ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So what ‘thing’ will Belichick try and take away from the Chiefs offense?
Deberg_1990 05:25 PM 01-17-2019
We all know he’s the best at taking away a certain weapon on an opponents offense. What weapon does he try and defuse on the Chiefs?

Keeping Mahomes in the pocket?

Tyreek Hill?

Kelce?

Watkins?

D Williams?

Conley?

Thoughts.....
[Reply]
FAX 06:27 PM 01-17-2019
If already posted, apologies and sorrys galore.

FAX
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 06:28 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
To me, the biggest affect BB has is getting in these guys' heads during the week and get them double guessing too much on game day. I don't think they can reasonable take enough away from our offense to make it matter unless we get defensive about it. We need to have "dictate the terms" approach to our offense and shove it down their throats and make them react to us.
I think we'll come out with heavy amounts of shifting, motions and jet sweeps. Get them thinking east and west before going north and south.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:31 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
To me, the biggest affect BB has is getting in these guys' heads during the week and get them double guessing too much on game day. I don't think they can reasonable take enough away from our offense to make it matter unless we get defensive about it. We need to have "dictate the terms" approach to our offense and shove it down their throats and make them react to us.
Only way we lose this game is IF we beat ourselves on offense by committing turnovers. Doesn't matter how the D plays if our offense is clicking IMHO. If the D plays respectable to great SURE !! But if they don't it doesn't matter.:-)

Just know that Bill has been strategizing since he first played us on how he will play us the 2nd time in these playoffs. He has been studying ever since our first meeting as he has watched all the tapes of every game of Mahomes and our offense and IT STILL WON'T BE ENOUGH !!! :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:32 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Kelce is my bet. He's been a 1st down machine lately. Hill is dangerous to go long, but Pat's had trouble hitting him over the top lately, so I think Kelce's the one.
yeah, I think it’s Kelce too. Knowing Bellichecks tendency to change things up, he may go Kelce and then switch in the 2nd half to Hill.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 06:34 PM 01-17-2019
If I'm the Pats I take away Kelce and count on the cold helping neutralize the deep game to Hill.
[Reply]
FAX 06:36 PM 01-17-2019
We need a third "safety blanket". I don't care if it's Conley or Williams or Ware or Robinson or Dieter. We need another go-to guy that Mahomes can look for when Kelce is triple covered and Tyreek is doubled. That guy needs to catch the ball when it's coming in at 90 MPH.

We find that, and the offense thrives.

Of course, the keys are always the same; win the turnover battle and DO NOT COMMIT PENALTIES. EVER.

We do that, we win. And probably by 14 points or more. (We're a much better overall team.)

FAX
[Reply]
ROYC75 06:39 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. They're going to try to take away Mahomes. They'll man Kelce with Chung and man Watkins, bracket Hill, and then try to rattle Patrick.

They'll also try to run ball control offense to keep him off the field.

Need to start strong and hot. Like last week.
I couldn't have said it any better.

This!
[Reply]
ROYC75 06:41 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
How do you double 3 players then with 8 in the box?:-)

Check your math!! Won't be able to double all of them!!!:-)
Wut, you haven't heard of the Cheatriots?
[Reply]
R Clark 06:42 PM 01-17-2019
Just hope Andy doesn't try to out smart himself
[Reply]
tk13 06:48 PM 01-17-2019
I bet they come after Mahomes. They aren't usually a blitzing team, but they did it last week to Rivers, and teams have had more success against Mahomes going after him than just sitting back and letting him gut you.
[Reply]
Frosty 06:52 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
How do you double 3 players then with 8 in the box?:-)

Check your math!! Won't be able to double all of them!!!:-)
You obviously haven't been reading the "Let's Talk about the Patriots" thread.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 06:53 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
We need a third "safety blanket". I don't care if it's Conley or Williams or Ware or Robinson or Dieter. We need another go-to guy that Mahomes can look for when Kelce is triple covered and Tyreek is doubled. That guy needs to catch the ball when it's coming in at 90 MPH.

Of course, the keys are always the same; win the turnover battle and DO NOT COMMIT PENALTIES. EVER.

We do that, we win. And probably by 14 points or more. (We're a much better overall team.)

FAX
Watkins?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:53 PM 01-17-2019
You know-

I'm aware that BB is the debbil. And while I too am tired of watching the damned Patriots go to the fucking SB every year (not quite, but almost) and even if it wasn't us, I'd be rooting for someone else to knock them off. That's what it means to be king.

But Bill fucking cracks me up with his press conferences. I mean, the guy loathes having to do them and is completely uninterested in even pretending that he wants to be there. All the guy wants to do is coach and win and be left the fuck alone.

It's hilarious.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:54 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
Watkins?
If I know FAX like I think I know FAX, and I do, Watkins is the 2nd safety blanket. Kelce is the first.

So we'd still need a third.

[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:55 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:

FAX
Well, you've got 5 DB's tied up on 2 receivers so i guess that means that Watkins will be uncovered. I'd bet he'll put up some numbers.
If he falls down or something I guess you could hit D. Williams on a wheel route.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up