ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 91 of 252
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:22 AM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:

Very good. If you havent done so, their magnum opus is FTL. I suggest playing it on PC or Ipad.

If you want other similar rogue like suggestions, that is my forte.
Yeah FTL was awesome...never been a real big RTS guy but man ITB is awesome. It's more like chess than anything, great game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:47 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I thought the first one was boring as hell. Yeah, the graphics are cool and all but omg the game was boring.
It's a stripped-down, no-nonsense gameplay loop. I actually like it. It's a little bit puzzle, a little bit platform, and a little bit action.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:02 PM 01-04-2019
thought i would share my latest project. A hybrid retro/mame machine....but instead of cabinet or mini-cabinet, I used an ikea coffee table. Light enough to easily move from room to room. Lots of USB and HDMI inputs on the side of the table for quick connect.

Graphics, etc. all done by myself. Feeling pretty good for a guy who barely passed wood shop in junior high!
Attached: 20190104_185446.jpg (133.9 KB) 
[Reply]
vailpass 09:30 PM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
thought i would share my latest project. A hybrid retro/mame machine....but instead of cabinet or mini-cabinet, I used an ikea coffee table. Light enough to easily move from room to room. Lots of USB and HDMI inputs on the side of the table for quick connect.

Graphics, etc. all done by myself. Feeling pretty good for a guy who barely passed wood shop in junior high!
Forgive me for not knowing but what exactly is that? A video game? Gaming rig?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:33 PM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Forgive me for not knowing but what exactly is that? A video game? Gaming rig?
Its a controller(s) that use emulators to play retro arcade games, nintendo, sega, etc etc. The controls hook up to computer whuch does the rest.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
vailpass 09:51 PM 01-04-2019
Its a controller(s) that use emulators to play retro arcade games, nintendo, sega, etc etc. The controls hook up to computer whuch does the rest.

And you built it into a coffee table?
****ing cool.
What do you use for a monitor/ display?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:17 PM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
And you built it into a coffee table?

****ing cool.

What do you use for a monitor/ display?
Hdmi out to anything (tv, etc). I built a cabinet before, but i wanted something portable this time!

[Reply]
vailpass 10:19 PM 01-04-2019
Hdmi out to anything (tv, etc). I built a cabinet before, but i wanted something portable this time!

Tech meets ingenuity meets craftsmanship. Well done.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:45 PM 01-04-2019
I literally watched a guy take one of those new mini arcade cabinets they're selling...they're perfect for sitting in a chair in front of..and he used a retro pie to basically make it a perfect gaming rig.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:54 AM 01-05-2019
stop pirating old games. Buy the actual neo geo cartridges
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:17 AM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
stop pirating old games. Buy the actual neo geo cartridges
lolz NO thanks
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:58 AM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I literally watched a guy take one of those new mini arcade cabinets they're selling...they're perfect for sitting in a chair in front of..and he used a retro pie to basically make it a perfect gaming rig.
yep - you can use computer or raspberry Pi/retropie.

I've used both - but for Dreamcast, Wii, and more recent arcade games, you have to have a computer/decent graphics card.

The raspberry pi is a perfect (and cheap) option if you're only interested in the retro arcade games.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:03 AM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Next time try watching it figuratively and report back on the differences.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 01:20 PM 01-05-2019

Care to build more and sell them? I’d be a customer.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:02 PM 01-05-2019
Originally Posted by The GMDM Hypothesis:
Care to build more and sell them? I’d be a customer.
its something I've considered - but again, I'm not super great with woodworking, etc.

The table I used presented a few problems with mounting of joysticks/trackball due to the actual table part being extremely thin.

If I do go that route (and find some time), I'll report back.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 252
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Up