ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 85 of 256
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:07 AM 11-09-2018
Originally Posted by Otter:
I made it to AC:Brotherhood before taking a break and not really returning to follow up. My PC isn't up to spec for Odyssey but the game play I've seen looks pretty darn good. I think the switch from Ezio is what caused me not to return.

Great franchise.
I had no interest in AC at all before Black Flag. I bought it thinking "oh, I love pirates" and ended up falling in love with the game in general. I played Rogue and then went back and played 1, 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations. Then it was 3, Black Flag again (on PS4 vs. PS3 this time), Unity, and Syndicate. I loved all of them for one reason or another. There isn't a "bad" game in the bunch.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:14 PM 11-09-2018
Originally Posted by Otter:
I made it to AC:Brotherhood before taking a break and not really returning to follow up. My PC isn't up to spec for Odyssey but the game play I've seen looks pretty darn good. I think the switch from Ezio is what caused me not to return.

Great franchise.
The series took a bit of a dip after the Ezio trilogy when AC3 and Unity disappointed upon release, but they're all really good games in their own right.

Sounds like you've got the right idea on the franchise already but you should definitely check out Black Flag and Origins if nothing else. Brotherhood and Origins are two of my favorite video games ever.

Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I absolutely love the combat and turning up the difficulty to Nightmare was exactly what it needed. It's certainly no Dark Souls but the combat is fluid, intuitive, and punishing if you button mash. I put about 20 hours in on Normal difficulty before moving up and I love the game so much more now.

Last night I really learned my lesson about wandering on the highest difficulty. I headed out to explore a couple of ? north of the Yamu temple that I had visited before when I first got the game. I got just north of the river, not even 200m from the temple and decided to shoot some antelope with my bow. I was level 10.

From out of the trees comes a pack of six level 7 hyena and I'm thinking "no problem". Um yeah, I died almost instantly after getting surrounded. LOL

The good thing is this gates the crafting too, preventing over leveling. On normal, I could hunt everything all day - hippo, crocs, whatever and just get the crafting materials I needed because there was no danger. Now, I don't dare take on 3 hippo, they'll kill me. So I have to plan my hunts and leveling my gear is taking so much longer. I'm absolutely loving the challenge.

EDIT: Forgot to add that like you, I'm an ancient history buff. I love all the games, especially Black Flag, but I've been looking forward to Egypt / Greece / Rome for a LONG time. The setting in Origins is top notch.
Sounds like you're doing it the right way. I played through on normal and, to make it worse, I had bought the gold edition so I started the game with legendary swords, bows and mounts. Aside from venturing a bit too aggressively into higher level territories and a few of the Phylakes, there was basically no challenge.

Still, loved it. Have you done the discovery tour yet? I finished the game months ago and still haven't gotten around to it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:58 AM 11-12-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Sounds like you're doing it the right way. I played through on normal and, to make it worse, I had bought the gold edition so I started the game with legendary swords, bows and mounts. Aside from venturing a bit too aggressively into higher level territories and a few of the Phylakes, there was basically no challenge.

Still, loved it. Have you done the discovery tour yet? I finished the game months ago and still haven't gotten around to it.
I'm only leveled in the mid 20's and still exploring around Alexandria. This game is going to consume more time than Black Flag and I played it for almost 250 hours.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:00 AM 11-12-2018
By the way, I wouldn't lament the fact that the game was too easy for you. Even on Nightmare, the game is no longer all that hard. For a button masher, yeah it would be a lot harder because getting hit even once hurts bad. A heavy guard even 5 levels less than me can take my entire life bar in two hits so there's no room for error.

That being said, if you're careful and approach the combat feedback loop appropriately, you're not going to struggle with anything other than large packs of predators, hippos, or high level troops. Which incidentally, is still tough to deal with on Normal, it's just worse on Nightmare.

I've not gone out of my way to gather crafting materials but have all upgrades in purple now and I'm also not leveling my weapons all that often (my primary sword is 10 levels lower than me!) but I'm still not struggling with combat as long as I'm patient.

One thing Normal (or even Hard) has going for it is that there's no "oh crap, run away" moments or untimely deaths due to not seeing a guy behind you or something. Insta-death can be really frustrating if it happens too often and I definitely have had it happen a few times.
[Reply]
Fish 05:13 AM 11-14-2018
FYI: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey is the Deal of the Day on Amazon.

$39.99 for Xbox1 and PS4.

https://www.amazon.com/apb/page/ref=...2HKY1G7DVYHZKJ
[Reply]
007 04:32 PM 11-17-2018
Been playing shadow of the tomb raider and having a blast. Just got to the badass moment when Lara fell from the tower into the water then fucked shit up.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:38 AM 11-18-2018
Fallout 76 is amazing, I hear people complaining oh it's just Fallout 4 online. Like there is something wrong with that, been waiting for this forever. Going to let us have private servers and mods after the first year. Right now there is SO much to do in the game and the quests are anything but cookie cutter. If anyone is a fan of the fallout series check it out, you will get that 5 more minutes feeling and then look up 4 hours later thinking wtf. :-)
[Reply]
hometeam 02:35 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
Fallout 76 is amazing, I hear people complaining oh it's just Fallout 4 online. Like there is something wrong with that, been waiting for this forever. Going to let us have private servers and mods after the first year. Right now there is SO much to do in the game and the quests are anything but cookie cutter. If anyone is a fan of the fallout series check it out, you will get that 5 more minutes feeling and then look up 4 hours later thinking wtf. :-)
ive been watching it on twitch it and it looks soooo dated.

50fov, straight console port to PC, cant run any faster than 60fps, 2001 textures, I cant see it :-)
[Reply]
Jerm 09:49 AM 11-19-2018
Recently just started a new play through of Breath of the Wild....goddamn this game is just pure magic.

Forgot just enough about it to where it feels fresh again...finding areas and items and things I never found before, I'm down the rabbit hole all over again lol.

Greatest open world game ever.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 02:16 PM 12-02-2018
every time I log on to Steam, i see friends playing Battle Brothers.

*this vid features DLC

its a singleplayer turn based strategy fighting game. it reminds me of those old SSi Dungeons & Dragons games. the base game will have you fighting humans and humanoids (undead are the most fantastic) the DLC will have you fighting beasts and monsters in addition to men. the gameplay is pretty deep and the AI will make it a challenge every time.

your band of mercenaries is comprised of regular people. there is some crafting and using monster bits to make magical equipment. But your mercenaries dont get to use magic. you will have to make do with peparation and solid tactics. this is a challenging game with optional ironman mode.

my first impression:9/10
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 08:23 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Recently just started a new play through of Breath of the Wild....goddamn this game is just pure magic.

Forgot just enough about it to where it feels fresh again...finding areas and items and things I never found before, I'm down the rabbit hole all over again lol.

Greatest open world game ever.
I'm dying to play this but can't really justify buying a Switch for one game. It's not that expensive, though, so maybe I should just go ahead and do it.
[Reply]
kcxiv 09:42 PM 12-03-2018
switch has more then just 1 game out there thats amazing and you got some games coming in 2019 as well and 1 i cant wait for is Metroid Prime 4.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:56 PM 12-03-2018
Anyone playing MLB The Show?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:09 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by hometeam:
ive been watching it on twitch it and it looks soooo dated.

50fov, straight console port to PC, cant run any faster than 60fps, 2001 textures, I cant see it :-)
Looks great on my pc but ya the engine is old and clunky. Still a great game if you like the fallout series and always wanted multiplayer. It is INCREDIBLY buggy but knowing Bethesda I expected that. I'm having a hard time getting bored with it which is great and hits the spot for me. I know the reviewers have murdered the game but I can look past most of that stuff. Once you start playing it you will find it near impossible to quit at the specified time you wanted to.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:28 PM 12-04-2018
Resident Evil 2 Remake looks incredible
http://youtu.be/6ouGEjNYLOw?a
[Reply]
Page 85 of 256
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Up