ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 313
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
RealSNR 08:51 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Love it, but I'm hoping Niang is able to beat out Remmers. Not that Remmers is a terrible RT, but if Niang is half as good as advertised, he should be able to keep Remmers on the bench.

I’m in the same boat, but if all Niang does is secure the swing tackle role, it’s huge for us.

The Chiefs haven’t had a legit tackle as their backup in awhile. They’ve always run with pseudo guards like Erving and Jah Reid. I think the last one was probably Donald Stephenson.

That in itself is a big deal
[Reply]
O.city 08:52 AM 07-28-2021
Niang may have missed his chance or something. I dunno, anyone else get a weird vibe there?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:54 AM 07-28-2021
Wow Smith already running with the 1s
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:57 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Niang may have missed his chance or something. I dunno, anyone else get a weird vibe there?

You’re a weird vibe
[Reply]
staylor26 09:00 AM 07-28-2021
Lol no.

The guy has been out of football for quite some time, and he’s playing a position where Reid is more likely to be hesitant to start a rookie on top of it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:00 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You’re a weird vibe
I dunno, probably.

But we heard how much they loved him then brouht Remmers back and have Niang at LT.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:00 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Wow Smith already running with the 1s
Early in camp,

Doesn't mean alot. I think they will still put Long with the 1s before season starts.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:03 AM 07-28-2021
Been thinking the same thing. Taking last year off didn't do him or his career any favors.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:05 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Been thinking the same thing. Taking last year off didn't do him or his career any favors.
Niang was still recovering from hip surgery last year. This narrative completely ignores that fact.

We were honestly better off having him opt out and his 4 year deal starting this year.

This isn’t some kind of punishment. The dude just hasn’t played football in almost 2 years and plays a position where Reid is already less likely to start a rookie on day 1 of TC.
[Reply]
O.city 09:05 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol no.

The guy has been out of football for quite some time, and he’s playing a position where Reid is more likely to be hesitant to start a rookie on top of it.
They've got him working at LT though.
[Reply]
O.city 09:06 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Niang was still recovering from hip surgery last year. This narrative completely ignores that fact.

We were honestly better off having him opt out and his 4 year deal starting this year.
For his health, yeah for sure.

I dunno, reading some of the stuff around the league, I think the guys that opted out last year aren't viewed great .
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:07 AM 07-28-2021
Man. I agree to put the best player at each spot on the line, but it seems like such a waste to keep LDT on the bench with his contract figure.

At least have him put in some time in the KC wolf costume or something. Avoiding dead money is important, but does it matter if that money never contributes on the field?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:10 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Man. I agree to put the best player at each spot on the line, but it seems like such a waste to keep LDT on the bench with his contract figure.

At least have him put in some time in the KC wolf costume or something. Avoiding dead money is important, but does it matter if that money never contributes on the field?
:-)

LDT will be a great backup!
[Reply]
staylor26 09:11 AM 07-28-2021
For his health, yeah for sure.

I dunno, reading some of the stuff around the league, I think the guys that opted out last year aren't viewed great .
Yea, he was obviously a different/unique circumstance though.

He wouldn’t have contributed much either way, and now his 4 year deal is aligned with Humphrey and Smith. That’s better for us in the long run.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:11 AM 07-28-2021
Niang is 2nd LT currently
[Reply]
Page 13 of 313
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up