ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Reed v. Nandi: Who Ya Got?
Direckshun 10:21 AM 11-28-2021
We are still having a hoedown in another thread about a tough 2022 decision, maybe our toughest, between Mathieu and Ward.

Let’s do another between the more versatile (and more expensive) Jarran Reed and our best pick from the abysmal 2018 draft, Derrick Nnadi.

I think we all doubt the Chiefs will re-sign both of these players.

So if you had to re-sign either of these players this coming offseason and let the other walk, which one and why?
[Reply]
kccrow 12:06 PM 11-28-2021
Definitely Nnadi for his down-to-down run plugging ability. Not only that, Nnadi contributes more on special teams and has been more productive than Reed to this point in the season. Reed was much the liability the first 6 weeks of the season. If they both came in at the same price point, I'd probably still go Nnadi unless Reed shows alot more from here on out.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:02 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Definitely Nnadi for his down-to-down run plugging ability. Not only that, Nnadi contributes more on special teams and has been more productive than Reed to this point in the season. Reed was much the liability the first 6 weeks of the season. If they both came in at the same price point, I'd probably still go Nnadi unless Reed shows alot more from here on out.
Pretty much where I come in. Plus Nnadi has more proven production in this system. I think it's reasonable to pick safe here. And let's be real here production in Seattle's system hasn't always translated to ours.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:12 PM 11-28-2021
I don't want ANY more Seattle defensive free agents.

None. Just like no more SF QB's.

I'm done.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:15 PM 11-28-2021
We get a cap discount with Nnadi due to his time with the team that we wouldn’t get with Reed. And Nnadi is going to likely come cheaper anyway.

Reed has more ceiling but Nnadi has been more consistent over his career.

So I think I’d go with Nnadi.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:23 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't want ANY more Seattle defensive free agents.

None. Just like no more SF QB's.

I'm done.
You think Pete Carroll gets fired or forced out this year?

I think the Seattle franchise would be really wise to consider a coach re-set, and perhaps even a fresh change at GM.

When you're there that long and something isn't working and your star QB has an antagonistic relationship with the people in charge, it's time for an enema.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:13 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You think Pete Carroll gets fired or forced out this year?

I think the Seattle franchise would be really wise to consider a coach re-set, and perhaps even a fresh change at GM.

When you're there that long and something isn't working and your star QB has an antagonistic relationship with the people in charge, it's time for an enema.
I'd cut Carroll loose only if doing so would guarantee me Wilson will stay.

If Wilson won't commit to staying, I think you get all the 1sts you can for him ASAP and keep Carroll. It's not like Wilson is beloved by his teammates or anything.

I think Carroll is a very good coach, but needs a QB that fits his style better. But I also think your best chance of winning a Super Bowl is through Russ.

So if I can guarantee from Russ that excusing Carroll means he stays, then I release Carroll.

Otherwise, get what you can while the getting's good and see what Carroll can do with a Tannehill type.
[Reply]
Up