6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:06 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
And the Wildcard is Sherman's ownership. I don't think they would be afraid to add payroll if meant getting a player to push them over the top at the trade deadline.
what type of player would that be? A pitcher? I don't know that it makes much sense to replace any position players at this point, as they are either all contributing, recently signed to a free agent deal, or have the heir apparent waiting in the wings in the minors and could contribute more success to the team now, potentially.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:24 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Love the Royals. Just don't think they are going to win the Central or win a Wild Card spot. Amazing how people don't understand fandom and reality are two different things. It's like the K-State fan who picks their team to win the NCAA Tournament when they happen to make the tournament and squeak in as a 11 seed.
LOL - you must not know many K-State fans.:-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:29 AM 04-27-2021

A note on Royals 3B Hunter Dozier: His hard-hit rate right now (42.9 percent) is the highest of his career. And his BABIP (.150) is the lowest of his career. Can't overreact to this start. A lot of unluckiness.

— Alec Lewis (@alec_lewis) April 27, 2021

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:44 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don't buy that this team is this good. BUT some things in their favor:

1) The ball is deadened from previous years. This plays up teams that focus on speed and defense like Kansas City does. (It also has turned Jacob deGrom into an unhittable god because his stuff is so good he can just pound the strike zone with it and no one can touch it).
We are 11th in batting average, at .237. Ha ha! League avg is a woeful .232. At least we are 2nd in lowest K%

We are also 2nd in FG baserunning. But only 22nd in fielding. Ryan was talking about us being 29th in DRS despite Michael Taylor leading baseball. I think our defense is prob better than the metrics thus far

Originally Posted by :
2) The SP has been strong, even with Keller struggling. It will even out some, but there's help on the way, too (Lynch, Lacy).
I’d include Bubic.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:52 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
We are 11th in batting average, at .237. Ha ha! League avg is a woeful .232. At least we are 2nd in lowest K%

We are also 2nd in FG baserunning. But only 22nd in fielding. Ryan was talking about us being 29th in DRS despite Michael Taylor leading baseball. I think our defense is prob better than the metrics thus far

I’d include Bubic.
I like Kowar as well. He's got a plus FB and Changeup, and if he can get a more consistent Curve in his repertoire, then he's got a real chance to be in the rotation in the next 2 years.....or a heck of a nice trade piece.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:07 AM 04-27-2021
THE ROYALS ARE GOING ALL THE WAY BEYBEEEEEE
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:10 AM 04-27-2021
Hey, if they can play .500 baseball this year that's a major improvement. At least they've been fun to watch and haven't gotten totally destroyed except for a couple games. They've won a lot of one run games so far, which they would have lost last year.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:11 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Hey, if they can play .500 baseball this year that's a major improvement. At least they've been fun to watch and haven't gotten totally destroyed except for a couple games. They've won a lot of one run games so far, which they would have lost last year.
Thanks in large part to a pretty amazing Bullpen.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:18 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Thanks in large part to a pretty amazing Bullpen.
Current longest active streak in winning 58 straight games when leading after 7
[Reply]
BWillie 10:25 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
For ****'s Sake, nobody I'm aware of is trying to proclaim that they're going to do either of those things at this point. Can we not just enjoy this as long as it lasts?
The great thing about being a fan is, I can enjoy them winning, hope they win it all, yet still think they aren't as good as their record indicates. But I get it, some fans need to always look at things glass full or glass completely empty with no nuance, which is normal for sports fandom.
[Reply]
cmh6476 10:41 AM 04-27-2021
The great thing about being a fan is, I can enjoy them winning, hope they win it all, yet still think they aren't as good as their record indicates. But I get it, some fans need to always look at things glass full or glass completely empty with no nuance, which is normal for sports fandom.
nah, this year is just gravy. It's the prospect of the future that has me really excited about this team.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 10:43 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
After the Dodgers loss in extra innings tonight, the Kansas City Royals now have the best record in Major League Baseball.

Bet NO ONE predicted that after nearly one month into the season.

Let’s keep this train rolling into Pitt. Struggling Twins after that. Let’s pad this lead while we have the soft part of the schedule.
Ha! Dodgers suck!
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 10:46 AM 04-27-2021
Love the Royals. Just don't think they are going to win the Central or win a Wild Card spot. Amazing how people don't understand fandom and reality are two different things. It's like the K-State fan who picks their team to win the NCAA Tournament when they happen to make the tournament and squeak in as a 11 seed.
What about the K-State fan that bets "any amount of money" that K-State will lose? Are you that fan?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:52 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Let me know if this dude buys lotto tickets and if so what numbers he picks so I can know which digits to avoid
[Reply]
kstater 11:50 AM 04-27-2021
Salvy in the lineup tonight

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 117 of 440
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Up