ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 37
« First < 243031323334 353637 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
O.city 09:41 AM 04-14-2015
Tyler Lockett opposite maclin at the x wr.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:45 AM 04-14-2015

5'10, 185lbs... don't care. #Playmaker https://t.co/9VGtEDa6se

— Sam Monson (@PFF_Sam) April 14, 2015

[Reply]
Saccopoo 12:30 PM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:

That second, little hitch was fucking awesome.

Kid runs some sick routes with innate skills you just can't teach some dudes.

He's going to look pretty sweet in red.
[Reply]
KC native 01:27 PM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
He's going to look pretty sweet in red.
He won't be in red.

You are wrong.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 01:29 PM 04-14-2015
I can't stand the idea of Lockett in the 2nd WR position. Great slot potential, but as an every down WR getting thumped by Safeties and Corners just doesn't do it for me. Just say no to first round midgets.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:40 PM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
I can't stand the idea of Lockett in the 2nd WR position. Great slot potential, but as an every down WR getting thumped by Safeties and Corners just doesn't do it for me. Just say no to first round midgets.
Antonio Brown, TY Hilton and Randall Cobb are small guys and they play outside. I think Lockett can too
[Reply]
Saccopoo 01:41 PM 04-14-2015
A better version of Arizona's John "Harper's Fury" Brown, who was selected in the third round of last years draft, who ended his rookie season with 696 yards and five TD's.

He'll be protected with Maclin, Kelce and Charles.

He's going to be just fine.

And look super sweet in red.
[Reply]
KC native 01:56 PM 04-14-2015
A better version of Arizona's John "Harper's Fury" Brown, who was selected in the third round of last years draft, who ended his rookie season with 696 yards and five TD's.

You are wrong.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:42 PM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
He won't be in red.

You are wrong.
Cardinals, 49ers, Redskins, Falcons, Buccaneers.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:51 PM 04-14-2015
He won't be in red.

You are wrong.
too many Chiefs connections with added nepotism, he's most likely be a Chief
[Reply]
KC native 03:40 PM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Cardinals, 49ers, Redskins, Falcons, Buccaneers.
He's going to be drafted by the lions or giants or titans or bears or panthers or any other team with blue as a color.

So, you are wrong too.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 09:23 PM 04-14-2015

I expect a little more out of a first rounder, especially when the player you're referring to was taken in the 3rd round.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 09:40 PM 04-14-2015
I expect a little more out of a first rounder, especially when the player you're referring to was taken in the 3rd round.
Lockett is a second to third rounder depending on how far down the receivers get pushed.

Which is a distinct possibility as a lot of teams took WR's last year with high draft picks.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 09:41 PM 04-14-2015
He's going to be drafted by the lions or giants or titans or bears or panthers or any other team with blue as a color.

So, you are wrong too.
Damn, he's going to look really, really good in red.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:04 PM 04-15-2015
DeVante Parker is my dream pick in the first which won't happen. After that, I'd take a hard look at one of the top two corners available. I think they are very much targeting Lockett in the second, and if he's not available, Justin Hardy.

Maclin-Wilson-DAT-Lockett/Hardy-Kelce-Charles is a fucking high octane offense. I'd feel good with a #2 possession guy on the other side of Maclin (Da'Rick Rodgers?), but those listed could give a defensive coordinator fits to try and contain.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 37
« First < 243031323334 353637 >
Up