ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 37
« First < 253132333435 3637 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
thabear04 05:34 PM 04-15-2015
The medical rechecks for 2015 NFL Draft prospects are scheduled for this weekend in Indianapolis, and Arizona State wide receiver Jaelen Strong is among the players that will be under examination.

The potential first-round pick has a broken bone in his wrist and likely will need surgery, according to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 06:41 PM 04-15-2015
Utah's Dres Anderson ran for scouts yesterday and logged in 40 times of 4.35 and 4.43 to go along with a 121" broad jump. 170 days removed from his ACL.
[Reply]
O.city 08:51 PM 04-15-2015
Lockett has to be pretty high up on the chiefs list. He's a great route runner, good with the ball, great hands and most importantly just knows how to play WR.
[Reply]
thabear04 09:05 PM 04-15-2015
Originally Posted by O.city:
Lockett has to be pretty high up on the Cardinals list. He's a great route runner, good with the ball, great hands and most importantly just knows how to play WR.
Fitz,John Brown, Malcolm Floyd , and Lockett that would be a great WR core
[Reply]
O.city 09:19 PM 04-15-2015
Shit, my fault. I was watching the cards play.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:50 PM 04-15-2015
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
Utah's Dres Anderson ran for scouts yesterday and logged in 40 times of 4.35 and 4.43 to go along with a 121" broad jump. 170 days removed from his ACL.
Those measurables and an injury making him a great value? Dorsey guy for sure.
[Reply]
jonzie04 12:50 PM 04-19-2015
dbd added 3 new videos of smelter, i made some gifs. i hate how he doesnt use his hands to block but damn he's strong and very aggressive. fun watching him destroy one of the best defenses in the country in clemson.

nice hitch and go, he draws a flag here.

3rd and 23

same hitch and go. damn.
[Reply]
OldSchool 12:55 PM 04-19-2015
Both of GT's WRs are very interesting prospects.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 02:11 PM 04-19-2015
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
Both of GT's WRs are very interesting prospects.
Waller sucks. No receiving skills whatsoever. He's huge and athletic, but he's a horrible receiver.

Smelter on the other hand is a solid reciever. He's not as good as Vince Mayle, another "bigger" receiver, but he's got good skills.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 05:04 PM 04-19-2015
Smelter is a way better prospect than Mayle, imo. In no small part because he is actually a fucking football player.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 07:35 AM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Smelter is a way better prospect than Mayle, imo. In no small part because he is actually a ****ing football player.
So, Mayle never played football?

Originally Posted by :
Attended Inderkum High School...two-year letterwinner for coach Terry Stark...as a SENIOR, named Tri-County Conference Offensive MVP and All-Metro League first team at running back after tallying 14 touchdowns and rushing for 661 yards ...also caught 11 passes for 299 yards...named All-Metro League at linebacker after making a team-best 12 sacks...selected to two All-Star games as a running back (Holdiay Classic and Optimist Game).
Originally Posted by :
attended Sierra College to play football for coach Jeff Tisdel in 2012......as a SOPHOMORE in 2012, named to the All-America first team by the California Community College Association, All-California and Valley Conference Offensive MVP after leading all California Junior Colleges with 16 touchdown catches...tallied 61 receptions for 984 yards...rated four stars and a top-5 junior college WR prospect by ESPN.com.
Originally Posted by :
RS-SENIOR (2014): Earned a varsity letter after starting all 12 games…named All-America honorable mention by Sports Illustrated...named All-Pac-12 Conference Second Team…named a Biletnikoff Award Semifinalist (1 of 10)…tied for Pac-12 lead with WSU single-season record 106 receptions…led Pac-12 with WSU single-season record 1,483 receiving yards, third-most in the country…tied for second on team with nine touchdown catches…led conference with six 100-yard games, tied for second-most in WSU single-season history…recorded two 250-plus yard games, only player in the country with two-such games in 2014 and only player in Pac-12 history with two 250-yard games…tied for third in the country in receptions-per-game (8.8) and was third in receiving yards-per-game (123.6)…returned nine kickoffs for 177 yards with a long of 39…owned a team-best 1,660 all-purpose yards, fifth-most in WSU history…averaged 138.3 all-purpose ypg, third-most in the Pac-12 …made 12 catches for 124 yards including a 26-yard touchdown against Rutgers in Seattle…caught eight passes including a 13-yard touchdown at Nevada…caught a 3-yard touchdown pass against Portland State…made seven receptions for 75 yards against No. 2 Oregon…had eight catches for 120 yards with touchdowns including the go-ahead 81-yard touchdown late in the fourth quarter, capping the 28-27 comeback win at Utah…caught 11 passes for a school-record 263 yards including a 90-yard touchdown against California…the 263 yards were the most by and player in the country in 2014…had six catches for 78 yards, a nine-yard touchdown catch and 39-yard kick return at No. 25 Stanford…caught 14 passes for 145 yards and one eight-yard touchdown against No. 15 Arizona…named team captain, recorded nine receptions for 83 yards against USC…tallied six catches for 143 yards including a 48-yard touchdown in the win at Oregon State…set a WSU single-game record with 15 receptions at No. 13 Arizona State, finished with 252 yards…caught five passes for 79 yards in Apple Cup…invited to play in the Reese’s Senior Bowl.

RS-JUNIOR (2013): Earned a varsity letter after appearing in all 13 games…caught 42 passes for 539 yards…tied for team lead with seven touchdown catches…averaged 12.8 yards-per-catch…second on team with nine receptions of 20-plus yards including four for touchdowns…caught two passes for 14 yards including a three-yard touchdown catch in win over Southern Utah…made four receptions for 51 yards and 20-yard touchdown in win over Idaho…caught four passes for a career-high 113 yards and two touchdowns (35, 70) in win at California…had three catches for 55 yards and a four-yard touchdown against Oregon State…made a career-high seven receptions for 79 yards at No. 2 Oregon…caught six passes for 56 yards against No. 25 Arizona State…recorded five catches for 50 yards in win at Arizona…caught four passes for 35 yards including an eight-yard touchdown catch in win over Utah…made four receptions for 43 yards at Washington…caught two passes for 38 yards including a 28-yard touchdown against Colorado State in the New Mexico Bowl..granted an additional year of eligibility by the NCAA.
Interesting observation...

Now that we've established that Mayle actually did play football, I'll give you my reasoning why I think he's better than Smelter (who I also like a lot).

Mayle plays with a lot more verticality than Smelter. Mayle uses his hands better on the ball and catches away from the body, extending his catch radius. Smelter is a body catcher and doesn't have a large catch radius.

He runs better routes than Smelter (and that has a lot to do with the system, but when comparing the two, Mayle is much quicker on his breaks and out of his cuts than Smelter).

Mayle tracks the ball better than Smelter on deep routes.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:36 AM 04-20-2015
The closer we get to draft day....I'm starting to think that more than 3 WRs go on day 1. Cooper, White and Parker are obvious day 1 picks....but I've seen more mocks and more talk now.....that we could see Perriman, Strong, Algohor and Dorsett slip into the 1st round as well.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:46 AM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:
The closer we get to draft day....I'm starting to think that more than 3 WRs go on day 1. Cooper, White and Parker are obvious day 1 picks....but I've seen more mocks and more talk now.....that we could see Perriman, Strong, Algohor and Dorsett could slip into the 1st round as well.
This draft is top heavy with playmakers. It's going to be the theme of the first round this year.
[Reply]
KevB 09:59 AM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:
The closer we get to draft day....I'm starting to think that more than 3 WRs go on day 1. Cooper, White and Parker are obvious day 1 picks....but I've seen more mocks and more talk now.....that we could see Perriman, Strong, Algohor and Dorsett could slip into the 1st round as well.
I'm not buying Agholor in the 1st, but I can definitely see the others. Perriman/Strong have the size and speed traits, while Dorsett has that one unique trait that sets him apart. I expect 5, with maybe Dorsett sneaking into the back of the 1st round.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 10:03 PM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
So, Mayle never played football?

Interesting observation...

Now that we've established that Mayle actually did play football, I'll give you my reasoning why I think he's better than Smelter (who I also like a lot).

Mayle plays with a lot more verticality than Smelter. Mayle uses his hands better on the ball and catches away from the body, extending his catch radius. Smelter is a body catcher and doesn't have a large catch radius.

He runs better routes than Smelter (and that has a lot to do with the system, but when comparing the two, Mayle is much quicker on his breaks and out of his cuts than Smelter).

Mayle tracks the ball better than Smelter on deep routes.
Mayle is a complete body catcher who plays with zero hops and fails to get separation underneath. He also ran a 4.6 forty and has average length.

Deandre Smelter, on the other hand, does go up and get the ball and against good competition and actually gets separation underneath.

[Reply]
Page 35 of 37
« First < 253132333435 3637 >
Up