ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>The Predator
Fishpicker 08:31 AM 09-02-2018

looks pretty good even if they went a bit overboard with gore. (CGI gore looks too globulous)

the new The Predator was written by Shane Black (Dawkins). So here's hoping for some more big pussy jokes to go along with the Predators oversized maw.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:54 AM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by Valiant:
It was fun outside of the horrible ending and fight. They should have had better deaths.

Only reason it got rated r was for language. The violence and gore was pg13.

I liked predators more.
Predator blades to the taint, a Predator getting his head and spine ripped off, multiple decapitations with a steel cable, heads getting detonated right and left, a tranquilizer dart through a motherfucker's eye, a dude getting chopped in half by a forcefield and his stump flying off into the distance, and you think this was PG-13 gore?

It was by no means good or logical, but I couldn't stop smiling the entire time I watched it.
[Reply]
Valiant 09:28 PM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Predator blades to the taint, a Predator getting his head and spine ripped off, multiple decapitations with a steel cable, heads getting detonated right and left, a tranquilizer dart through a mother****er's eye, a dude getting chopped in half by a forcefield and his stump flying off into the distance, and you think this was PG-13 gore?

It was by no means good or logical, but I couldn't stop smiling the entire time I watched it.
None of the Gore was really visual. Shown at a distance and not on the level of predator 1 and 2.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:58 PM 12-29-2018
*Picks up severed human arm, gives thumbs up signal*
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:59 AM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
God damn this movie is a pile of shit. Flat out terrible.

This franchise is dead.
Five of us on this board could have come up with a better story.

WTF Hollywood believes you have to have a) a kid in movies like this and b) a super-sized "whatever it is" to attract fans is beyond me. In this case is misfired spectacularly.

Why not just pick a current war zone and have the Predator come in and f*** s*** up?
[Reply]
Jerm 10:42 AM 01-15-2019
Finally got around to watching this last weekend.....Shane Black, what in the fuck were you thinking?

Ugh what an awful movie....completely nonsensical story that goes all over the place, horrible dialog, the humor doesn't land at all and there's way too much of it, and that ending....woof.

I love the Predator series but my God what a step back for the franchise....
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:24 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Finally got around to watching this last weekend.....Shane Black, what in the fuck were you thinking?

Ugh what an awful movie....completely nonsensical story that goes all over the place, horrible dialog, the humor doesn't land at all and there's way too much of it, and that ending....woof.

Had the opportunity to watch on my overseas flight. Chose. Venom and Antman and Wasp instead.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:32 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Finally got around to watching this last weekend.....Shane Black, what in the **** were you thinking?

The word is that it was heavily chopped up by FOX.

Not sure it would have saved it 100% though?

Your right, it was a little too hokey and didn’t take the premise seriously enough
[Reply]
Jerm 12:48 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The word is that it was heavily chopped up by FOX.

Not sure it would have saved it 100% though?

Your right, it was a little too hokey and didn’t take the premise seriously enough
Apparently the third act was completely re-shot, the rumors of what it was though didn't sound any better...

Spoiler!

Just don't know why they don't go the anthology route and place Predators in different historical periods/battles...

I mean they've moved completely away from the original idea of aliens who are drawn to conflicts here and hunt for sport and man being afraid of something that's greater than itself...its damn cool AND WORKS. Keep it simple.

Now we've gone way off of reservation and get shit like this...
[Reply]
sully1983 10:37 PM 01-15-2019
the director Shane Black is a flat out douche bag for the way he directed this . Its hands down the worst film I saw in 2018 . I know I know , Black was an actor in the 1st Predator film and did a good job with The Nice Guys but jfc he was so wrong to direct this one. Basically turning it into a slap stick action / comedy (which wasn't remotely funny either ) .
He had a good cast to work with but reduced Thomas Jane into a joke in this.
I seriously had 2nd hand embarrassment for all those involved.
3/10

and as someone else pointed out on here, that's all folks! This franchise is DEAD.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up