ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 36
« First < 222829303132 33343536 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeesh - Alec Baldwin just plopped into a world of hurt
Baby Lee 09:02 PM 10-21-2021
Breaking - details forthcoming

Discharged a 'prop' weapon that resulted in a death and another severe injury.

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...c47b69ce5.html
[Reply]
jdubya 11:21 AM 10-26-2021
Hollywood and high IQ doesn't go hand in hand......what a disaster
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:43 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The guy who’s in charge of the prop gun is about to get ****ed.
Well turns out its actually a woman which may explain a lot.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:46 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Wow, it keeps getting more and more inexplicable.

Dude that handed Baldwin the gun got fired from his last film for, what’s that you say? A firearm mistakenly discharging and causing injury? Wow. You’d think that would be a career ender. Or at least a moment for real reflection about job duties. NOPE. let’s take the gun plinking.

https://people.com/movies/asst-direc...a2610001afb8da
Wow this shit just keeps getting even more ridiculous with the overall level of incompetence.
[Reply]
splatbass 11:48 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I have no idea how that would work. A blank is just a cartridge without a bullet. I guess you could shorten up the chamber on a pistol so it wouldn't feed a regular bullet (wouldn't work on a revolver), or alter the caliber to something not commercially available and then make your own blanks. Both would be harder and more expensive than simply not being an idiot with firearms.

I've seen shows where the pistols are used that are obviously fake, because they fire a round but the slide doesn't move. I guess it's not that big of a deal, but I notice it immediately.
The firearms expert the police brought in said that movie prop guns are modified so a cartridge with a bullet can't be loaded. He didn't say how. I posted a link earlier in the thread of him talking about it.
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:48 AM 10-26-2021
I'm not sure who will end up taking the fall, the armorer or the AD who apparently handed Baldwin the gun and said "cold gun".
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:52 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I'm not sure who will end up taking the fall, the armorer or the AD who apparently handed Baldwin the gun and said "cold gun".
I suspect they’re both pretty fucked but things tend to be leaning towards the AD given his experience and the fact that he’s considered the last line of defense.

And frankly, he’s a redneck looking white dude with a spotty history who doesn’t seem terrible likeable.

She’ll never work again but I feel like he’s spending time in the pokey.
[Reply]
splatbass 11:55 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I posted earlier that it seems he could have some sort of punishment for negligence or something depending on how much influence he had on the production complaint issues and brining in less qualified people. But I don’t really know that, just seems possible.
I think that depends on what his duties, if any, as Executive Producer are. Sometimes actors are given that title as an enticement to take the part and have little, if any, duties associated with it from what I understand. He may not have had any involvement with the business side of the film. Or maybe he did. That will all come out.
[Reply]
jdubya 12:04 PM 10-26-2021
Who has the deepest pockets? Who is running the whole show? Isnt that who OSHA typically goes after?
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:04 PM 10-26-2021
Apologies if this has been covered but was the entire gun loaded with live ammo, or a combo of dummy ammo with 1 live round, or empty except one live round?

Seems there could be a bit of unfortunate luck that the live round was the one queued up unless he pulled the trigger a time or two before while practicing his draw. Has foul play been completely ruled out?
[Reply]
penguinz 12:11 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Well turns out its actually a woman which may explain a lot.
You think this is a funny comment but it just lets everyone know that your and idiot.
[Reply]
underEJ 12:15 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by splatbass:
I think that depends on what his duties, if any, as Executive Producer are. Sometimes actors are given that title as an enticement to take the part and have little, if any, duties associated with it from what I understand. He may not have had any involvement with the business side of the film. Or maybe he did. That will all come out.
This varies wildly. He may get a producer credit because his name got financing approved, or he may have dealt with the preliminary deals and preproduction planning and then moved to focus on his acting. Actors can have varying roles all the way to really being an involved producer all the way through. His responsibility will be revealed if it exists.

However, acting is an intense and focused craft and starts well before the camera rolls for a take. I would never expect an actor preparing for a scene with a gun that is likely to have heightened emotions or adrenaline to also have clarity to check a weapon for safety. That is precisely why the armorer is there, and most industry armorers are diligent serious professionals. She is fucked.

Many others may also be fucked after the investigation clarifies other breakdowns of safely protocols, but for sure, she is fucked.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:02 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Apologies if this has been covered but was the entire gun loaded with live ammo, or a combo of dummy ammo with 1 live round, or empty except one live round?

Seems there could be a bit of unfortunate luck that the live round was the one queued up unless he pulled the trigger a time or two before while practicing his draw. Has foul play been completely ruled out?
I don't think we've heard for sure. I believe that it came out that there were a few guns on a table. The AD grabbed the gun in question, said "cold gun," and handed it to Baldwin for the scene. The details beyond that have yet to be reported, so all we can do is come up with a hypothesis about what happened:

- The crew went out and used the guns to play around with target practice. This is probably a failure on the entire operation for allowing this to happen at all with guns that were going to be used for the film.
- They (presumably) unloaded the guns and put them on the prop table, but at least one round didn't get unloaded. This is probably a failure on the armorer for not quadruple checking that all of the guns were properly unloaded.
- The AD grabbed the gun in question and didn't actually check it before declaring it cold and handing it over. This is an abysmal failure as the last line of defense. Maybe he just looked at the round from the rear and couldn't tell the difference, but regardless I have no idea how anyone could ever say "cold gun" without being absolutely, 100% sure that the gun was indeed cold.

At least that's how it seems like it probably went down to me.
[Reply]
jdubya 02:06 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't think we've heard for sure. I believe that it came out that there were a few guns on a table. The AD grabbed the gun in question, said "cold gun," and handed it to Baldwin for the scene. The details beyond that have yet to be reported, so all we can do is come up with a hypothesis about what happened:

- The crew went out and used the guns to play around with target practice. This is probably a failure on the entire operation for allowing this to happen at all with guns that were going to be used for the film.
- They (presumably) unloaded the guns and put them on the prop table, but at least one round didn't get unloaded. This is probably a failure on the armorer for not quadruple checking that all of the guns were properly unloaded.
- The AD grabbed the gun in question and didn't actually check it before declaring it cold and handing it over. This is an abysmal failure as the last line of defense. Maybe he just looked at the round from the rear and couldn't tell the difference, but regardless I have no idea how anyone could ever say "cold gun" without being absolutely, 100% sure that the gun was indeed cold.

At least that's how it seems like it probably went down to me.
And lastly if I am the actor, I open the action and declare the weapon safe for myself.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:09 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
And lastly if I am the actor, I open the action and declare the weapon safe for myself.
I still maintain that no one should EXPECT an actor to do so, but I don't at all disagree that best practice would be for the actor to check it themselves, especially if the crew was out shooting live rounds earlier that day.
[Reply]
jdubya 02:22 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I still maintain that no one should EXPECT an actor to do so, but I don't at all disagree that best practice would be for the actor to check it themselves, especially if the crew was out shooting live rounds earlier that day.
I have zero experience with movie sets but the most basic of firearm safety is one should consider every firearm is loaded until you see otherwise. But I agree that nobody would EXPECT Baldwin to have that much common sense.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 36
« First < 222829303132 33343536 >
Up