ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 44
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
rico 05:36 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
That 49 MPH might kill Watson's stock. Seriously. I always thought his deep ball looked like a floater. Similar to Mariota.

Mahomes or bust IMO.
This... His ball looks ugly and wobbly when he throws it.
[Reply]
SDChiefs 05:48 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
This... His ball looks ugly and wobbly when he throws it.
Why you checking out his balls?
[Reply]
rico 05:54 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by SDChiefs:
Why you checking out his balls?
Because our QB is Alex Smith.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:57 PM 03-10-2017
From Matt Miller with Bleacher Report:

Originally Posted by :
Kansas City Chiefs: A developmental quarterback is what the fans want, but a source in the front office told me a defensive-front-seven pick is more likely in Round 1—if the Chiefs don't trade back. "We're in a prime trade-back spot, so I could see that happening too" said the source.
:-)

Prime trade-back spot? We have 10 f**king picks and 70 guys on the roster. Whatever.
[Reply]
rico 06:09 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
How have we settled and what was your alternative in 2013?
Posted via Mobile Device
Someone who is able to do more than just 1.) Throw check downs, 2.) Complete only one-read passes, 3.) Not throw INT's 4.) Be in possession of hidden gigabytes and 5.) Not put the fans to sleep.

Agree with Hasselbeck/Palmer.

Who knows how some of these other guys (rookies over the past 4 years included) could have done in a different situation...Chiefs have had a nice supporting cast...Smith has benefited from that. Who knows how these guys could have done in Reid's system.
[Reply]
rico 06:10 PM 03-10-2017

Prime trade-back spot? We have 10 f**king picks and 70 guys on the roster. Whatever.
Ugh, I hope his source is Walter Football.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:14 PM 03-10-2017

Don't believe anything that is leaked to the media by anonymous sources around this time of the year.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:16 PM 03-10-2017

As mentioned in the draft forum. Believe the first sentence of the article:

"It's lying season in the NFL."
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:16 PM 03-10-2017

No joke, I could see KC trading 4 picks to get Mahomes considering the amount they have if they really do think he has the goods
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:16 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Don't believe anything that is leaked to the media by anonymous sources around this time of the year.
Yeah it's all just rumors at this point....

Personally, if I'm making bets, I think they'd like Reddick or Mahomes in the 1st.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 06:18 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
In his 2nd full year as starter Cousins showed some inexperience. Heaven have mercy. Meanwhile he's averaged 27 TDs, 68% completions, and 4500 yards on the shithole Redskins.

But that's not good enough at QB for Chiefs fan PGM.
Do you even watch football? Redskins had a lot of weapons on offense many of them proven vets. Why do you think Washington is being cautious with signing him long term? They know he's got a high chance of regressing to his average play when he loses the luxury of having weapons all over the field
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:20 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Carson Palmer + draft a guy. I wanted Geno, but if they fucking TRIED, I would have been more than patient.

If that plan blew up, try again in a different year.

The problem with Chiefs fans is that whenever a QB crisis occurs when they can absolutely no longer roll with the current veteran because he's washed up/suck too much, they act like they have to solve the problem NOW. INSTANTLY.

They don't think about QB development as a multi-year process. It's like Carl stepped down from GMing, but instead went into the business of mind control lasers, and he's got everybody thinking his way is the best.

Thus, you get all the, "Gee, I'd love to draft a QB, but there's no Andrew Luck available at 27th overall! Next year is a better class, maybe we'll get one then!" And it's also how you get, "I don't like what Alex Smith is doing, but what should the Chiefs have done, exactly?"

Uhh... how about plan ahead? But since they didn't do that, they should just be fucking patient.
I was, all over palmer that year too .
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:21 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Do you even watch football? Redskins had a lot of weapons on offense many of them proven vets. Why do you think Washington is being cautious with signing him long term? They know he's got a high chance of regressing to his average play when he loses the luxury of having weapons all over the field
Can you please post his "average play"?

Facts not Fiction remember? Post the facts of his " average play"
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:22 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
No joke, I could see KC trading 4 picks to get Mahomes considering the amount they have if they really do think he has the goods
And they would be foolish not to give up whatever it takes if the believ he is the man.

No way to know what to believe, but my hopes are up. Not going to reject it, if I end up pissed, I'll end up pissed. I want the gunslinger.
[Reply]
milkman 06:24 PM 03-10-2017

Aw....Hell.

Guess I'll hold off on that Mahomes Chiefs jersey I was about to order.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 44
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up