ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 398 of 488
« First < 298348388394395396397398 399400401402408448 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:55 AM 04-12-2022
Travon Walker at #1 picking up a lot of buzz now. Detroit runs to the podium for Hutchinson in that case I'm assuming.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:00 AM 04-12-2022

pic.twitter.com/G2TBTr2sEA

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 12, 2022

[Reply]
Hoover 10:29 AM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Its all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

And its the Vets, guys like Honey Badger who are going to get hurt by all of this. Teams will give guaranteed contracts to young players who are entering their prime years. Those older vets are going to have to get used to playing year to year, which means attending OTAs, training camps, etc. This is great for players in their first season as a free agent, QBs, and maybe some WR.

They bette
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:32 AM 04-12-2022
Cody & Gold on 610 on the way in to the office were reflecting on a trade proposal (some pundit) that had the Chiefs sending #29, 30 and 50 to the Texans for #3. They were actually kicking this around, and talking about how hard it is to land a top flight DE at the end of the round. Oy vey!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:46 AM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Its all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

And its the Vets, guys like Honey Badger who are going to get hurt by all of this. Teams will give guaranteed contracts to young players who are entering their prime years. Those older vets are going to have to get used to playing year to year, which means attending OTAs, training camps, etc. This is great for players in their first season as a free agent, QBs, and maybe some WR.

They bette
Yup.

You wanna make sure nobody in the league sees a 3rd contract? Go ahead and clog up salary caps with a bunch of guaranteed contracts.

And those guaranteed deals will end up maybe 2-3 years long even for guys on their 2nd years for anyone except for quarterbacks.

Additionally, the whole idea is silly anyway. What does this guy think 'effective guarantees' or 'guaranteed at signing' means anyway? And does he still expect to see guys getting massive signing bonuses if the guaranteed contracts become the norm?

This dude's kinda dumb. But agents gonna agent. They love the idea of their player getting that bag and then sending him a check for the commission every week for the next 3-4 years.
[Reply]
In58men 10:46 AM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
Cody & Gold on 610 on the way in to the office were reflecting on a trade proposal (some pundit) that had the Chiefs sending #29, 30 and 50 to the Texans for #3. They were actually kicking this around, and talking about how hard it is to land a top flight DE at the end of the round. Oy vey!
Yeah, it also included Hardman. This class is deep with WR CBs DE I wouldn’t know why we would need to move up that much. Maybe for Sauce? I wouldn’t like that at all.
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:48 AM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
Yeah, it also included Hardman. This class is deep with WR CBs DE I wouldn’t know why we would need to move up that much. Maybe for Sauce? I wouldn’t like that at all.
That's right! AND Hardman. Unless this is 1983 and you need a QB, it's all kinds of silly.
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:53 AM 04-12-2022
CBS' Ryan Wilson just dropped this mock

29 Wyatt
30 Dotson
50 Woolen
62 Tolbert
94 Phidarian Mathis
103 Sam Williams

Not bad at all..I like the positional choices, although the names may change a little
[Reply]
staylor26 10:55 AM 04-12-2022

29 Wyatt
30 Dotson
50 Woolen
62 Tolbert
94 Phidarian Mathis
103 Sam Williams

Not bad at all..I like the positional choices, although the names may change a little
I’m not really comfortable waiting till 103 to take an EDGE, but I’d probably Williams at 62 in this scenario anyways, so I’ll take it

Replace Mathis with another EDGE, and I’d love it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:57 AM 04-12-2022

29 Wyatt
30 Dotson
50 Woolen
62 Tolbert
94 Phidarian Mathis
103 Sam Williams

I dig it....but we need more than one DE.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:03 AM 04-12-2022

29 Wyatt
30 Dotson
50 Woolen
62 Tolbert
94 Phidarian Mathis
103 Sam Williams

JIIIIIIIIIMP
[Reply]
Woogieman 11:04 AM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’m not really comfortable waiting till 103 to take an EDGE, but I’d probably Williams at 62 in this scenario anyways, so I’ll take it

Replace Mathis with another EDGE, and I’d love it.
I'm not in love with Dotson, so I would probably take and E at 30 (Ojabo or Mafe), then maybe a combo of Tolbert and/or Skyy Moore at 62, Pierce at 94?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:05 AM 04-12-2022

29 Wyatt
30 Dotson
50 Woolen
62 Tolbert
94 Phidarian Mathis
103 Sam Williams

I'm getting really tired of mocks where the Chiefs take Woolen before they address their #1: Defensive End
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:08 AM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I'm getting really tired of mocks where the Chiefs take Woolen before they address their #1: Defensive End
I mean....CB is #2 on that list of needs....so I can see why. Now Woolen isn't the one I would pick because the dude is the definition of raw but I see why they're doing it.

I definitely think they need another DE though. But lets take a look at the defensive line after that mock.

DT: Jones, Wyatt, Mathis, Nnadi, Wharton, Saunders, Stallworth
DE: Clark, Williams, Kaindoh, Danna, Herring

Now the first thing that stands out is that we have to many bodies at DT and not enough at DE. Add Ingram to that DE group and it starts to look a little better. But that DT group if you cut it off at Wharton? Fuck. That's a TON of pressure coming up the middle.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:14 AM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I mean....CB is #2 on that list of needs....so I can see why. Now Woolen isn't the one I would pick because the dude is the definition of raw but I see why they're doing it.

I definitely think they need another DE though. But lets take a look at the defensive line after that mock.

DT: Jones, Wyatt, Mathis, Nnadi, Wharton, Saunders, Stallworth
DE: Clark, Williams, Kaindoh, Danna, Herring

Now the first thing that stands out is that we have to many bodies at DT and not enough at DE. Add Ingram to that DE group and it starts to look a little better. But that DT group if you cut it off at Wharton? Fuck. That's a TON of pressure coming up the middle.
Wharton is a natural fit to transition to DE on 1st and 2nd downs, IMO.

He's miscast as a DT. If you got Mathis and Wyatt to go with Nnadi and Jones, I think you immediately get to work on transitioning Wharton to DE who occasionally kicks inside on 3rd downs.
[Reply]
Page 398 of 488
« First < 298348388394395396397398 399400401402408448 > Last »
Up