ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 44
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:17 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Who is angry?

I honestly wouldn't give a fuck who they drafted at QB as long as they showed the ability to give a rats ass about the position.

The last QB I actively fought for on this forum and wanted the Chiefs to draft was Kirk Cousins. I took a lot of "we already have Stanzi" shit for it too. Since then I don't waste my time thinking about which QB they are going to draft because now they've entered the realm of cutting the ones they do draft before their first year begins.

Fuck Cousins. So you have just as shit QB tastes as the Chiefs. BUT YAAAARDS!!!!
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:25 AM 03-10-2017
Shhhhh!!! It's supposed to be a secret!
[Reply]
jd1020 10:26 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
**** Cousins. So you have just as shit QB tastes as the Chiefs. BUT YAAAARDS!!!!
Yards and TDs out of your QB... don't want that.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:28 AM 03-10-2017
...and pissing away playoff berths with epic pants shittings
[Reply]
rico 10:31 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Cousins is sooooooo meh. No thanks.
We have a case of "meh" behind center that is so bad that it is difficult on the eyes. The guy can't even play dodgeball.
[Reply]
rico 10:33 AM 03-10-2017
Not to mention, I disagree. Cousins is really good...and plays with a ton of fire. Guy had some games where he was just lights out...better than Smith has ever been.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:35 AM 03-10-2017
In his 2nd full year as starter Cousins showed some inexperience. Heaven have mercy. Meanwhile he's averaged 27 TDs, 68% completions, and 4500 yards on the shithole Redskins.

But that's not good enough at QB for Chiefs fan PGM.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:41 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
The guy can't even play dodgeball.
:-)
[Reply]
rico 10:48 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
In his 2nd full year as starter Cousins showed some inexperience. Heaven have mercy. Meanwhile he's averaged 27 TDs, 68% completions, and 4500 yards on the shithole Redskins.

But that's not good enough at QB for Chiefs fan PGM.
And just think of how Alex was doing in that phase of his career.

Back to the topic... My fave 3 QB's are Mahomes, Kizer and Webb. I think Watson may bust...he has moments where he throws a real ugly ball...
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:50 AM 03-10-2017
Kizer and Mahomes are 1a and 1b at this point with Mahomes getting the slight lead based on athleticism. Watson is 3rd on my list.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:54 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Kizer and Mahomes are 1a and 1b at this point with Mahomes getting the slight lead based on athleticism. Watson is 3rd on my list.
Trubisky 2nd?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Trubisky 2nd?
We won't have a shot at Trubisky. And I'm not even sure we'll have a shot at Watson either.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:56 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
We won't have a shot at Trubisky. And I'm not even sure we'll have a shot at Watson either.
I've seen a few mocks with Keizer, Watson or Mahones dropping to us.
[Reply]
arrwheader 11:23 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
We have decades of factual evidence to prove this is actually FACT....
True but am speaking to the current regime in power.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 11:24 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
True but am speaking to the current regime in power.
You mean the regime that has done the same thing regarding the QB position as the previous two regimes?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 44
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up