Page 15 of 52
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trey Smith Thread*****
Dante84 03:34 PM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:10 AM 06-10-2021
Kyle Long injury may be a blessing in disguise in the long run... seems like I hear nothing but positives about smith
[Reply]
O.city 11:26 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think there's not doubt he's the highest upside OG.

I have doubts that Reid will roll with three rookies from OC-RT, and I think Humphrey and Niang's upside at key spots mean they'll get every opportunity to win those spots.

So I think from an experience stand-point, Smith would be odd man out. I would think Andy would want a vet in between those two first year guys, and LDT has experience in this offense.
Stop worrying about rookies or experience. These 3 may just be too talented to not play.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:30 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Stop worrying about rookies or experience. These 3 may just be too talented to not play.
We can all hope that's the case but it's not really Andy's MO to play that many rookies together. We'll see.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:31 AM 06-10-2021
He's right. Andy isn't starting 3 rooks across the line all next to each other like that. At least one of our vets will be starting.
[Reply]
O.city 11:32 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We can all hope that's the case but it's not really Andy's MO to play that many rookies together. We'll see.
Would you play LDT or Wylie at LG just because of experience?

If those 3 are the best and playing the best, play them. Experience be damned.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:34 AM 06-10-2021
Would you play LDT or Wylie at LG just because of experience?

If those 3 are the best and playing the best, play them. Experience be damned.
Thuney is the LG.

We're talking about RG.

And I think chances are good that Blythe or LDT start the season as the starting RG if Niang wins the RT job.

Honestly, I think we might be looking at Smith at RG and Remmers at RT. I hate to say it but if it's between Smith, Humphrey, and Niang, I think Niang is the one least likely to win a starting job out of those 3.
[Reply]
O.city 11:37 AM 06-10-2021
Thuney is the LG.

We're talking about RG.

And I think chances are good that Blythe or LDT start the season as the starting RG if Niang wins the RT job.

Honestly, I think we might be looking at Smith at RG and Remmers at RT. I hate to say it but if it's between Smith, Humphrey, and Niang, I think Niang is the one least likely to win a starting job out of those 3.
We'll see.

Humphrey was the consensus best C in the draft and highly rated, Smith is supposedly a top 50 draft pick with health concerns and a healthy Niang was supposedly a first rounder.

Atleast that's what we've heard.

If they're the best 3, they'll play.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:51 AM 06-10-2021
We'll see.

Humphrey was the consensus best C in the draft and highly rated, Smith is supposedly a top 50 draft pick with health concerns and a healthy Niang was supposedly a first rounder.

Atleast that's what we've heard.

If they're the best 3, they'll play.
You can be the most physically gifted but if you are missing assignments due to lack of experience that's a problem. Taking that risk times 3 isn't smart.
[Reply]
O.city 11:53 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
You can be the most physically gifted but if you are missing assignments due to lack of experience that's a problem. Taking that risk times 3 isn't smart.
There's only so much you can learn on the bench.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:54 AM 06-10-2021
Thuney is the LG.

We're talking about RG.

No way Niang is least likely to beat out Remmers.

Remmers is a T.Rex armed career back-up.

Niang was a consensus first round talent before getting hurt. He's a prototype OT.

LDT or Blythe have at least been decent starting quality NFL offensive linemen. Either of them are more likely to win a starting spot than Remmers at RT.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:56 AM 06-10-2021
There's just no way Andy's rolling with 3 first year linemen from Center to Right Tackle.

No way.

Now, you put a vet in there that knows what he's doing and what he's looking at in regards to stunts and blitzes and what have you in between two rooks and I'll buy it.
[Reply]
O.city 12:04 PM 06-10-2021
Humphrey is a 2nd round, highly touted C prospect who started at a high end college in a big offense.

Smith was supposedly a top 50 pick hampered with injury issue. Same with Niang.

It's not like you're starting 3 late round dudes.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:08 PM 06-10-2021
There's just no way Andy's rolling with 3 first year linemen from Center to Right Tackle.

No way.

Now, you put a vet in there that knows what he's doing and what he's looking at in regards to stunts and blitzes and what have you in between two rooks and I'll buy it.
While I agree that is Reid's mindset - I think Humphries, Smith, and Niang are not your typical rookies.

Humphries is most likely to start day one.

I think heading into camp LDT and Remmers will be penciled in as the starters because of Reid's mindset. All that said, I believe Reid when he says the best five will play and that's where Blythe, Niang and Smith all have a shot to win the starting spots. The rookies will have to earn it, but I can see the Chiefs going with two rookies on the line to start the season.

Frankly, its in the best interest of the team over the long term to do so. So while Veach doesn't make that call, I think he going to want to see what he has.

Honestly, I think Andy and Co want to give Remmers a shot to prove that he's not crap like the last time we saw him. I hate that, but it is what it is I guess.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:09 PM 06-10-2021

No way.

On paper, I would think that if you had to pick a vet over a rookie starter, you're looking at

Blythe vs Humphrey
LDT/Wylie/Allegretti vs Smith
Remmers vs. Niang

I think Niang will absolutely get the nod over Remmers. The talent disparity is huge there.

I think LDT will be the starter the coaches are 'rooting' for, but he's coming off a year's break. Smith will have to continue to show out hardcore to win that spot.

I think Blythe has the healthiest veteran experience out of these vets, in terms of recently being on the field, being in a passing offense, playing in the playoffs & Super Bowl, etc...Buuuuut Humphrey might be the most "sure thing" out of these 3 rookies, so he could win the spot on that alone.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:12 PM 06-10-2021
No way Niang is least likely to beat out Remmers.

Remmers is a T.Rex armed career back-up.

Niang was a consensus first round talent before getting hurt. He's a prototype OT.

LDT or Blythe have at least been decent starting quality NFL offensive linemen. Either of them are more likely to win a starting spot than Remmers at RT.
Andy loves Remmers, though. It's just one of his things.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 52
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up