ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 167
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:07 PM 04-29-2021
I’m so thankful to be a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Brad Vaughan would never allow bullshit like this to happen.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 03:08 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’m so thankful to be a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Brad Vaughan would never allow bullshit like this to happen.
Also Mahomes isn't a bitter prick like Aaron Rodgers.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 03:08 PM 04-29-2021
I love the split. Items either he’s a douche and deserves it, or fuck the packers they don’t take care of him.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:10 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I love the split. Items either he’s a douche and deserves it, or fuck the packers they don’t take care of him.
Boffum
[Reply]
sedated 03:13 PM 04-29-2021
Lets not forget, Brett Favre was so pissed with the GB organization he made it his goal to go to the Vikings so he could F them up twice a year.
[Reply]
Shields68 03:14 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I love the split. Items either he’s a douche and deserves it, or **** the packers they don’t take care of him.
Put me down for he is a douche and the Packers didn't take care of him or pamper him the way some teams do franchise QB's.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 03:14 PM 04-29-2021

NFL news: Aaron Rodgers reportedly would accept trade to #Raiders https://t.co/dkXyclS2DK

— Bill Williamson (@BWilliamsonNFL) April 29, 2021

[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 03:16 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
If he is unhappy with the lack of playmakers on Green Bay's offense, good luck with the Raiders offense.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:16 PM 04-29-2021
Yeah, Mike Florio would be the absolute last source I'd trust with anything regarding Rodgers. They aren't fond of each other and it's not a secret.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:17 PM 04-29-2021
Every big name QB from last season besides Mahomes and Brady are cursed:

Brees: retired
Rodgers: pissed
Wilson: pissed
Watson: alleged oiled anus predator
Roethlisberger: clearly about done
Rivers: retired
Allen: meltdown in the AFCCG
Lamar: still sucks in the postseason
Burrow: season ending injury
Lock: sucks
Carr: just good enough to keep his team from moving on
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:18 PM 04-29-2021

[Reply]
Chiefnj2 03:18 PM 04-29-2021
38 mil cap hit if he leaves, correct?
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:18 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He failed in the champ game again. Defense gave him 3 picks and he did shit with it. He [played lights out and got another MVP but when the chips were on the line he curled up into a ball and failed.
This is true...it couldnt have been gift-wrapped any better...Home field in winter against a Florida team...3 INTS.
[Reply]
Shields68 03:18 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Now if the Raiders just had enough to get it done. It would help if someone actually thought Love was the answer. But I doubt the 17th pick is going to be the headliner of any deal.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:18 PM 04-29-2021
apology for poor english

when were you when aron roge trade?

i was sat at home eating cheese curd when hank ring

‘aron is trade’

‘no’
[Reply]
Page 12 of 167
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up