ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 21
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone else think we'll be fine?
Titty Meat 06:10 PM 09-26-2021
Offense isnt going to turn it over this much every game and theres some correctable things on defense to make them a top 20 unit. With some winnable games coming up I don't see reason to worry.
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 07:54 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Patrick is not the problem.
Him improvising has been what makes him special, and his stats show that he is just as good outside of the pocket.

People are quick to see x2 INT's on his stat sheet from yesterday and claim Pat had a bad day..., but those INT's were not his fault. The second one??? maybe a tad, but in the wind... balls tend to sail. It was basically a punt on 3rd down.

CEH is the problem.
Trash WR's who can't catch the ball is the problem.
Players getting the ball punched out is now the problem.
The defense is the problem.
Patrick being good outside of the pocket is great, but it's still a problem if receivers are not getting open on their planned routes or Pat doesn't trust them. Improv is plan B. We need to figure out why plan A is not working as often as it should. And it's probably safe to assume that much of it comes down to him not having an effective/trusted receiving option outside of Kelce and Reek, but again, I don't have all-22. But we can't expect to put it all on Mahomes back to carry this team every damn play with hero ball, it is too much to ask of anyone.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:58 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen:
Patrick being good outside of the pocket is great, but it's still a problem if receivers are not getting open on their planned routes or Pat doesn't trust them. Improv is plan B. We need to figure out why plan A is not working as often as it should.
It seemed like plan A was working consistently vs the Browns and Ravens. This last game not as much, but again, that's been a consistent theme vs the Chargers the last few years. Mahomes has had I think two of his three worst games against that defense.

I have very few concerns about the offense. The line isn't as strong as I hoped, but they'll get better and better. Turnovers aren't going to be a consistent issue.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:09 AM 09-27-2021
We’ve played our worst football in the Andy Reid era since the start of the 2015 season when we were 1-5. I see a lot of parallels to that. Despite that we’ve barely lost our 2 games and one of them we had it won.

This is also a personnel issue. Frank Clark, despite what many think, is better an old busted Alex Okafor. Willie Gay will make a big difference and I think Juan will step back in at S in time.

This team went about 2 years cruising being the best. They did whatever they wanted and got away with it. Now some attrition has happened and teams have a better handle on them and it’s not so easy anymore.

It’s time for some adjustments and a look within for these guys.
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 08:13 AM 09-27-2021
I want to see us be able to consistently score from within the red zone for a few more games and I will start feeling a lot better about the offense. The screen pass td to CEH was a good start. Shovel plays/sweeps to our speedsters should not be our bread and butter, and it feels like we've had to "go there" too often since we lost Kareem
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:15 AM 09-27-2021
They will bounce back for sure. I see them making the playoffs but making it to The Super Bowl will be a tough task for sure. It’s got to be mentally and physically exhausting to do what the Chiefs have done the past 3 years. Hard to maintain that edge and drive. Other teams are just hungrier right now for what the Chiefs have already achieved.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:20 AM 09-27-2021
If the power running attack develops into what I think it can by December I do think they have a chance to go on a historic run in the postseason.

Running the ball late in games might cover up for the defense a lot.

I don't think the defense is getting better. I actually think it might get worse as more film develops on these losers.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:24 AM 09-27-2021
Football season doesn't even start until Thanksgiving. Then the real games begin in January. It's still baseball season.
[Reply]
Spott 08:36 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Patrick is not the problem.
Him improvising has been what makes him special, and his stats show that he is just as good outside of the pocket.

People are quick to see x2 INT's on his stat sheet from yesterday and claim Pat had a bad day..., but those INT's were not his fault. The second one??? maybe a tad, but in the wind... balls tend to sail. It was basically a punt on 3rd down.

CEH is the problem.
Trash WR's who can't catch the ball is the problem.
Players getting the ball punched out is now the problem.
The defense is the problem.
He’s had two terrible interceptions in the last two games that are arguably the two worst decisions of his career, so I wouldn’t say that he hasn’t been part of the problem. He also fumbled near the goal line yesterday and we would be looking at 7 turnovers in 5 quarters if it hadn’t been recovered by KC.
[Reply]
VAChief 08:44 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We’ve played our worst football in the Andy Reid era since the start of the 2015 season when we were 1-5. I see a lot of parallels to that. Despite that we’ve barely lost our 2 games and one of them we had it won.

This is also a personnel issue. Frank Clark, despite what many think, is better an old busted Alex Okafor. Willie Gay will make a big difference and I think Juan will step back in at S in time.

This team went about 2 years cruising being the best. They did whatever they wanted and got away with it. Now some attrition has happened and teams have a better handle on them and it’s not so easy anymore.

^^^This is my best hope^^^

They scored 92 points in the first three games and had uncharacteristic turnovers. Looking at the schedule it wasn't hard to imagine they could face some challenges.

The room for error is narrowing for sure. One thing I believe is that once righted, I think the difference in the past was we knew unless we secured home field (all though we still choked pre-Mahomes) we were done, I don't think that matters as much with Mahomes. If they can fix some holes on the defense, maybe Veach gets a couple of pick ups (ala Pennel and Suggs) that solidifies the run game...the offense should get better and more consistent barring injuries.

Tough start, but not the end of the world.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:54 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Funny who NEVER shows their face when the other side of the snarkfest passionately, VEHEMENTLY, scoffs that ABSOLUTELY NO ONE ANYWHERE is satisfied with a shitty defense.

But that's fine, I have the stremph for a two-front war. :-)

If I had a nickel for every argument I've had on this BB where half the people argue that 'no one is saying' and the other half are equally passionately 'saying' at the same time, with no shame, remorse, or recognition between them.

But they're showing up, and given your 'conclusion' above, it's odd that you snark about the low standards of Packers fans.
I do love absolutely all hyperbole everywhere any time always!

Well, the Packers were a play away from being 1-2 and the Chiefs were a play or two from being 2-1... that's sports, the results of a play or two cause mass hysteria (hyperbole!) or "figuring it out", even when the other 99% of the game yielded similar results.

And I'm quite sure the coaches and players aren't satisfied with shit defense, and an effort like the first half yesterday isn't an acceptable use of my bandwidth, much less time or other fans' money.

Yet, for people (in general) to say they're a .500 team is just as ridiculous as saying the 2010 Cassel-led team would make noise in the playoffs become they were 3-0.

Obviously, the ultimate goal is to win Super Bowls and they wouldn'thave won one in the past couple weeks, but just because people want a top defense (or top 15 or top 20) doesn't mean the Chiefs need one... and I'm perfectly fine watching a bad defense win Super Bowls.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:06 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Unless they kicked a 24 yard field goal from outside the red zone, I don't think that stat is true anymore. (Granted they allowed one that was negated by a penalty but...)
Also, when you have teams going for it on 4 and 3 give or take in the redzone instead of kicking the FG, put tremendous pressure on the defense. Yes, we should get a stop, but 4 down mentality makes it far more difficult.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:11 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
The biggest hope for the defense might be that they decide to give the snaps they're giving to Neimann and Sorensen (and others) to youngsters. Maybe it won't work, but it doesn't seem like these guys are at replacement level anymore. (or in some cases, never were)
I would like to see Gay in for Niemann, but Bolton really struggled yesterday. He will be a good player, but he was out of position on many drops and was constantly getting trapped and not taking on the guard who was folding on him...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:19 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I would say you’re barking up the right tree here and I would also add, it’s the best time of the year to be having these issues if you’re gonna have ‘em. Now you’ve got several weeks, starting as of last week, to really try and evolve things in order to find the best paths to victory. Really, they had it figured out yesterday besides the early turnovers or else we are having a totally different conversation today.

I don’t think it’s the worst thing in the world to see your team’s flaws early in the year and then have a full season to figure out how to best work around those as opposed to seeing them revealed in November, December. I hate to bring it back up, but it felt like many of the Pats championship teams were that way early in the year. Once they figured out how to win with what they had, it was like the opposition couldn’t get a feel on them again.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:23 AM 09-27-2021
The Defense played better yesterday, unfortunately the offense decided to turn the ball over on their first 3 possessions. They were wore out before halftime. Our D isn't good enough to overcome that, so the O has to be on point every week or well be seeing a lot more of these heartbreaking losses this year. Hopefully AR is ok and can right the ship by figuring out how to get Reek and Zeus involved in the game. If he does, WBF. If not, we're fucked
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:25 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Also, when you have teams going for it on 4 and 3 give or take in the redzone instead of kicking the FG, put tremendous pressure on the defense. Yes, we should get a stop, but 4 down mentality makes it far more difficult.
Yeah, I hate using the whole "we got their A+++++ game!!!", but the Browns were treating it like a playoff game (whether they're always doing that kind of thing now) and you could clearly see it was a huge game for the Ravens.

The whole "target on their back" thing makes sense when it comes to a team taking more chances and narrowing the Chiefs' margin for error... and there have obviously been a lot of errors.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 21
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up