ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>You're the DC...How Do You Stop The Bradys?
petegz28 08:55 PM 01-17-2019
So what's your arm chair call on stopping the Pats offense?

I put Sorenson on White whenever he is in.
Play 8-9 in the box
Flood the 5-15 yard zones
Make Brady have to throw deep

In other words, I think you play Brady like you would Alex Smith.....ironic, I know
[Reply]
Ken Bone 09:30 PM 01-17-2019
Is petegz28 Bob Sutton?

If so this thread makes perfect sense.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:33 PM 01-17-2019
I mean, I think we should arrest him for having sex with his own kids. That would certainly stop him.
[Reply]
kcclone 09:34 PM 01-17-2019
Force them to throw by stopping the run. If we can get then into 3rd & long, our pass rushers will do the rest.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:39 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I mean, I think we should arrest him for having sex with his own kids. That would certainly stop him.
Dude, are you a fucking cop? Cuz if so you have to tell me
[Reply]
DrRyan 09:47 PM 01-17-2019
I agree with the vast majority of what has already been said. Stopping the run and RBs in the passing game is priority 1. Press the WRs at or near the LOS. Make Brady beat you throwing the ball 15+ yards down the field.

I'd really love to see Speaks reconcile letting Brady go in Foxboro by burying him if the opportunity arises too... Ford, Houston and Jones likely take care of that if they put them in third and long.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:49 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Ken Bone:
I would play man to man, double Edelman, if DOD is healthy put him on White, put Berry on Gronk. Blitz Brady and force him to beat us with his arm.
Definitely man to man. Mix it up on longer downs.
[Reply]
Ken Bone 09:50 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
I agree with the vast majority of what has already been said. Stopping the run and RBs in the passing game is priority 1. Press the WRs at or near the LOS. Make Brady beat you throwing the ball 15+ yards down the field.

I'd really love to see Speaks reconcile letting Brady go in Foxboro by burying him if the opportunity arises too... Ford, Houston and Jones likely take care of that if they put them in third and long.
That game is playing on NFL Network rn. They just showed that Speaks play about 5 min ago. We’re a much better team now than we were in that game.
[Reply]
DrRyan 09:56 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Ken Bone:
That game is playing on NFL Network rn. They just showed that Speaks play about 5 min ago. We’re a much better team now than we were in that game.
Agreed. Was just watching it with my son. One or two big shots early will drastically change Brady in the pocket. Saw it happen in 04 or 05 I think at Arrowhead.
[Reply]
CrookedTrump 09:59 PM 01-17-2019
As a Patriots fan it is well known how to get to Brady, pressure up the middle without blitzing. If you can do that you will have a very good chance of beating the Patriots. None of they other stuff matters....the problem is the Pats do have as good of an O--line they've had in years. Ingram and Bosa never layed a finger on Brady last week. Clowney and Watt didn't do much earlier in the year, infact Watt had never sacked Brady until a half sack this year. Outside rushers aren't a big problem for him, it's up the middle, up the middle, up the middle......do Cheifs generally produce a lot of pressure from the middle or is it mostly from the outside?
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:02 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by CrookedTrump:
As a Patriots fan it is well known how to get to Brady, pressure up the middle without blitzing. If you can do that you will have a very good chance of beating the Patriots. None of they other stuff matters....the problem is the Pats do have as good of an O--line they've had in years. Ingram and Bosa never layed a finger on Brady last week. Clowney and Watt didn't do much earlier in the year, infact Watt had never sacked Brady until a half sack this year. Outside rushers aren't a big problem for him, it's up the middle, up the middle, up the middle......do Cheifs generally produce a lot of pressure from the middle or is it mostly from the outside?
Google Chris Jones.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:03 PM 01-17-2019
Goad him into throwing deep on purpose - then snatch that flutter bug and take it to the house for a pick 6.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:04 PM 01-17-2019
Agree w Pete. Take away the short shit. Pull Fuller aside and say “this is what we traded for you for. Go take Edelman away.” If Chris Hogan and whoever the fuck Phillip Dorsett is beat you deep, tip of the cap. Pull Chris Jones aside and say “dude, want to be a legend in this town forever? Go destroy Brady up the middle”.

Profit.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:05 PM 01-17-2019
Pressure up the middle, take away the underneath passes to the RB’s and force Brady to beat them downfield.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:06 PM 01-17-2019
5-2-4

Houston-Williams-Jones-Nnadi-Ford
(williams/Nnadi are very good against the run while Houston/Jones/Ford are very good at rushing the passer. If we can knock Brady around without losing coverage we can win. We need Jones blocking passes and putting pressure on Brady right in his face up the middle. Dline has to get their hands up!)

Hitchens - DoD(blow people up crossing the middle and catching in the flats)

Nelson-Ward-Berry-Fuller (Berry on Growk most of the time, Fuller on Edelman)

Our pressure comes from front 5, while the back 6 rough up Edelman,Hogan and Growk. Make sure we rotate coverages in the back, Zone,Man,Press etc.
[Reply]
bobbything 10:10 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by CrookedTrump:
do Cheifs generally produce a lot of pressure from the middle or is it mostly from the outside?
Chris Jones, from the middle, has 15.5 sacks. Ford, from the edge, had 13. Houston, from the edge, had 9.

So...yes.

Edit: Houston had 2 last week and Ford had 1 (with a strip). All against a supposed really good offensive line. For what it’s worth.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up