ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 21
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone else think we'll be fine?
Titty Meat 06:10 PM 09-26-2021
Offense isnt going to turn it over this much every game and theres some correctable things on defense to make them a top 20 unit. With some winnable games coming up I don't see reason to worry.
[Reply]
whats good 01:56 PM 09-27-2021
teams like the chargers and raiders...are going to be a big big issue for the chiefs...i wouldnt be so sure about another sb
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:57 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The Buffalo game will determine if we are "fine."

If we don't get pressure on Allen we will likely lose and that won't bode well for the postseason.
Yeah, the fun part is we don't have to wait long to find out... it's always a bit frustrating when they lose to a contender and then you're left wondering where they're really at for weeks while they beat teams they have no business losing to.

And if they still screw around and somehow lose next week, then there's a real chance at 1-4 and needing to string together several in a row, except with the Titans, Packers, and Raiders in the way.

So, even though I think think they're still perfectly fine, they've kind of maxed out their margin for error at the moment (not that they have to play perfectly next week). I could see the Bills treating that game like a playoff game though, which again means less margin for error.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:01 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
This is exactly what I pointed out to a friend who asked me the exact question of the thread.

Those teams will likely be playoff teams. They all have good defenses. The defensive lines of all 3 have star pass rushers. And, we have a new OL that is trying to gel.

It is a bit troubling with the points we are giving up right now, but also look at the qb's we've faced. The first 4 out of 5 games are playoff teams in the AFC. We've kind of shot ourselves in the foot by losing to those types of teams, but it is what it is and you just have to make yourself better. Hammock is right - we can't lose to Buffalo.

Hopefully Sunday we get the ship righted and get our heads out of our asses. Difference is the turnovers.
Hope isn't lost just yet. We came into this season with 7/22 starters being completely new to the team and having to thrust guys like Pringle, Danna, Wharton, Baker etc. into essentially starting roles.

No one thought the Buccaneers were winning the Super Bowl last year when they were 7-5 and no one thought we were winning the Super Bowl the year before when we were 6-4.

It's a long season and the hope is to be healthy and humming like a well-oiled machine in January as opposed to September.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:02 PM 09-27-2021
We’ve seen this team meet adversity head on and win before, they’ve earned our continued confidence that they can do it again

There’s a LOT of season left to pull this back together

That’s not to say I’m not worried, between WR2 and Spags saying “sometimes I think we’re a long way away”… there are legitimate things to be concerned about

But it’s obviously way too early to throw in the towel
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:03 PM 09-27-2021
I think we'll be fine. Somehow, that "extra" game this year appears to be in our favor.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:03 PM 09-27-2021
We're either going to be fine, sort of an arrogant team that falls on its face a couple times and finally grows up a little, or we're about to see a complete meltdown like the last year Reid was in Philly.
[Reply]
wazu 04:07 PM 09-27-2021
Every time I see this thread I think of this scene.

[Reply]
Megatron96 04:12 PM 09-27-2021
Slight amendment to my first post here: We'll be fine in the AFC.

Vs. the NFC though, we aren't as complete as a couple of those teams. The Rams in particular. They look very complete now with Stafford. And it's concerning that Stafford and Jackson aren't even close to on the same page. By the playoffs they'll probably be meshed pretty well, and apparently Desean is still one of the fastest WRs in the league.

Guy's 34. Didn't some CPers tell me for the last three seasons that any player over the age of 26 was washed? I'm not seeing it with Jackson. Guy was flat outrunning guys that he could've fathered.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:17 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Every time I see this thread I think of this scene.

What a classic movie. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:22 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Slight amendment to my first post here: We'll be fine in the AFC.

Vs. the NFC though, we aren't as complete as a couple of those teams. The Rams in particular. They look very complete now with Stafford. And it's concerning that Stafford and Jackson aren't even close to on the same page. By the playoffs they'll probably be meshed pretty well, and apparently Desean is still one of the fastest WRs in the league.

Guy's 34. Didn't some CPers tell me for the last three seasons that any player over the age of 26 was washed? I'm not seeing it with Jackson. Guy was flat outrunning guys that he could've fathered.
I told motherfuckers this offseason to look out for the Rams with Stafford. I was told I was an idiot.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:23 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
We're either going to be fine, sort of an arrogant team that falls on its face a couple times and finally grows up a little, or we're about to see a complete meltdown like the last year Reid was in Philly.
I don't see this team, led by Mahomes melting down like that. Totally different lockerroom.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:26 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I told motherfuckers this offseason to look out for the Rams with Stafford. I was told I was an idiot.
Yeah, don't really understand why that's such a controversial opinion to have. McVay managed to drag Goof to a Super Bowl appearance.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:31 PM 09-27-2021
Gordon should help. Now we need an edge rusher.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:34 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, don't really understand why that's such a controversial opinion to have. McVay managed to drag Goof to a Super Bowl appearance.
yeah, and Stafford is an entirely different animal.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:41 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
:-)
Yeah, I recall that.

I said something similar, even posted some Stafford career stats, iirc. Got the expected "Your and idiot" blather. "Stat Mattford sux" or whatever.

Like I shouldn't believe my own lying eyes. Guy has been throwing darts. He looks like Rodgers with some of those throws he's been making this season.

Coupled with that defense, which still isn't a true shut-down defense (no idea why not), but well-populated with top-tier talent, and the Rams are the team in the NFC.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 21
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up