« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
listopencil 01:48 PM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
GALADRIEL SO FINE IN HER ARMOR
I looked through the episode to see what you were talking about. Yep. The five minutes of walking around with one sentence of dialogue at the end really sums up the show nicely.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:54 PM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I looked through the episode to see what you were talking about. Yep. The five minutes of walking around with one sentence of dialogue at the end really sums up the show nicely.
we already know how all of this ends

it's just gorgeous to look at and enjoy

it's beautiful...just beautiful...i feel like i'm getting a blowjob from middle earth every time i watch
[Reply]
listopencil 02:01 PM 09-24-2022
we already know how all of this ends

it's just gorgeous to look at and enjoy

it's beautiful...just beautiful...i feel like i'm getting a blowjob from middle earth every time i watch
Oh, sure. It looks great. But every single episode is: Oh...man...something's about to happen...we really mean it...something's about to...hey, look at this tree!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:13 PM 09-24-2022
Oh, sure. It looks great. But every single episode is: Oh...man...something's about to happen...we really mean it...something's about to...hey, look at this tree!
come on man

those orcs are coming!

they blew up a boat!
[Reply]
listopencil 02:16 PM 09-24-2022
come on man

those orcs are coming!

they blew up a boat!
I'm rooting for the elves to die now.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:16 PM 09-24-2022
Sauron did nothing wrong.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:00 PM 09-24-2022
if this doesn't make you horny for this show what will!!!!!!

Elendil e Isildur en The Fellowship of the Ring y The Rings of Power.#TheRingsOfPower #RingsOfPower #LosAnillosDePoder #LOTR #ESDLA pic.twitter.com/mu18gi6PTm

— Rincón⚡Friki (@RinconFriki_ok) September 23, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:01 PM 09-24-2022
we've never seen a better on-screen rendering of poncy git elves being poncy as fuck as we do now
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:31 PM 09-26-2022
Lots of people seem to hate this show so I was kinda late to it.

Just started watching it last night - I don't understand the hate for it. I wonder if you just have to be really interested in the mythology of the series to find it interesting?

I guess if you're not interested in stuff like The Silmarillion, this wouldn't have as much appeal to you. But I really enjoy it so far - hell, I wish they wouldn't have hand-waived The First Age as much as they did. The history of the Ainur and stuff like that is kinda fascinating to me and it seems like you could do a single season that really handles some of the more heavy handed theological underpinnings of Tolkien's universe.

But if you're into the universe building aspect of Tolkien's stuff, this is aces.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:36 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Just started watching it last night - I don't understand the hate for it. I wonder if you just have to be really interested in the mythology of the series to find it interesting?

I guess if you're not interested in stuff like The Silmarillion, this wouldn't have as much appeal to you. But I really enjoy it so far - hell, I wish they wouldn't have hand-waived The First Age as much as they did. The history of the Ainur and stuff like that is kinda fascinating to me and it seems like you could do a single season that really handles some of the more heavy handed theological underpinnings of Tolkien's universe.

But if you're into the universe building aspect of Tolkien's stuff, this is aces.
I can't speak for everybody else, but it's a beautiful show. I will continue watching, because there are some aspects that I like.

I just think the writing, acting, characters, etc. are pretty much shit so far.

I mean, we're 5 episodes into a 8 episode first season, and virtually nothing has happened yet. It's just been boring, and that's coming from somebody who loves Tolkein's universe. I don't find myself caring about any of the characters yet.

I also don't think it helps that it's going on at the same time as HOTD, which is just a much better show overall. You can't help but compare the two.

It's like eating at a 5 star restaurant, then trying to turn around and eat some nice looking fast food. You can't help but notice the huge difference in quality, even if it looks good.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:24 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Originally Posted by staylor26:
I can't speak for everybody else, but it's a beautiful show. I will continue watching, because there are some aspects that I like.

I mean, we're 5 episodes into a 8 episode first season, and virtually nothing has happened yet. It's just been boring, and that's coming from somebody who loves Tolkein's universe. I don't find myself caring about any of the characters yet.

I also don't think it helps that it's going on at the same time as HOTD, which is just a much better show overall. You can't help but compare the two.

It's like eating at a 5 star restaurant, then trying to turn around and eat some nice looking fast food. You can't help but notice the huge difference in quality, even if it looks good.
For fuck's sake, guys:

The Rings of Power – Episode V: Morgoth Smiles at His Children’s Fingerpainting
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:33 PM 09-26-2022

This is pretty much where I'm at with this. I like watching it and you can see how much time and effort they put into making it look good, but the show itself could and should be much better than this.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:52 PM 09-26-2022
But they don't.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:13 PM 09-26-2022

So far I've preferred the ROP over HOTD. And yes, I am aware I'm in the minority there.

I'm only 3 episodes into ROP so maybe the 'slow burn' will get to more the longer it goes forward. But to this pont I've just enjoyed the universe more.

But I simply prefer the source material for ROP over HOTD so that probably has a lot to do with it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:24 PM 09-26-2022
Okay, so I have a theory here.

People have gotten used to the LOTR series being in movie form (not so with the ASOIF series). So they have an expectation that this would have similar pacing to the movies.

But that's not what this is - it's a series. They can't run at breakneck pace.

I honestly don't think this is any slower than HOTD, it's just that expectations are different.

Oh...and this has Harfoot shit which is admittedly pretty lame. I can live without most of that. But let's also be real here - the Dany plot in GOTs was boring as hell 9 times out of 10 in its own right. The wall could be boring. Most of season 1 was of similar pacing to this season of ROP.

I dunno - I just don't understand the pacing complaints. It isn't any different than I expected from a series that is likely to be years long.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 44
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up