ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock (11/22)
Direckshun 02:56 PM 11-22-2021
Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs do well this coming season. HC Andy Reid and GM Brett Veach are retained. The salary cap jumps $35m.

2. The Chiefs franchise: OT Orlando Brown.

3. The Chiefs cut: DE Frank Clark, ILB Anthony Hitchens

4. The Chiefs extended: WR Tyreek Hill for 4 years, $80m ($52m guaranteed), S Tyrann Mathieu for 3 years, $50m ($21m guaranteed).

5. The Chiefs tender: WR Marcus Kemp, WR Jody Fortson, CB Chris Lammons

6. The Chiefs re-sign: OT Mike Remmers, 1 year, $3m; DT Jarran Reed 2 years, $17m ($6m guaranteed); DE Melvin Ingram, 2 years $24m ($20m guaranteed).

7. The Chiefs re-sign to minimal deals: QB Chad Henne, RB Darrel Williams, FB Michael Burton, WR Byron Pringle, LB Ben Niemann, LB Dorian O'Daniel, OT Mike Remmers, OG Andrew Wylie, OG Kyle Long, C Austin Blythe, LS James Winchester

8. The Chiefs let walk: RB Jerick McKinnon, RB Derrick Gore, WR Demarcus Robinson, WR Josh Gordon, TE Blake Bell, TE Nick Keizer, OT Prince Tega Wanogho, OG Kyle Long, DT Derrick Nnadi, DE Alex Okafor, CB Charvarius Ward, CB Mike Hughes, S Dan Sorensen, S Armani Watts, S Will Parks.

9. The Chiefs sign RB Rashad Penny (SEA), WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (PIT), DE Derek Barnett (PHI), LB Reggie Ragland (NYG), CB Chris Harris, Jr. (LAC), CB BoPete Keyes (UFA), S Terrell Edmunds (PIT)

10. The Chiefs are picking late in the draft.

The draft:

1. DE Travon Walker, Georgia
2. S Daxton Hill, Michigan
3. DT Devonte Wyatt, Notre Dame
4. CB Josh Jobe, Alabama
7. LB Mike Rose, Iowa State
7. RB Max Borghi, Washington State

the roster:

QB: Mahomes, Henne, Buchele
RB: Edwards-Helaire, Williams, Borghi, Penny
FB: Burton

WR: Hill, Smith-Schuster, Hardman, Pringle, Kemp
TE: Kelce, Gray, Fortson

LT: Brown, Niang
LG: Thuney, Allegretti
C: Humphrey, Blythe
RG: Smith, Wylie
RT: Remmers, Long

DE: Barnett, Walker, Kaindoh
DT: Jones, Wharton
DT: Reed, Wyatt, Saunders
DE: Ingram, Danna

OLB: Gay, O'Daniel
ILB: Bolton, Niemann
OLB: Ragland, Rose

CB: Sneed, Harris, Fenton, Jobe, Lammons, Keyes
S: Mathieu, Thornhill, Hill, Edmunds

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:27 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
what do you guys think of Zonovan Knight?
I think he's exactly the kind of RB this team needs to have.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:02 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Ragland's a vet-min signing, so who cares. One of those is coming down the pipeline anyways.

I assume your problem with Mathieu and Reed is the pricetag. Because there can't be any question about their play.

In particular Mathieu. The mental advantage he gives our secondary is invaluable, and part of the Spags' plan of cheaping out on corner depends on Mathieu getting everybody where they need to be.
My problem with Mathieu is Mathieu. He can eat a bag of dicks. I'd rather spend the money on one of a few other high-end safeties that don't call out the fanbase. Reid, Bates, and Williams are all slated to be FAs this year and I'd take any of the 3, plus all are a few years younger than Mathieu.

As for Reed, he doesn't perform without an All-Pro next to him taking on double-teams. He's not worth his current price. It would depend on whether or not he takes a deal for significantly less or not. If not, bye.

I don't much see a point in getting rid of an unathletic Hitchens for a less athletic Ragland even if it's at a lesser price. This team needs to get even faster at that other LB spot, not go backward.

My opinions of course.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:21 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
My problem with Mathieu is Mathieu. He can eat a bag of dicks. I'd rather spend the money on one of a few other high-end safeties that don't call out the fanbase. Reid, Bates, and Williams are all slated to be FAs this year and I'd take any of the 3, plus all are a few years younger than Mathieu.

As for Reed, he doesn't perform without an All-Pro next to him taking on double-teams. He's not worth his current price. It would depend on whether or not he takes a deal for significantly less or not. If not, bye.

I don't much see a point in getting rid of an unathletic Hitchens for a less athletic Ragland even if it's at a lesser price. This team needs to get even faster at that other LB spot, not go backward.

My opinions of course.
Oh I get it. Your Mathieu thing is personal.

yeah, ok. well, whatever. We'll see.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:23 AM 11-24-2021
Oh I get it. Your Mathieu thing is personal.

yeah, ok. well, whatever. We'll see.
I was on the fence with his age to begin with. Yes, those antics, combined with his on-field demeanor towards his teammates screwing up, definitely put it over the top.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:33 AM 11-24-2021

My opinions of course.
Right, so I'm not on Twitter and 0% chance I'm reading that whole thread. Where is the fanbase on all that? I'm not under any pretenses that any of these guys are really good guys, and obviously no-go on the Twitter, so I'd prefer if it didn't happen, but I'm whatever.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:16 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Right, so I'm not on Twitter and 0% chance I'm reading that whole thread. Where is the fanbase on all that? I'm not under any pretenses that any of these guys are really good guys, and obviously no-go on the Twitter, so I'd prefer if it didn't happen, but I'm whatever.
I'm not sure where the fanbase as a whole lies in respect to everything. I get the feeling fans are content so long as the team wins. I fully respect whichever side of the fence anyone chooses to be on. I have my personal feelings on it and I haven't hid it, which is that I'm strongly against him being given a new contract here.

In either event, there's still the situations outside of that with him wanting a big contract and his age.

It's almost certain that Marcus Williams won't get a new deal in New Orleans because of their cap hell, and Williams is a tremendous player. Jessie Bates may get franchised in Cincinnati, but if not he should be a guy to watch as he might be the best safety in the game. Justin Reid is also an intriguing name, and I doubt he's going to want to return to Houston. Also, there might be Jordan Whitehead in the mix and he's a lot of the same type of player as Mathieu is, so there would likely be intrigue there. Williams will be 26 and Bates, Reid and Whithead 25. That looks better than 30 if I'm dropping coin on a DB.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:19 AM 11-25-2021
I'm not sure where the fanbase as a whole lies in respect to everything. I get the feeling fans are content so long as the team wins. I fully respect whichever side of the fence anyone chooses to be on. I have my personal feelings on it and I haven't hid it, which is that I'm strongly against him being given a new contract here.

In either event, there's still the situations outside of that with him wanting a big contract and his age.

It's almost certain that Marcus Williams won't get a new deal in New Orleans because of their cap hell, and Williams is a tremendous player. Jessie Bates may get franchised in Cincinnati, but if not he should be a guy to watch as he might be the best safety in the game. Justin Reid is also an intriguing name, and I doubt he's going to want to return to Houston. Also, there might be Jordan Whitehead in the mix and he's a lot of the same type of player as Mathieu is, so there would likely be intrigue there. Williams will be 26 and Bates, Reid and Whithead 25. That looks better than 30 if I'm dropping coin on a DB.
Fair. I don’t know where the fan base is at either.

I didn’t realize so many safeties were in the mix. That’s some fortuitous luck.

I’ll probably be OK with whatever unless it’s a deal longer than 2 years that we can’t get out of. Maybe letting him walk and roll with Sorensen or something dumb but I don’t see that.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:07 PM 11-25-2021
why would we bring slow assed Reggie Ragland back? That's exact wrong kind of LB as I would have thought watching Gay and Bolton would have shown.
This! :-)
[Reply]
Nightfyre 01:51 AM 11-26-2021
How does the crowd feel about Patterson? I feel like he could create interesting sets and matchups.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:39 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
How does the crowd feel about Patterson? I feel like he could create interesting sets and matchups.

Which Patterson?
[Reply]
Nightfyre 03:22 PM 11-26-2021
Cordarelle
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up