ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Chiefs 2019 Needs
pugsnotdrugs19 08:47 AM 12-29-2018
Knowing what we know now about 2019 contracts, I wanted to list some of the needs KC will have once the offseason begins at this current time. I’m hoping to see others chime in on what they feel the needs are, and also highlight positions of strength in the draft and FA to address said needs. Off the top of my head we have....

Cornerback (2-3 capable of starting)
Safety (2-3 pending Berry and Sorensen outlook)
Offensive line depth (1 center, 1 tackle)
Running back (1-2)
Wide receiver (#3 guy)
TE #2
DE (Bailey replacement and more depth)
Edge (Ford tag?)
ILB (starter)
Fullback (Sherman?)

In no particular order there, just spitballing. Fuck we have quite a few needs. Anyways, do you have any that you would add or take away and how do you want to see them addressed based on the draft and FA pools?
[Reply]
kccrow 08:04 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The Chiefs do worse stupid fucking shit all the time with the cap and make it work. We pay our punter a gajillion dollars. We give Daniel fucking Sorensen $4 mill/year.

On the list of salary cap "wrongs", this one is pretty damn low. I'd still keep him.
True. I've bitched about every last one of them too. This franchise makes some boner decisions at times...
[Reply]
Hoover 11:08 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The Chiefs do worse stupid fucking shit all the time with the cap and make it work. We pay our punter a gajillion dollars. We give Daniel fucking Sorensen $4 mill/year.

On the list of salary cap "wrongs", this one is pretty damn low. I'd still keep him.
Yeah some people said the same thing about T-Rich back in the day. The Sausage isn't going to break the bank, I'd just keep him.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:56 AM 01-09-2019
Watching the playoffs and how teams are playing us, I think Veach has the right plan.

What is the gameplan opponents use to try to beat us? It’s running the ball on us and keeping Mahomes off the field.

That has to be the first priority to fix. That doesn’t mean we ignore corner, but right now I think the best plan of action should be stopping the bleeding from teams pounding the rock.

Our rush defense is much better with Nnandi in. I think it can be even better with another strong DL or ILB, whichever is available.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:54 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
you got 16 spots there, 9 on defense. How about a move towards reality.

CB - they need 1 starting caliber. Fuller is good, Nelson is better than people here give credit and hopefully one of the youngsters (Ward) advance.
Safety - They need a starter. Watts was showing promise before his injury and Sorenson isn't bad when used correctly.
OL - You always need a fattie in the development stage. Reiter and Mckenzie are there currently. They seem to find them without much effort or capital.
RB - Unless a KH without the issues falls to you in the draft not really needed. Lindsey with the Donkeys was undrafted and could be OROY.
WR3 - Resign Hill and get Watkins healthy. WR3 doesn't get enough looks in this offense because of the playmakers ahead of them to matter.
TE2 - See WR3
DE/DL - See OL. Speaks is learning but need some more run stoppers. Sometimes it's hard to say whether it's players or scheme. They have gotten a lot of sacks this year though.
Edge/OLB - can't have too many.
ILB - Need one starter with some speed to cover a TE/RB when they come across the middle, not be a step behind so it's an easy completion for a 1st down 80% of the time.
FB - Sherman does anything you ask of him. Some teams don't even have one.

That gets it down to a half dozen or so. The Chiefs have 3 selections in the top 64 picks I believe. That leaves 2-3 for FA. Looks pretty doable to me. IMHO
Should be noted that Ward was undrafted as well.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:56 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think Sherman is one of those guys you never really know how valuable he is til he’s gone.

He’s good on special teams, good when he gets chances on offense and is a leader. You’ve gotta keep him
You pay him the minimum. If someone else wants to shell out real money for a freaking fullback, you let them do it.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:26 PM 01-09-2019
Speaks is fuckin trash.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up