ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock (11/22)
Direckshun 02:56 PM 11-22-2021
Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs do well this coming season. HC Andy Reid and GM Brett Veach are retained. The salary cap jumps $35m.

2. The Chiefs franchise: OT Orlando Brown.

3. The Chiefs cut: DE Frank Clark, ILB Anthony Hitchens

4. The Chiefs extended: WR Tyreek Hill for 4 years, $80m ($52m guaranteed), S Tyrann Mathieu for 3 years, $50m ($21m guaranteed).

5. The Chiefs tender: WR Marcus Kemp, WR Jody Fortson, CB Chris Lammons

6. The Chiefs re-sign: OT Mike Remmers, 1 year, $3m; DT Jarran Reed 2 years, $17m ($6m guaranteed); DE Melvin Ingram, 2 years $24m ($20m guaranteed).

7. The Chiefs re-sign to minimal deals: QB Chad Henne, RB Darrel Williams, FB Michael Burton, WR Byron Pringle, LB Ben Niemann, LB Dorian O'Daniel, OT Mike Remmers, OG Andrew Wylie, OG Kyle Long, C Austin Blythe, LS James Winchester

8. The Chiefs let walk: RB Jerick McKinnon, RB Derrick Gore, WR Demarcus Robinson, WR Josh Gordon, TE Blake Bell, TE Nick Keizer, OT Prince Tega Wanogho, OG Kyle Long, DT Derrick Nnadi, DE Alex Okafor, CB Charvarius Ward, CB Mike Hughes, S Dan Sorensen, S Armani Watts, S Will Parks.

9. The Chiefs sign RB Rashad Penny (SEA), WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (PIT), DE Derek Barnett (PHI), LB Reggie Ragland (NYG), CB Chris Harris, Jr. (LAC), CB BoPete Keyes (UFA), S Terrell Edmunds (PIT)

10. The Chiefs are picking late in the draft.

The draft:

1. DE Travon Walker, Georgia
2. S Daxton Hill, Michigan
3. DT Devonte Wyatt, Notre Dame
4. CB Josh Jobe, Alabama
7. LB Mike Rose, Iowa State
7. RB Max Borghi, Washington State

the roster:

QB: Mahomes, Henne, Buchele
RB: Edwards-Helaire, Williams, Borghi, Penny
FB: Burton

WR: Hill, Smith-Schuster, Hardman, Pringle, Kemp
TE: Kelce, Gray, Fortson

LT: Brown, Niang
LG: Thuney, Allegretti
C: Humphrey, Blythe
RG: Smith, Wylie
RT: Remmers, Long

DE: Barnett, Walker, Kaindoh
DT: Jones, Wharton
DT: Reed, Wyatt, Saunders
DE: Ingram, Danna

OLB: Gay, O'Daniel
ILB: Bolton, Niemann
OLB: Ragland, Rose

CB: Sneed, Harris, Fenton, Jobe, Lammons, Keyes
S: Mathieu, Thornhill, Hill, Edmunds

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:01 PM 11-22-2021

[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:45 PM 11-22-2021
why would we bring slow assed Reggie Ragland back? That's exact wrong kind of LB as I would have thought watching Gay and Bolton would have shown.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:13 PM 11-22-2021
I think we retain Nnadi (huge in the run game), Bell (vet min) & Ward (homegrown, likely signs on a team-friendly deal).

I think we let Reed (meh so far, better lately, but not what we hoped for) walk.

Ragland (scheme) and Harris (age) signings confuse me a bit.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:30 PM 11-22-2021
Ragland? lol
[Reply]
kccrow 10:20 PM 11-22-2021
Resign Mathieu, Reed, and sign Raglund? Jeebus man.

I'm not a fan of any of those.

I'm okay with the draft picks though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:47 PM 11-22-2021
We’re not bringing back Henne either.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:47 AM 11-23-2021
I like your draft a lot and think they will circle back to Juju in free agency.

Walker, Jobe, and Rose are all guys I've mocked to KC in the past week with the way the draft board currently sits. I don't LOVE the draft buy at DT (probably would go with a WR or an OT in that position instead).

No thanks on bringing back Ragland or re-signing Reed, though.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:56 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
why would we bring slow assed Reggie Ragland back? That's exact wrong kind of LB as I would have thought watching Gay and Bolton would have shown.
We'd be bringing him back for pennies, in my mind, purely as a base down Sam.

How often do the Chiefs go with 3 LB sets? 20% of the downs, maybe?
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:01 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I think we retain Nnadi (huge in the run game), Bell (vet min) & Ward (homegrown, likely signs on a team-friendly deal).

I think we let Reed (meh so far, better lately, but not what we hoped for) walk.

Ragland (scheme) and Harris (age) signings confuse me a bit.
Nnadi is not that huge in the run game anymore, really. He is a strong run defender, but the Chiefs are relying on Reed more and more. Nnadi is probably averaging around 25-35% of snaps, whereas Reed is probably closer to 60% to 70% -- I haven't researched that, though. Just shooting from the hips on those digits.

Reed's play the past couple weeks with Chris Jones next to him full time has been really strong.

I really like the idea of keeping Ward, but in this situation, we're keeping Mathieu, and I don't know how you keep both. (In some cases, I struggle to see how we keep either.)

My logic in that situation: We've still got Sneed on the roster, and Fenton is a really good tertiary option, but you're going to need to bring in another body if Ward walks.

Chris Harris makes sense because he's cheap. He's going to be another year older, and there seemed to be some mutual interest between Harris and the Chiefs before. He gives you a solid vet you don't need to overly rely on.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:04 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Resign Mathieu, Reed, and sign Raglund? Jeebus man.

I'm not a fan of any of those.

I'm okay with the draft picks though.
Ragland's a vet-min signing, so who cares. One of those is coming down the pipeline anyways.

I assume your problem with Mathieu and Reed is the pricetag. Because there can't be any question about their play.

In particular Mathieu. The mental advantage he gives our secondary is invaluable, and part of the Spags' plan of cheaping out on corner depends on Mathieu getting everybody where they need to be.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:06 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We’re not bringing back Henne either.
Chiefs do seem to like Beuchele, or however you spell his name.

Not for nothing, but on the training camp day I went to, he made the best throw of the day.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:09 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I like your draft a lot and think they will circle back to Juju in free agency.

Walker, Jobe, and Rose are all guys I've mocked to KC in the past week with the way the draft board currently sits. I don't LOVE the draft buy at DT (probably would go with a WR or an OT in that position instead).

No thanks on bringing back Ragland or re-signing Reed, though.
First of all, you gotta post them mocks my friend. Start a megathread in this here forum.

Walker and Jobe in particular are perfect fits. Jobe basically feels like Sneed 2.0.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:33 AM 11-23-2021
what do you guys think of Zonovan Knight?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:12 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
what do you guys think of Zonovan Knight?
I'm a fan and he likely will be a 6th round pick to me in the megathread mock I'm about to start.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up