ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So what ‘thing’ will Belichick try and take away from the Chiefs offense?
Deberg_1990 05:25 PM 01-17-2019
We all know he’s the best at taking away a certain weapon on an opponents offense. What weapon does he try and defuse on the Chiefs?

Keeping Mahomes in the pocket?

Tyreek Hill?

Kelce?

Watkins?

D Williams?

Conley?

Thoughts.....
[Reply]
FAX 07:48 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
1)yes I think so. 2) I think we man up, which disrupts the short game, forcing Brady to hold the ball, where our pass rush will feast.
I hope you're right. Those are the crucial match-ups, IMO. Our downhill run game vs. their base defense and their uber-short pass game against our base defense.

I know this much, though; if we can disturb Tommy Two Yards early in the game, we win this walking away. He don't like those hit things. And you can't throw a 3-yard out while your facemask is submerged in soil.

FAX
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:59 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I hope you're right. Those are the crucial match-ups, IMO. Our downhill run game vs. their base defense and their uber-short pass game against our base defense.

I know this much, though; if we can disturb Tommy Two Yards early in the game, we win this walking away. He don't like those hit things. And you can't throw a 3-yard out while your facemask is submerged in soil.

FAX
right. It's why the Chargers' plan was asinine. You can't sit around in zone all day, Brady will dissect you. BUT, if you're manning up and can do it, that makes him hold the ball. IF you have a pass rush, especially a strong inside rush, you can crush him.

I actually think at this point in the season, we match up well on their weapons with the exception of the backs. If Berry plays, we might be okay there too.
[Reply]
FAX 08:05 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
right. It's why the Chargers' plan was asinine. You can't sit around in zone all day, Brady will dissect you. BUT, if you're manning up and can do it, that makes him hold the ball. IF you have a pass rush, especially a strong inside rush, you can crush him.

I actually think at this point in the season, we match up well on their weapons with the exception of the backs. If Berry plays, we might be okay there too.
If Berry plays (on that particular day), I wouldn't be surprised if Tommy Two Yards gets picked twice. Nobody studies film or reads and anticipates QBs better than EB.

Of course, he's also a stud in the run game.

FAX
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:11 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
How do you double 3 players then with 8 in the box?:-)

Check your math!! Won't be able to double all of them!!!:-)
Chung is so awesome he can double Kelce and Hill and be the 8th man in the box on the same play!
[Reply]
RollinWithMahomie 08:17 PM 01-17-2019
Gilmore follows Hill. Kelce is bracketed. Watkins will have to win his matchup... i assume that's what he will do. Along with a muddied rush trying to keep Patrick inside the pocket.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 08:23 PM 01-17-2019
I think they'll try to take away a part of the field not really a player. Reid and his offense can I attack every part of the field, though. This is going to be one hell of a game. But if it is a player I think it's Hill.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 08:33 PM 01-17-2019
He will try to take away Mahomes. But that is impossible. Its like trying to get rid of a hair that is stuck to the tile in the shower. You try to capture some water in your hand and splash it on it, it just moves a little bit and its still there, mocking you.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:36 PM 01-17-2019
I think new England will play us line Seattle did. Give pat the short stuff and make us take what we're given. We've beaten that by just letting pat loose. Think Reid's gotta find ways to move pat around. I don't know that the gimmicky of screens and misdirection is going to be our best go at this.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 08:41 PM 01-17-2019
Possession time is what BB will take away from the offense. Long methodical drives to keep Mahomes and company on the sidelines.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:48 PM 01-17-2019
Deshaun Watson, prolly
[Reply]
d12115415 09:24 PM 01-17-2019
He'd say everything but I would bet Hill. We have to stop your big plays and that starts with neutralizing him.
And of course, like he did with the Chargers, time of possession.
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 09:25 PM 01-17-2019
Kelce....cover Hill on anything short and pray Mahomes doesn't hit on long balls...
[Reply]
kccrow 09:26 PM 01-17-2019
I'm guessing he focuses most on Hill and Kelce. Bracket Hill with the McCourty bros, single cover Watkins with Gilmore, put Roberts/Chung worrying about Kelce. Basically similar to game 1. They'll force Williams to make the plays Hunt made to slice them up and open things up over the top to Hill. They really don't have a better option.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:28 PM 01-17-2019
kelce

But that leaves: hill, sherman, williamssss, watkins still open.

Watching the earlier game.

WE CAN WIN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get to Brady!!!! And the last two times we crushed the pats---we had Alex Smith.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 05:27 AM 01-18-2019
If it was me it would be Kelce as he moves the chains like no one else. But if I were Andy I’d be planning for both scenarios and whoever they target the other guy (plus some of the bench) need to run riot. Hill deep ball hasn’t been hitting recently (weather?) so that is maybe off the table a bit
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up