ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 192
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:49 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
While people love playing for this team, at the end of the day money talks. He is gonna want what he feels he is worth. If KC pays it then great, if not and someone else will he could easily leave.
Worse case scenarios is that we tag and trade him after this year and probably recoup at least a 2, or we lose him in free agency and get a 3rd round comp pick... This was a good deal no matter what.
[Reply]
notorious 04-26-2021, 07:59 AM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
tredadda 08:41 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I’m sure Bart Vetch is just winging it and hasn’t even thought about this.
I don't doubt this. It's more of a refute of the belief he will stay here just because of the culture.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:45 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Worse case scenarios is that we tag and trade him after this year and probably recoup at least a 2, or we lose him in free agency and get a 3rd round comp pick... This was a good deal no matter what.
No doubt it was a good deal. He is better than anyone else we could have gotten at #31 and to trade up for someone with his potential would have cost us more than what we just paid. He's already a better run blocker than Fisher so if he's as good or better than Fisher in pass blocking we win this trade by a mile. Look at how much better our offense was with Fisher in the lineup.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:54 AM 04-26-2021
Yet another reason that this deal was pretty much necessary...

The Vikings are making calls trying to trade UP from #14 in hopes that Slater or Sewell fall, probably to #7 where the Lions pick.

As I mentioned in my posts about trading up to get a tackle, I felt like the Chiefs would have to get ahead of the Chargers at #13 AND the Vikings at #14. If the Vikings trade up, that would make it even harder for the Chiefs to get in range to get Darrisaw because the point of trading with Detroit would be to get in front of Carolina.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:57 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
No people are avoiding the hell out of the actual topic of "over paying for protection".
Do people actually think they overpaid?

I am one of the most vocal "playmakers over fatties" people on this board and this deal was not only necessary, it was an absolute fucking no-brainer. They stole a 24-year old pro bowl tackle for essentially a mid-2nd round pick.
[Reply]
O.city 09:16 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yet another reason that this deal was pretty much necessary...

The Vikings are making calls trying to trade UP from #14 in hopes that Slater or Sewell fall, probably to #7 where the Lions pick.

As I mentioned in my posts about trading up to get a tackle, I felt like the Chiefs would have to get ahead of the Chargers at #13 AND the Vikings at #14. If the Vikings trade up, that would make it even harder for the Chiefs to get in range to get Darrisaw because the point of trading with Detroit would be to get in front of Carolina.
It was just going to end up costing too much. As we've discussed I was pro trading up, but to get up anywhere near where they need to get it was just going to be outrageous.

One of the guys that go early in this draft may end up being better than Orlando, but cost factors in.

We essentially gave up a mid 2nd for him. Now we will have to pay him, but he's got alot of potential upside.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:20 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Do people actually think they overpaid?

I am one of the most vocal "playmakers over fatties" people on this board and this deal was not only necessary, it was an absolute ****ing no-brainer. They stole a 24-year old pro bowl tackle for essentially a mid-2nd round pick.
Exactly. I was hoping for Williams, but only because I assumed OBJ wasn't really an option. KC is in a far better position now than if they had landed Williams. SF fisted themselves at the last minute...again.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:22 AM 04-26-2021
I honestly have zero idea why anyone is worried about whether KC will pay OBJ.

You're always going to have to pay your LT.

There's no way in hell Veach doesn't already know that.

There's no way you don't pay a pro-bowl level LT who is 24 years old when you were prepared to go all in on 32 year old Trent Williams and pay him north of $20m per year.

It's possible that we wait and see him in this offense this year before we do so, but I have every expectation that if OBJ plays well here, we lock him up for the long haul.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:30 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
We truly own a Lamborghini QB and either we protect him at all cost or we don't. :
Would you do the deal that Houston made for Laremy Tunsil to get Orlando Brown Jr.?

I would not. That's too much.

If you would do the Houston deal for OBJ, would you be willing to throw in MORE than what they gave up for Tunsil? How much more?
[Reply]
-King- 09:31 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

There's no way you don't pay a pro-bowl level LT who is 24 years old when you were prepared to go all in on 32 year old Trent Williams and pay him north of $20m per year.

It's possible that we wait and see him in this offense this year before we do so, but I have every expectation that if OBJ plays well here, we lock him up for the long haul.
Yeah this. I'm 100% sure they know they're going to pay him, but obj likely just wants a year to prove he deserves to be a top paid LT.
[Reply]
wazu 09:33 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah this. I'm 100% sure they know they're going to pay him, but obj likely just wants a year to prove he deserves to be a top paid LT.
Which is awesome. Come in here and work your butt off. Earn the right to protect the greatest player the world has ever seen, and get paid accordingly.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:37 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Exactly. And if Fisher doesn't get hurt we were going to pay real money on an extension for him. Getting a OBJ who is on the final year of his rookie contract is steal for the Chiefs. The question is going to be can we resign him without tagging him. I hope we can.

BTW: We are paying Brown like 80k more than we are paying Mike Remmers this year. LOL

The entire line group is only costing the Chiefs 26M in 2021 or about 14% of our cap. That's a fucking bargain.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:39 AM 04-26-2021
Honestly, it probably behooves the Chiefs to wait on OBJ's contract.

Extend him now? You're gonna do it for top LT money.

Extend him at the end of the season? You're gonna do it for top LT money.

Have him play on the tag next year? You guessed it-- just for one year, but it's still gonna be a crapton of money.

At least if you wait, you can make dead certain he's going to do well playing LT for your offense and not Lamar's offense.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:41 AM 04-26-2021
Chiefs rebuilt o-line costs less than every other AFC west team this season.

We have the Cheapest Line in the AFC.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:42 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
bruh, he carries a fox tail for good luck

to the ship again and again

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Page 74 of 192
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Up