D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Gaz gives this draft an A++++++++++++++ 9 5.59%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>**** OFFICIAL 2024 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS DRAFT GRADE ****
TLO 07:16 PM 04-27-2024
Yes - it's way too early to know anything for sure, but who gives a shit.

Grade the Chiefs draft.

Poll.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:36 AM 04-28-2024
Veach and his team killed it.

best value 2024 NFL draft classes

1. Lions
2. Dolphins
3. Chiefs
4. Steelers
5. Eagles
6. Saints
7. Ravens
8. Broncos
9. Vikings
10. Rams

see pic for 1-32 plus methodology

READ FOR FULL ANALYSIS:https://t.co/nIqmEa50Rm

team-by-team & round-by-round analysis to follow �� pic.twitter.com/7civLHt5zD

— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
Toad 08:58 AM 04-28-2024
Could not be more pleased…
This 2024 draft appears to have landed at a really good intersection of value and need.
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:10 AM 04-28-2024
Has to be an "A" right? All of the sudden you look up and there's not enough space in the overhead compartment to cram in an Ipad. Grade by what is gone from a Super Bowl winner:

-MVS, Richie James, Hardman
-Blake Bell
-Donovan Smith? Probable last hurrah for Thuney and Trey?
-Neil Farell (Lovett)? Jack Cochrane or Christiansen (Jacobs)?
-Deon Bush, Mike Edwards, and probably Reid's last year?

The roster is young and deep (we tend to forget about guys that are/could be ready to contribute from last year - Nazeeh, Nic Jones, Boye-Doe, and just got better. If Kinglsey has drive, desire, and aptitude greater than Kinnard and Niang, and Wiley can replicate what his tape shows and learn tricks of the trade from Kelce, this could be an A+++ draft, especially given the annual #32 spot. Worthy allows the option of a one-and-done Hollywood and the acquisistion of a more traditional #1 next year, and Hicks could be a multi-contract steal, and defensive leader (admittedly only saw Wazzu play one game).

"These are great days we're livin bros"
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:13 AM 04-28-2024

A draft grade is just a repackaged prediction

— Eric Eager ���� (@ericeager_) April 28, 2024

[Reply]
Pointer19 10:57 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This draft was so good we're going to invent a new alphabet with characters going above A to represent the draft grade Veach gets.
The Japanese already did that: S is better than A for some reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tier_list
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 02:25 PM 04-28-2024

Just a reminder that #NFL Draft Grades and prospect rankings sometimes mean nothing and are wrong.

After the #Chiefs traded up to select Patrick Mahomes, who some deemed a 2nd round project, many analysts gave KC a C and D for the pick.

The trade (another with the #Bills):… pic.twitter.com/cjbnj56osK

— Frankie V (@FrankieVitz) April 28, 2024

[Reply]
kevrunner 06:23 PM 04-28-2024
If anyone is interested, I came across this, it’s a compilation of around 20 different analysts draft grades for each team.

🏈🧑🏻*🎓 I´ve compiled 20 evaluations of the 2024 NFL draft and totaled the team grades.
Here is the spreadsheet. Sorted by GPA for all 32 teams.
I also sorted the 20 evaluations by GPA. From left (soft graders) to right (hard graders).
Thanks to all who give out grades every year! pic.twitter.com/53EozhxKQT

— René Bugner (@RNBWCV) April 28, 2024

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:30 PM 04-28-2024
Veach is working to change the narrative from, "It's rigged for the Chiefs to win" to "It's going to have to be rigged for the Chiefs to lose"
[Reply]
Pauly D 06:53 PM 04-28-2024
I'll say an A

We filled positions of need, got good value and didn't reach. We also worked a couple of our rivals in trades. Obviously it's unknown how these prospects pan out but in terms of navigating the draft board and addressing needs I felt we did a really good job.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:55 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Pauly D:
I'll say an A

We filled positions of need, got good value and didn't reach. We also worked a couple of our rivals in trades. Obviously it's unknown how these prospects pan out but in terms of navigating the draft board and addressing needs I felt we did a really good job.
You saved me a post
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:06 PM 04-28-2024
Veach’s patience really impressed me. He has a tremendous read on what other teams are going to do.

I think we’d all (mostly agree) that LT was a bigger need than WR. Veach probably agrees, but read the board correctly to wait for the LT because he knew his guy would still be there late in the second based on what the other teams did.

The first two rounds would’ve kinda sucked (understandably) if we took a LT that needs some work then settled for a WR in the second.

Instead, Veach took an otherworldly talent at WR that wouldn’t be there in the second then took the LT that needed work in the second.

Just great work.
[Reply]
Oxford 07:11 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Veach’s patience really impressed me. He has a tremendous read on what other teams are going to do.

I think we’d all (mostly agree) that LT was a bigger need than WR. Veach probably agrees, but read the board correctly to wait for the LT because he knew his guy would still be there late in the second based on what the other teams did.

The first two rounds would’ve kinda sucked (understandably) if we took a LT that needs some work then settled for a WR in the second.

Instead, Veach took an otherworldly talent at WR that wouldn’t be there in the second then took the LT that needed work in the second.

Just great work.
I'd be curious to know if the Chiefs have more resourses in the scouting department than other teams. It seems like their intelligence on other teams is really solid. It cant be just luck
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:17 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Oxford:
I'd be curious to know if the Chiefs have more resourses in the scouting department than other teams. It seems like their intelligence on other teams is really solid. It cant be just luck
Sure seems that way.

I mean, taking the chance that your LT will be there in the second round? Can’t be luck.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up