ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 44
« First < 323839404142 4344 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:24 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Yup, it's really ridiculous to some of these dudes rooting for a losing season just to get a change at the QB. Those pussies don't even like the team, they just like being contrary bitches about everything and will be miserable ****s until they die.
Crazy how that worked out. Dumbass
[Reply]
notorious 08:26 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
:-)

Has there ever been a take on Chiefsplanet that was worse than this?
Search his history. He would fill the top 100 worst CP posts ever.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:31 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by splatbass:
Some of these guys live to be sniveling bitches all year long, to make sure we are all as miserable as they are.
Irony.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:34 AM 01-17-2019

You really don’t want me answering this, Superstar.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:55 AM 01-17-2019
What's really funny is that a lot of GMs and other professionals who actually do this for a living rather than hobby were in the anti-Mahomes crowd. We're lucky to have someone like Andy Reid who understands and can develop QB talent.

Just glad Andy didn't listen to the draft gurus on here and select Geno Smith.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:01 AM 01-17-2019
What I think is really interesting about all this is about how supposedly the Chiefs damn near conspired with Mahomes' agent Leigh Steinberg to keep the lid on just how interested the Chiefs were in Mahomes because Steinberg thought it was in Mahomes long-term interest to work with Reid. Talk about a ringing endorsement from an agent.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:02 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The sniveling bitches got what we wanted.

News flash: It ****ing works!

Who would have ****ing thought?!!!
Looking back at that douchebag's posting history, he's barely posted this season except in a thread titled "Do we win today with Alex?" :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
kysirsoze 12:27 PM 01-17-2019

I mean, it is obviously an embarrassing take in hindsight, but it was even indefensible at the time. Burn a first rounder? On a QB with that arm and ability? Even if he didn't pan out that's an easy pick.

A lot of posters on here gave Alex too much credit and dragged their heels on Mahomes, but this dude was out of his mind.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:28 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Not that it matters much, but the context was I didn’t want to trade the whole 2017 draft (and then some) to move up because that cost is usually way too much.

I did say in the post that if they are going to trade up to get him (which if you’d click on my sig, you’d see a slew of my thoughts on wanting to move up to top ten for Mahomes using future picks kinda like we you know, we did) I want them to use picks from a future draft.

I even clarified that I want them to move up to get him.
No you said you wanted them to use a 2nd or 3rd in the next draft... like that was even feasible.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:30 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
No you said you wanted them to use a 2nd or 3rd in the next draft... like that was even feasible.
And looking back you also said there's no way in HELL you'd move up into the teens for patrick mahomes that year because there was 1st round talent in the third.

Yeah right.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 07:02 AM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Keep your political bullshit out of the Lounge. This is a Chiefs thread.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:19 AM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut:
It has come to my attention that Mahomes' hand size is closer to Kaepernicks than it does to Russell Wilson's.

Red Flag.
Facts not fiction.....
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:42 AM 01-19-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
And looking back you also said there's no way in HELL you'd move up into the teens for patrick mahomes that year because there was 1st round talent in the third.

Yeah right.
Are you quoting yourself and replying to yourself?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:52 AM 01-19-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Lexi Loser literally went into hiding after the election he was so wrong
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:17 AM 01-19-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
What's really funny is that a lot of GMs and other professionals who actually do this for a living rather than hobby were in the anti-Mahomes crowd. We're lucky to have someone like Andy Reid who understands and can develop QB talent.

Just glad Andy didn't listen to the draft gurus on here and select Geno Smith.
I agree that Geno Smith wasn't worthy of 1.1 or even 2.1 but he did show the ability to be very accurate early in his last college season, and in hindsight he is being judged by what he became with a Head Coach not named Andy Reid. Reid may have made him a serviceable back up.

But whatever events that transpired in leading this franchise to #MVPM2 they must have been preordained by fate, and probably could have never happened any other way.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 42 of 44
« First < 323839404142 4344 >
Up