ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>John Metchie III, WR, Alabama (Junior season)
Dante84 05:36 PM 11-29-2021
This kid went off in the Iron Bowl this past weekend. His catches in the 4th quarter and Overtime were so clutch. Would love to have someone Mahomes can trust other than Kelce & Tyreek.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:02 AM 12-01-2021
Him and Treylon Burks may well be my 2 favorite 'attainable' WRs in this draft. I just have a hard time seeing a scenario where I'm willing to take a 1st round WR though. There are just too many needs on the DL and it's a great DL draft so we'll be able to get some guys in the 20s that may have gone in the teens in previous years.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:59 PM 12-01-2021
I don't care if they pick a WR late in 1, should that be the case, but I see the position a lot like RB (well, a bit more valuable than RB there)... You get so many good ones out of rounds 2 and 3 that there isn't much positional value in drafting one in 1. There are always quality guys there at the end of round 2 if you really want one. I wouldn't push the issue. If one drops that is a perfect fit and the value just isn't that great elsewhere, sure, pull the trigger.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:11 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I don't care if they pick a WR late in 1, should that be the case, but I see the position a lot like RB (well, a bit more valuable than RB there)... You get so many good ones out of rounds 2 and 3 that there isn't much positional value in drafting one in 1. There are always quality guys there at the end of round 2 if you really want one. I wouldn't push the issue. If one drops that is a perfect fit and the value just isn't that great elsewhere, sure, pull the trigger.
That’s fine IMO if they hedge their bets by getting someone in FA like Juju. However if they have a black hole at #2 WR again I think you’ll potentially see other teams jumping KC to take the guys we may have wanted like we’ve seen happen at times before.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:54 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
That’s fine IMO if they hedge their bets by getting someone in FA like Juju. However if they have a black hole at #2 WR again I think you’ll potentially see other teams jumping KC to take the guys we may have wanted like we’ve seen happen at times before.
Definitely a possibility, or see the talent pool dry up before they pick in the 2nd like last year without teams jockeying in front of them. There's nothing stopping KC from moving up in round 2 to get a guy either though, as they did for Hardman.

Like I alluded to, I'm okay if the best-case scenario is WR in 1 but I'm having my doubts in 2022 with the strength at some other positions.

We'll have to see where things fall. I'd be more tempted if a guy like Jameson Williams is sitting there in 1 than a guy like Metchie. I think Metchie could be an NFL slot only. I'm alot more excited by Wan'Dale Robinson than Metchie. That said, I'm admittedly hot and cold with WRs. Sometimes I'm very right on a buy low and very wrong on buy high...
[Reply]
Dante84 12:56 PM 12-05-2021
Welp, he tore his ACL yesterday.

Does he return to Alabama? Does he drop to the second round or further?
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:02 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:

Yeah, I feel like shit about it, but as soon as he went down, I thought "OOO! Value Pick?"

I'm a terrible person.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:32 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:

further probably.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:50 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
further probably.
He should probably go back to school if he falls to the 4th.

If he gets 3rd round reports he should probably go ahead and declare. He’ll get the best rehab staffs in the world to get him back up to speed.
[Reply]
Toad 05:32 PM 12-09-2021
Would love to see him declare and the Chiefs can get him in the 3rd!
[Reply]
Toad 05:34 PM 12-09-2021
Sign Ju Ju on a 2 year deal while they develop Metchie…
[Reply]
Up