ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>The New Top Gear UK
pr_capone 06:44 PM 06-07-2016
Watching the season premier now... and good God it is awful. Chris Evans is trying entirely too hard to hard to be Jeremy without Clarkson's charm.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:24 PM 04-04-2018
RIP Dunsfold Park and Airfield

http://www.thedrive.com/news/19880/t...for-demolition

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:03 PM 06-01-2018
Matt LeBlanc out after this next season [too much time/travel for him]

End of an era?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:44 AM 06-02-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Matt LeBlanc out after this next season [too much time/travel for him]

End of an era?
I heard thats not final...$$$$$$

Series rerun on Netflix
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:59 PM 08-27-2018
A nice bit of kit for a Monday

Chuckled at the blonde getting out of the Apollo. Reminded me of the old Elise.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:53 PM 01-17-2019
It's back, and Hammond has an erection Dodge Demon.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:02 AM 01-18-2019
:-) - Burn of the week from the new promo

Originally Posted by :
Elmo elmo
1 day ago
I want a girlfriend that trusts me as much as james trusts his buttons on his shirt

Attached: Capt Slow.jpg (64.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:42 PM 02-13-2019
Last week's segment on Jim Clark is among the best segment work they've done. Senna was pretty good, as was the Ford/Ferrari War, but that man dominated like none have ever in an era when people dropped like flies in motorsport. And to lose a tire at 170mph

The car

[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:35 AM 04-12-2019
Well they ended the 'tents, test tracks, and chat' form of the show in grand style.

The last two episodes of The Grand Tour were among the best television in years.

Last week was an epic and moving field piece where they assembled an airdropped vehicle in the middle of the Mongolian wilderness and made their way back to civilization.

This week was on the death of the saloon car. It was heartfelt, and informative and nostalgic and moving as well.

I'm gonna miss the old formulation, but this past season was among the best 'Top Gear' of all time, and I'm gonna take on faith that the new era of all field pieces will be similarly epic and engaging.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:40 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Well they ended the 'tents, test tracks, and chat' form of the show in grand style.

The last two episodes of The Grand Tour were among the best television in years.

Last week was an epic and moving field piece where they assembled an airdropped vehicle in the middle of the Mongolian wilderness and made their way back to civilization.

This week was on the death of the saloon car. It was heartfelt, and informative and nostalgic and moving as well.

I'm gonna miss the old formulation, but this past season was among the best 'Top Gear' of all time, and I'm gonna take on faith that the new era of all field pieces will be similarly epic and engaging.
I truly thought they were ending the show completely. Was not ready for it.

I hope they find a way to keep the news segments, I always enjoyed those. Maybe as an episode intro / outro before all of the pieces. I am so looking forward to more adventure / challenge / history pieces. Next year should be amazing. Mongolia was a fantastic episode this year.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:55 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I truly thought they were ending the show completely. Was not ready for it.

I hope they find a way to keep the news segments, I always enjoyed those. Maybe as an episode intro / outro before all of the pieces. I am so looking forward to more adventure / challenge / history pieces. Next year should be amazing. Mongolia was a fantastic episode this year.
I have to imagine that it is getting difficult to keep a finger on the pulse of motoring at present.

Supercars are popping up everywhere, with amazing designs and amazing engines, but they're also homogenizing as they all approach the apex of performance, . . low slung mid-engined, with lots of active aero.

And cars of the people are in a transition period between economical ICE and electric. Homogenization is compounded here as the big companies merge and share platforms. Only so much interest in how much of an Audi is actually a BMW, and how much of a Chevy is actually a Peugot, etc.

Even the performance speccing, and the hot laps and the powerslides, . . all the exciting footage, tends to meld into on blur of fast and noisy.

Also, a lot of their cachet in simply putting your eyes on the latest and greatest is taken up for free [if less professionally shot and edit] by youtubers like DeMuro or Schmee.

Like I said earlier, I'm going to have faith that they put as much passion and energy into finding new things and sharing new adventures in the lesser explored corners of the earth.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:04 PM 04-14-2019
While you can see it, before it's taken down, someone cobbled together a faux finale clip.
The first bit and the last bit are directly from the episode.
The middle bit with the montage is not the same footage and not the same music. Feel free to skip it, or enjoy it for what it is [I mean it is still an HD montage of some of the best moments, just not the specific one from the finale].

[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:22 PM 04-14-2019
Without "star in a reasonably priced car", a real Stig, and celebrity walk ons the audience is not needed.

The audience, just there to stoke Clarkson's man parts, won't be missed by me.

Them being gone, I hope that they find something other than old men driving cars and keep the comedy as one of the priorities. Hopefully with an Amazon budget they will have some of the spoofs they used to have, reinvented again, celebrities that not even God could book appear in the passenger seat for interviews, and make me never want to miss the scheduled showings like I used to.

Grand Tour ended up being as successful and as much of a 16"(penis ruler 12" marked as 16") ruler as I expected. Maybe the guys are ready to do some real work as journalists and not become Sir David Attenborough for cars.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:51 PM 04-14-2019
Per Jonathan Ross show appearance by Jezza last week, they are scheduled to begin a Vietnam special in the next couple weeks.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:43 PM 04-14-2019
Ole Jimmy Clark. If you ever get the chance to play Grand Prix Legends with a good wheel you see what that shit was about.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:45 PM 04-14-2019

[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up