility.

https://www.scholarsresearchlibrary....s-patients.pdf
[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:07 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I get that somewhat but for those drugs we don't know the short term or long-term effects of it in combination with Covid. So we are all taking chances because no one knows the long-term effects of covid, vaccines or any other drug used against it.

BTW Pfizer and Merck are coming out with a pill here soon it sounds like
With how long these drugs have been used for multiple illnesses. That is like saying we don't know the effect of Tylenol in combination with covid. Yes there is a risk with any drug but some have a very long track record with tons of research.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:09 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I think the mane reason is to buck the vaccination push by the CDC.
:-)
[Reply]
TLO 12:09 PM 09-08-2021

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:12 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Please tell me the long term studies that have been done on the new vaccines. :-)
[Reply]
TLO 12:16 PM 09-08-2021
Please tell me the long term studies that have been done on the new vaccines. :-)
We have like 14 months of data on people who have gotten the mRNA vaccines. In the history of vaccines, there has never been a significant safety signal that has appeared beyond like 4 or 8 weeks of vaccination. What exactly are you concerned about?
[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:19 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
We have like 14 months of data on people who have gotten the mRNA vaccines. In the history of vaccines, there has never been a significant safety signal that has appeared beyond like 4 or 8 weeks of vaccination. What exactly are you concerned about?
How many of those vaccines used mrna technology? We are in uncharted territory. So to make that claim based on past vaccines is very disingenuous.
[Reply]
Fish 12:23 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
We could be hearing more soon:

https://apple.news/Axf2CjnPZTWe3aNCKdKPhPg
Yup...

Originally Posted by :
Ivermectin had some promising early results against the virus in petri dishes and in smaller and observational studies, but it still hasn’t aced a trial. Of two apparent large-scale confirmations of its effects, one (a preprint from researchers in Egypt) got retracted over concerns about plagiarism and fake data. Scientists and journalists at BuzzFeed have found irregularities in the data from another. A separate, positive review of all the data on ivermectin was rejected from a journal after provisional acceptance for concerns about research integrity and conflicts of interest, while a strict meta-analysis of all the randomized, controlled trials of ivermectin against Covid found no positive effect for the drug. The FDA says people shouldn’t take it. The American Medical Association and two pharmacist associations have issued a statement recommending that none of their members prescribe ivermectin for Covid-19 outside of a clinical trial.

[Reply]
Rain Man 12:23 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
This study seems to indicate Ivermectin can cause sterility.

https://www.scholarsresearchlibrary....s-patients.pdf
Darwinism is often immediate, but sometimes very patient.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:25 PM 09-08-2021

If your bar for taking a drug is that "I don't think it will hurt," there are literally thousands of them out there you could try. Almost none of them will make any difference, but hey, it doesn't hurt, right?

It doesn't make sense that one of hundreds being studied is suddenly in such high demand that people are going out of their way to get it without even consulting their doctor about it.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:26 PM 09-08-2021
How many of those vaccines used mrna technology? We are in uncharted territory. So to make that claim based on past vaccines is very disingenuous.
I'll keep trying to combat the misperception that vaccines aren't safe in the long-term. We have literally never in the history of mankind had any vaccine that had side effects that didn't show up at first and did down the road. Ever. This is not debatable, and anyone who claims otherwise is wrong.

Worried about mRNA? You shouldn't be, but the J&J vaccine uses the tried and true method. It's less effective, but if you want an approach that seems less novel, there it is. Fears over "new technology" aren't a reasonable excuse to avoid getting vaccinated.
[Reply]
Page 3716 of 3903
« First < 2716321636163666370637123713371437153716 3717371837193720372637663816 > Last »
Up