ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 37
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
OldSchool 09:29 PM 12-12-2014
I really like Dorsett as well, but not until the 3rd round.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:50 AM 12-13-2014
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
I really like Dorsett as well, but not until the 3rd round.
With the frame and speed he has, I think that alone would move him up to round 2.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:30 PM 12-15-2014
Phillip Dorsett and Tyler Lockett. Get both these guys on the team and we are in good shape.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:40 PM 12-15-2014

[Reply]
OldSchool 05:20 PM 12-15-2014
Dorsett has easy speed like Desean Jackson. He'll probably go in a similar spot in the draft.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:54 PM 12-15-2014
People keep saying "Chiefs need to draft a WR round 1" but the type of WR we need just isn't there.

Cooper and White will be gone and what's left isn't what we need. We don't need Bowe types in Jalean Strong and Devin Funchess. We need a Paul Richardson type with wheels.

Honestly there will be so many of these type of WR's available rd 2 I can't see how we don't take one then.
Algholor, Greene, Lockett, Dorsett, Diggs, Goodley, Hardy (I think he'll run a good time).

I want us to take 2 of these guys.
[Reply]
O.city 08:07 PM 12-15-2014
I'd take green Beckham if he were there in the 2nd
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:57 PM 12-15-2014
Originally Posted by RunKC:
People keep saying "Chiefs need to draft a WR round 1" but the type of WR we need just isn't there.

Cooper and White will be gone and what's left isn't what we need. We don't need Bowe types in Jalean Strong and Devin Funchess. We need a Paul Richardson type with wheels.

Honestly there will be so many of these type of WR's available rd 2 I can't see how we don't take one then.
Algholor, Greene, Lockett, Dorsett, Diggs, Goodley, Hardy (I think he'll run a good time).

I want us to take 2 of these guys.

You do have a point. I still wouldn't be upset with Strong or Parker in rd 1.

So WR in rd 2 works.. People will roll their eyes, but if WR in rd 2, then I wouldn't at all mind a versatile OL in rd 1. Maybe a prospect like TJ Clemmings, La'el Collins, or Cedric Ogbuehi to boost the talent at RT and/or LG.
[Reply]
OldSchool 03:39 AM 12-16-2014
Watching Funchess play makes me feel like puking. He's as soft as you can get for a guy his size and has really inconsistent hands as well.

I actually think that Strong would help a lot as another stick mover and a dependable red zone target. I would have zero problems with drafting him in the first and getting a guy like Lockett or Dorsett later in the draft.

I feel like Dorsey is going to fall in love with a guy like Sammie Coates though due to his measurables; that worries me because Coates is about as far as you can get from a natural receiver/pass catcher in this draft. I feel like he has a little too much DHB in him.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:56 AM 12-16-2014
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
Watching Funchess play makes me feel like puking. He's as soft as you can get for a guy his size and has really inconsistent hands as well.

I actually think that Strong would help a lot as another stick mover and a dependable red zone target. I would have zero problems with drafting him in the first and getting a guy like Lockett or Dorsett later in the draft.

I feel like Dorsey is going to fall in love with a guy like Sammie Coates though due to his measurables; that worries me because Coates is about as far as you can get from a natural receiver/pass catcher in this draft. I feel like he has a little too much DHB in him.
I fear this too. I really like Rashad Greene as a target as well. 6 ft, 180 best route runner who never drops the ball and has some quickness to him as well as speed (sub 4.4 guy).

We need a Paul Richardson type of WR though. No more slower big red zone targets. We have that in Bowe and Avant.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:29 PM 12-24-2014
I've really just set my sights on Justin Hardy. Reminds me of Odell Beckham. Really just an amazing player. I'm putting him in round 1, despite the pundits rankings. The guy is a serious talent. He's my Jordan Matthews for this year... I'll pound the fucking table all offseason for the Chiefs to draft this kid... then they won't and they'll regret it. Either way, I have him firmly entrenched in my mind as a guy the Chiefs must consider at the top of the draft. He's perfect for this offense.
[Reply]
RobBlake 11:58 PM 12-24-2014
my boy Josh Harper who will be available around the 4th round will be a nice pickup
[Reply]
redshirt32 07:34 AM 12-25-2014
A year late and dollar short what were they thinking last year ?

It sucks looking toward the draft already, we can move up a few spots this weekend with a loss!

Jump 2 to 3 spots in the picking order makes a world of difference that is where i would start.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 09:28 AM 12-25-2014
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Oh, so they'll take an overrated turd that can't get on the field as a rookie? Awesome, totally awesome.
But, but he's got a good first step.

Also he IS a lineman.
[Reply]
mszymko 02:17 PM 12-25-2014
Which FA wide receivers are expected to hit the open market and potentially end up with a new team?

I'm assuming guys like Thomas, Bryant, Maclin and even Royal will be signed by their current organizations. But what about guys like Harvin, Crabtree, Torrey Smith or Hakeem Nicks?

Crabtree, Smith and Nicks are just about as good as Bowe, but cheaper. I read Jet's might do a complete overhaul and let Harvin go, after a year in NY and being dropped by the Jets his price may be down. Would be great to trade Bowe out for a less expensive option.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 37
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up