ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 192
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Halfcan 09:57 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Williams will be 33 in July. Brown will be 25 in May. Chiefs get their first year with Brown on a rookie contract. Brown hasn't missed a game in his first 3 seasons, 48 games played (100%). Williams hasn't played a full season since 2013. Last 3 seasons, only 37 games played (77%). Brown had 11 penalties in the last 3 years. Williams had 19 in the same period. Also note, Veach has said that the Chiefs probably would not have been able to sign Jarran Reed if they had landed Williams.

No games have been played yet, but I suspect that Williams going back to the 49ers may have been the best thing for the Chiefs. So the Chiefs dropped from the 31st pick to the 58th pick. (And swapped some late round picks. The '22 picks might be better than some expect if the Ravens have a crappy '21.) Overall, small price to pay when looking at the big picture. Chiefs won the trade in my eyes. Can't wait to see the new o-line in action. Will be betting the over on every Chiefs game. :-)
:-) Great post. 49ers have been in free-fall since we beat their asses. Their entire offseason smells like desperation.
[Reply]
frozenchief 10:02 PM 04-26-2021
I know that OBJ isn’t the greatest run blocker, but ..... I think CEH will be a real beneficiary of this new line. Thuney and Blythe in the interior will do better than we’ve had and should open up some holes for him to run. This line should also give time and room for more screens this year than last and CEH will be a primary beneficiary of those passes.

Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed. I’m not reading through 80 some pages to see if this particular post has been made.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:04 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Would you rather have Trent Williams or Orlando Brown and Jarran Reed?
:-)

Plus, whoever we get with their 2nd rounder.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:08 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
I know that OBJ isn’t the greatest run blocker, but ..... I think CEH will be a real beneficiary of this new line. Thuney and Blythe in the interior will do better than we’ve had and should open up some holes for him to run. This line should also give time and room for more screens this year than last and CEH will be a primary beneficiary of those passes.

Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed. I’m not reading through 80 some pages to see if this particular post has been made.
Brown looks like a pretty good run blocking to me- he is unstoppable once he gets going. Better than Fish ever was. Definite upgrade.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:32 PM 04-26-2021

He's a top notch run blocker. Top notch.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:39 PM 04-26-2021
how the fuck is a 6-8 344 behemoth with fucking 500 foot arms not a devastating run blocker?

get the fuck outta here
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:18 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
how the fuck is a 6-8 344 behemoth with fucking 500 foot arms not a devastating run blocker?

get the fuck outta here
Film reviews I’ve seen of him describe him as a better pass blocker than run blocker and that Fisher was probably the equivalent in run blocking. TL;DR, we should have better pass blocking and run blocking will be roughly equivalent if not a small step back. PRimary one that sticks out is Keysor Chiefs in the North film review of several games. And Browndid,ok noticeably better pass blocking than run blocking. Maybe it’s just film chosen for review.

Disagree or not. I don’t care. My primary point is that CEH should post noticeably better numbers next year with This line.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:40 PM 04-26-2021
Film reviews I’ve seen of him describe him as a better pass blocker than run blocker and that Fisher was probably the equivalent in run blocking. TL;DR, we should have better pass blocking and run blocking will be roughly equivalent if not a small step back. PRimary one that sticks out is Keysor Chiefs in the North film review of several games. And Browndid,ok noticeably better pass blocking than run blocking. Maybe it’s just film chosen for review.

Disagree or not. I don’t care. My primary point is that CEH should post noticeably better numbers next year with This line.
Wut
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:55 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Lol, no one is panicking and that has nothing to do with it being a bad move. But there was quite a bit of chatter when Houston did the same with Tunsil, and he ended up with a gigantic contract.
The Texans gave up a

2020 1st
2021 1st and 2nd

They literally had no other solid options to play LT and Watson was taking a shit ton of sacks. Tunsil had all of the leverage in those negotiations because the Texans had no way of replacing him through the draft and good LTs pretty much never become available in FA.

The Chiefs would be just fine if they didn't sign Brown long term. They will have the cap space to franchise him if they have to and have a player that could possibly replace him in Niang. The Chiefs won't let Brown push their shit in like the Texans let Tunsil do.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:03 AM 04-27-2021
When we played BAL in KC there was a drive where BAL ran five or six running plays in a row after a Kelce TD. Four of those runs were right behind Orlando Brown on thr right side. There was no answer.

"The Hulk" Allen Bailey manned up on one third and short for a stop. I've watched a lot of Brown top. He's the only guy I've seen out muscle Brown head to head. That was only one play, but a big play by Bailey.

Case in point Brown is a devastating run blocker. They simply don't push him backwards. Once he locks on that defender is canceled out 90% of the time. You can't ask for much more.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:53 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
When we played BAL in KC there was a drive where BAL ran five or six running plays in a row after a Kelce TD. Four of those runs were right behind Orlando Brown on thr right side. There was no answer.

"The Hulk" Allen Bailey manned up on one third and short for a stop. I've watched a lot of Brown top. He's the only guy I've seen out muscle Brown head to head. That was only one play, but a big play by Bailey.

Case in point Brown is a devastating run blocker. They simply don't push him backwards. Once he locks on that defender is canceled out 90% of the time. You can't ask for much more.
Idk how he could suck ass on the bench but yet be this strong
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:04 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Not sure who this Jones is that you speak of. Guessing you meant Brown. I like the 2 ,2 , 4, 5, 5. 6 AND Brown along with all the other perks in my original post. Better than the prospect of a long term deal with an oft-injured 33 year old tackle protecting PM's blindside. As I mentioned before, Williams hasn't completed a full regular season since 2013. And the other options at LT all seem to pale in comparison to Brown. Can't remember the last time a 3rd and 4th pick were the deciding factors in a winning season, let alone a SB win. Chiefs will be just fine with their current roster and draft picks.
Williams is the best left tackle in the NFL, bar none, which is why he was the Chiefs first preference.

Stating that Chiefs would be better without Williams and four draft picks is absurd.

Also, I edited my post five minutes before you posted so you wouldn’t have seen the word Jones because it has been changed by that point.

Why am I not surprised at your disengenousness?
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:20 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Williams is the best left tackle in the NFL, bar none, which is why he was the Chiefs first preference.

Stating that Chiefs would be better without Williams and four draft picks is absurd.

Also, I edited my post five minutes before you posted so you wouldn’t have seen the word Jones because it has been changed by that point.

Why am I not surprised at your disengenousness?
My problem with Williams is his age and the fact that he has been injured and missed games several times over several seasons. Most OTs start falling off a cliff in their early 30's and it's extremely rare for one to be productive at 35 and on. Trent Williams will be 33 when the season begins and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he has a sharp decline.

Losing Williams is 100% the best outcome considering we got Brown, even with us losing pick 31. I would absolutely hate paying Williams that monster contract just to see him hurt or suck for the duration of it.
[Reply]
Chieftain 01:40 AM 04-27-2021
Not signing Williams surely was a blessing. Still mindboggling the Ravens made the trade and gave us their 2nd.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:52 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Not signing Williams surely was a blessing. Still mindboggling the Ravens made the trade and gave us their 2nd.
Tbh I don’t think anyone was worried after us not signing Williams because Veach always has a plan and I mean always!!
[Reply]
Page 85 of 192
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Up