ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What to do with Brown?
Let him walk in free agency. He's not a good fit here. 1 5.00%
Tag & trade, like the Ravens did. 2 10.00%
Tag him, draft his replacement. See how it works in the coming year. 10 50.00%
Tag him, maybe hold off/definitely don't draft his replacement. 2 10.00%
Extend him, he's good enough to let Mahomes be Mahomes. 4 20.00%
I refuse to believe the rumors that Andy Reid has contracted Covid. 2 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The Puzzle of Orlando Brown in 2022
Direckshun 11:16 AM 11-09-2021
Alright, so we're over halfway done with the season.

What should our decision be on Brown this upcoming offseason?

Obviously this is all tentative. But here we go.

Poll forthcoming.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:19 AM 11-09-2021
For the record, this is what left tackles cost right now:

https://overthecap.com/position/left-tackle/

We also have Thuney on an 18/year. I'm guessing, perhaps inaccurately, that's what Brown would come out to, should we extend him this offseason.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:24 AM 11-09-2021
Easy answer.

You tag him and draft a potential replacement. It isn't as though Niang is a given in his own right.

Now between now and the end of the year, it's possible he could earn a long-term deal from me (which would be my druthers; using the tag option as leverage on the contract), but as of right now I don't see this as much of a close question.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:39 AM 11-09-2021
If we can get him on cheaper deal than what he wanted 3 months ago, and you think he is improving (I do) then a new deal wouldn't be bad.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:53 PM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Easy answer.

You tag him and draft a potential replacement. It isn't as though Niang is a given in his own right.

Now between now and the end of the year, it's possible he could earn a long-term deal from me (which would be my druthers; using the tag option as leverage on the contract), but as of right now I don't see this as much of a close question.
This.

Using the tag, you don’t have to worry about having to grab a LT in the first round unless one is there. You can draft a guy in the 2nd to 3rd if it fits and let him get up to speed for a year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:08 AM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This.

Using the tag, you don’t have to worry about having to grab a LT in the first round unless one is there. You can draft a guy in the 2nd to 3rd if it fits and let him get up to speed for a year.
They've spent an enormous amount of draft capital on the line.

I wouldn't be opposed to the 3rd round necessarily but they need defense, defense, and more defense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:25 AM 11-10-2021
If I'm tagging Brown, it's to trade him. I'm not saying the Chiefs will, but that's what I'd do.

A team like Tennessee, or even Baltimore again would be a great fit for Brown and they have LT health issues.

The only way we can really afford to draft his replacement is with the draft capital we would get from his trade. We have a massive defensive rebuild about to happen, and we need to restock the WR room, and probably a RB too unless Clyde somehow comes back and is the same guy we drafted two knee injuries ago.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:03 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They've spent an enormous amount of draft capital on the line.

I wouldn't be opposed to the 3rd round necessarily but they need defense, defense, and more defense.
Your tune is going to change as soon as we hit free agency.

This team needs offense, offense, offense, too.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:42 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Your tune is going to change as soon as we hit free agency.

This team needs offense, offense, offense, too.
They can fill offensive holes in free agency.

I'm not drafting an offensive tackle in the 2nd round this year. No fucking way. Even if you go offense with that pick, they need TE and WR considering what they've spent there compared to the offensive line in terms of draft picks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:43 PM 11-10-2021
You simply cannot continue to spend all of your high picks at one or two positions.

They have to do something about DE that actually sticks and doesn't kill the cap like Frank Clark. The best way to do that is at the top end of the draft.

They need WR's too.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:06 PM 11-10-2021
Tag him and worry about LT in the '23 draft unless a good one falls to the bottom of the 2nd or 3rd you want to develop.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:47 PM 11-10-2021

[Reply]
RunKC 11:00 PM 11-10-2021
You’re not finding a quality LT outside the first rd. It just doesn’t happen often.

Tag him and see what happens. Then re-evaluate your options.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:06 AM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You’re not finding a quality LT outside the first rd. It just doesn’t happen often.

Tag him and see what happens. Then re-evaluate your options.
I mean, except for players like Orlando Brown.
[Reply]
bevischief 02:41 AM 11-11-2021
Since they all been playing crap. Outside of Creed. Incentive deal. Worth a lot. Not as up front.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up