ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 44
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
arrwheader 11:29 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by kepp:
Following this line of thinking though, the window for competing for a championship is small and a R1 QB would have zero affect this season. I'd love for them to go QB in the first, but they will go ILB, DB, or RB.
I guess I am just saying that it makes sense from a future standpoint. AS has got two years left contract wise. Trade up and draft a guy now to sit for a year just makes sense with the current roster. The positions you listed are needs but maybe they can fill them in later rounds or FA. Keep the window open and still be competitive after AS is gone. This team is pretty young. We got some aging stars but i think our "window" will be around for some time.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:33 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.

[Reply]
raybec 4 11:36 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
In his 2nd full year as starter Cousins showed some inexperience. Heaven have mercy. Meanwhile he's averaged 27 TDs, 68% completions, and 4500 yards on the shithole Redskins.

But that's not good enough at QB for Chiefs fan PGM.
27 tds is Cousins average, Alex has never thrown 27 in his career. How could everyone not see Cousins as a MASSIVE upgrade?
[Reply]
arrwheader 11:36 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
You mean the regime that has done the same thing regarding the QB position as the previous two regimes?
The current regime got AS sure, but he wasn't matt asshole. We can't compare them to the whole existence of the franchise though. Ill be real, I haven't been around for the entire existence of the franchise but AS brought stability to the team. Maybe the plan all along is get Alex get stability, get competitive, then wait for the right time and grab your future guy.
[Reply]
YayMike 11:57 AM 03-10-2017
Lots of picks to use to get whichever one Andy and Dorsey like best. As I said in another thread, I'm not against using a pick from next year if the QBs go on an early run.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 12:00 PM 03-10-2017
They were trying to trade up last year for Lynch. I like these QBs better
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 12:01 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Where the **** is Pestilence when you need him? I'm sure he'd give a bj-quality review of Kizer right about now.
Kizer is the best QB in this class. He's going to be good if he goes to the right team
[Reply]
rico 12:03 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
The current regime got AS sure, but he wasn't matt asshole. We can't compare them to the whole existence of the franchise though. Ill be real, I haven't been around for the entire existence of the franchise but AS brought stability to the team. Maybe the plan all along is get Alex get stability, get competitive, then wait for the right time and grab your future guy.
Yet another reason to hate Matt Cassel. He has put many of us in a state where we are willing to settle for a guy like Alex Smith. Blech.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:03 PM 03-10-2017
In his 2nd full year as starter Cousins showed some inexperience. Heaven have mercy. Meanwhile he's averaged 27 TDs, 68% completions, and 4500 yards on the shithole Redskins.

But that's not good enough at QB for Chiefs fan PGM.
...yet no team seems to want him. Fuck your stats. That chode couldn't lead the 94 Niners to a title.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:04 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
...yet no team seems to want him. **** your stats. That chode couldn't lead the 94 Niners to a title.
How can you say that no team seems to want him? There's a country mile difference between no team wants him and no one wants to give up two firsts for him.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:05 PM 03-10-2017
...yet no team seems to want him. **** your stats. That chode couldn't lead the 94 Niners to a title.
Kind of hard to want a guy who has been franchise tagged, no?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:06 PM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
How can you say that no team seems to want him? There's a country mile difference between no team wants him and no one wants to give up two firsts for him.
Dude isn't winning anyone a title. Let's find one who can. I'm tired of ither team's castoffs. Isn't this what the board has said for years?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:10 PM 03-10-2017
Kind of hard to want a guy who has been franchise tagged, no?
Dude won't win shit in this league and teams know it. Grbac tossed for 500 in a game and he was a loser too.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:12 PM 03-10-2017
Dude won't win shit in this league and teams know it. Grbac tossed for 500 in a game and he was a loser too.
Has to be a Ohio state fan
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:16 PM 03-10-2017
Dude isn't winning anyone a title. Let's find one who can. I'm tired of ither team's castoffs. Isn't this what the board has said for years?
I'm not beating the drum for Cousins to come here. But he's a pretty damn good football player. To say no one wants him and he'll never win shit is just talking out your ass.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 44
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up