ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 36
« First < 243031323334 3536 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeesh - Alec Baldwin just plopped into a world of hurt
Baby Lee 09:02 PM 10-21-2021
Breaking - details forthcoming

Discharged a 'prop' weapon that resulted in a death and another severe injury.

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...c47b69ce5.html
[Reply]
Frazod 04:19 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just watched the Godfather and you're absolutely right - when he shoots Sollozzo the gun doesn't really recoil naturally and there's no muzzle flash. That's a prop gun that they don't even fire, whoever's holding it just fakes a recoil and someone fires off the squib (the gunshot sound is dubbed over it).

And they do some really fast cuts between Michael pulling the trigger and McClosky getting hit.

Kinda gets back to what we were talking about earlier - I've seen both of those movies dozens of times and never made that connection. There's just no to have to fire a blank directly at someone. Cameramen have been puling this slight of hand for decades and we simply don't catch it.

EDIT: Correct my vision here if you want, the gun that fires the blanks in both shots at McClusky is black but when Michael and McClusky are both in the frame at the same time, the gun he's pointing at him is nickel plated. May be a light trick, but it also may just be a completely different prop used for safety when it's actually being pointed at the actor.

Holy shit, I think you're right.

Oh, that sneaky Coppola. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:21 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'll wreck another Godfather scene for you - in the tollbooth scene, none of the Thompsons are ever actually shown firing while aimed at James Caan. There is one shot where a guy is firing and Caan is in the shot, but if you look closely you can tell the gun is actually aimed at a point beside him. I've probably watched that scene a hundred times and never noticed that before.
Ha!

'A point beside him' is being generous. He's pretty much aiming at the front wheel. Wow.

Between that and the phantom punch - c'mon Francis, get your shit together.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:23 PM 10-26-2021
God help me, this is going to REALLY fuck up John Wick for me.

How many of those second kill shots to the dome won't have muzzle flashes and will just be Keanu jerking his hand w/ blood spray shooting out the back of the baddy's head?
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:04 PM 10-26-2021
God help me, this is going to REALLY **** up John Wick for me.

How many of those second kill shots to the dome won't have muzzle flashes and will just be Keanu jerking his hand w/ blood spray shooting out the back of the baddy's head?
Not sure but Keanu spent a shit ton of time training and learning to shoot real guns before doing those movies. From what I understand he got really really good with a handgun. Like expert level marksman.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:51 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Not sure but Keanu spent a shit ton of time training and learning to shoot real guns before doing those movies. From what I understand he got really really good with a handgun. Like expert level marksman.
Lots of videos available of Keanu training with real guns for the the John Wick movies. And yes, he's pretty damn good with them
[Reply]
Frazod 09:16 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Lots of videos available of Keanu training with real guns for the the John Wick movies. And yes, he's pretty damn good with them
Reeves was trained by a guy named Taran Butler, who is one of the best shooters/shooting instructors in the country. I know and have shot with people who know him and are skilled at his level. Some of them can do shit with a gun that you wouldn't believe if you saw it in a movie. I'm an excellent shot, and these fuckers make me look like cub scout with a BB gun.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 05:01 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Reeves was trained by a guy named Taran Butler, who is one of the best shooters/shooting instructors in the country. I know and have shot with people who know him and are skilled at his level. Some of them can do shit with a gun that you wouldn't believe if you saw it in a movie. I'm an excellent shot, and these ****ers make me look like cub scout with a BB gun.
One of my coworkers shoots competitively and he has high praise for the trainer as well. The guy primarily trains folks for "3-gun" competition using a sporting rifle on an AR platform, pistol and shotgun.
In some of the videos you can see Halle Berry training as well for her role in John Wick - Parabellum
[Reply]
srvy 06:04 AM 10-27-2021
In case we didn't know per wiki

A gunsmith is a person who repairs, modifies, designs, or builds guns. The occupation differs from an armorer, who usually replaces only worn parts in standard firearms. ... Gunsmiths perform factory-level repairs and renovations to restore a well-used or deteriorated firearms to new condition.

As far as becoming an armorer in the film industry is very vague and varies greatly vs LEO or military which requires certification vs apprenticeship.

To me, this should change developed a standard and require license and certification.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:15 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
In case we didn't know per wiki

A gunsmith is a person who repairs, modifies, designs, or builds guns. The occupation differs from an armorer, who usually replaces only worn parts in standard firearms. ... Gunsmiths perform factory-level repairs and renovations to restore a well-used or deteriorated firearms to new condition.

As far as becoming an armorer in the film industry is very vague and varies greatly vs LEO or military which requires certification vs apprenticeship.

To me, this should change developed a standard and require license and certification.
I'm sure on this set all it would require is to be woke enough
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:32 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I'm sure on this set all it would require is to be woke enough
Doesn’t sound like it. Sounds like the sole decision criteria is cost.
[Reply]
srvy 06:50 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Doesn’t sound like it. Sounds like the sole decision criteria is cost.
this is the biggest problem as I see it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:54 PM 10-27-2021
So now the story is that she left the guns on a cart next to the scene rather than locked up 'for COVID related reasons...'

So chalk up another COVID death, I guess.

Is 'because of COVID' going to be the new 'he made racist remarks' or 'i have an addition'? Just a get out of jail free card you throw in as justification for any kind of stupid behavior?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:01 PM 10-27-2021
So now the story is that she left the guns on a cart next to the scene rather than locked up 'for COVID related reasons...'

via GIPHY

[Reply]
DaFace 01:03 PM 10-27-2021
That being said, do you have a link for that? I'm not finding much out there about it and can't really comprehend how COVID would be related. Everything I'm finding in terms of new news today is all about how the armorer didn't know WTF she was doing and was a complete idiot.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:06 PM 10-27-2021

So chalk up another COVID death, I guess.

Is 'because of COVID' going to be the new 'he made racist remarks' or 'i have an addition'? Just a get out of jail free card you throw in as justification for any kind of stupid behavior?
I nailed this 5 days ago.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=15906958
[Reply]
Page 34 of 36
« First < 243031323334 3536 >
Up