ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>DJ on 810
InChiefsHeaven 09:54 AM 01-18-2019
He'll be at the game. 13 years on the team, and I think he's being good about how happy he is for this team...but it's gotta be killing him that he won't be suited up...He said he'll be coaching the defense from his seat, though he's sure it'll be too loud to make a difference.

I really love this guy. I couldn't hear the whole thing as I'm at work, but I admit, I feel kinda bad for DJ. Friggin' warrior for this team, and I hope if we win that they let him down on the field, because he's a true Chief.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:16 AM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Father Time caught up with him.
He was part. If the 32 Defense, actually the leader of the 32 defense. Just not interested in holding on to the past when we have buried the curse of Marty and are starting a new NFL level era of chiefs football.

Thanks for the few memories. But it’s all about the future now.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:21 AM 01-18-2019
He's probably now kicking himself for turning the coaching job down, but I hope he'l be here in some capacity next year. As far as him feeling like he could still play...that's probably not uncommon for guys like him who love the game and just don't know when to quit. I'm sure he's been taught a lesson. He could have been here as a coach...hopefully he'll be here next year in some capacity.
[Reply]
bobbything 10:21 AM 01-18-2019
He's been on some really good teams and some reeeeaaaalllly bad teams too. Suffered through 5 head coaches, countless defensive coordinators, and one mediocre-to-horrible QB after another.

If any player deserved the Johnny Gomes treatment, it's DJ. Seriously, cut Zombo and have DJ stand on the sideline.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:26 AM 01-18-2019
Hopefully he signs on to be an assistant coach next year.
[Reply]
Brooklyn 10:29 AM 01-18-2019
he really should have taken the coaching job. not only did he miss out on this experience, he now has Raiders stink on him. Still love DJ and I'm sure he'll be back with the franchise soon, but why even have that tarnish on your name?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:30 AM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
He's been on some really good teams and some reeeeaaaalllly bad teams too. Suffered through 5 head coaches, countless defensive coordinators, and one mediocre-to-horrible QB after another.

If any player deserved the Johnny Gomes treatment, it's DJ. Seriously, cut Zombo and have DJ stand on the sideline.
Can DJ contribute on special teams in anyway at all. Cause Zombo does....
[Reply]
bigjosh 10:30 AM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
He should be the one banging the drum.:-)

Fuck that. He wore a raiders uniform this season. He can EABOD until next year.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:31 AM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
**** that. He wore a raiders uniform this season. He can EABOD until next year.
My man. We stated.
[Reply]
scho63 10:33 AM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Yeah I feel bad for DJ as well... he just missed out on being a part of the Mahomes era.

Considering some of the shitty QB's he had to play with in KC that is too bad.
This for sure - DJ is easily in my Top Ten all time favorite Chiefs. Guy was a class act on and off the field and a great player.

I still really hope he becomes a LB coach for the Chiefs with Eric Berry being a DB coach next year AFTER we win the Super Bowl! :-)
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:36 AM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:

Put O'Daniel on IR if he's not coming back and then re-sign DJ. Imagine that meeting room when DJ walks through the door to take a seat with the rest of the team.
[Reply]
FAX 10:36 AM 01-18-2019
Forward progress. End of the line.

Then he became a freaking Raider.

Life is weird.

FAX
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:37 AM 01-18-2019
It is truly unfortunate that he isn't in his prime today. Can you imagine a Prime DJ in todays game? Christ, we've played what, 1 power team all year? He'd be so good in the league today.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:37 AM 01-18-2019
At this point why not hire him as a consultant and let him coach for real????
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:40 AM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
At this point why not hire him as a consultant and let him coach for real????
1. We offered it to him and he turned it down.
2. It's fucking pointless now. He isn't helping out shit this late in the season.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:43 AM 01-18-2019
We already have one vagabond on the team. We don’t need anymore charity cases.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up