It sucked 3 0.00%
Fuck Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards 178,947 99.95%
Gaz 2 0.00%
Voters: 179034. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Daily Training Camp Threads vs Megathreads
Buehler445 10:13 AM 08-19-2022
So we went through a camp without a Megathread. Looking for feedback on how everyone liked it compared to a Megathread.

My opinion is it was much easier to read day over day. I don't have a ton of free time in August, so that was super appealing to me.

I think a big thing is that the fucktarded arguments that go on and on were kept shorter because someone wouldn't read it 3 days later in the Megathread, respond to it and fire it back up 3 days later. JMO.

I also didn't do the Tweet RRS thing that had been done in the past. Not sure who used that. I didn't because I'd be washed out of the thread after a couple days.

Anyway, thoughts? If it sucked I won't bother doing again. If it's better, I'm open to doing a little work to make it a better experience.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 11:58 AM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, I probably need to do the work to setup an adequate Twitter Account. I just haven't seen the value when I click through Twitter threads. And most of the relevant tweets get posted somewhere else I figure, so why bother.

Mostly the same with Reddit, which I have taken the time to set up. There is good stuff in there, but it is typically buried in a myriad of shitposts.

That's why I come here, you guys post the relevant stuff, and other than some Claynus trolling, there wasn't a ton of shitposting.
You don't need a Reddit account, I don't think. But, yeah, Twitter and Instagram kick you off pretty quick if you don't have an account.

Likewise, I never saw enough value to actually get accounts in either of those.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:06 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah, and I do that. I meant more about posting the feed in the header. You have to go based off of key words...which means you get all of the bullshit that you don't want.
I haven't ever looked into the feed embedding features, but my guess is you could create a list of journalists you want and embed that pretty easily.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:08 PM 08-19-2022
I found myself looking forward to the daily thread everyday. I think it was a rousing success.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:40 PM 08-19-2022
Thanks Buehler!
[Reply]
luv 12:57 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You can, but bumping old threads can be fun at times, and that wouldn't take care of my frustration anyway.

I'm more referring to the fact that no one ever posts a thread on a single topic anymore. For example, Mecole Hardman was carted off the field this week. Blake Bell may be out for a while. Chris Jones even got dinged up. Without digging through threads, you'd never even know any of that happened.

I don't hate threads to dump info into entirely - we don't need a new thread for every time Mahomes completes a pass in practice or anything. I just miss the days where you could glance at the front page and actually see the big things you should know about. Right now there's not a single thread on the front page that provides any actual Chiefs news in the subject.

It is what it is. Like I said, I've just given up and go to Twitter instead.
And, if anyone does happen to make a thread as you've suggested, they get railed with comments about it being a repost because it was mentioned in the megathread. F that, I'd rather scan the front few pages than sort through hundreds of posts trying to find the same information.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:19 PM 08-19-2022
It was way better, thank you for your efforts, made me cum, 10/10.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 01:20 PM 08-19-2022
I'm generally an anti-megathread guy, and I enjoyed the daily TC threads.

But, Training Camp is only a couple weeks long, and I would not have minded a single thread for that period of time.

The Mega threads that irritate me are the ones that are years old and obscure all the recently happening news. ....and sometime have pages of stupid arguments over petty bull shit - further obscuring information.
[Reply]
Coogs 01:35 PM 08-19-2022
Daily. Thanks Buehler!
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:51 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Also side note, I really only prefer mega threads when it comes to stuff like free agency. Otherwise the first page gets cluttered with bullshit threads that get like 5-6 replies.
I am a fan of free agency mega threads. They seem to continue discussion more than TC does.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:50 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by luv:
And, if anyone does happen to make a thread as you've suggested, they get railed with comments about it being a repost because it was mentioned in the megathread. F that, I'd rather scan the front few pages than sort through hundreds of posts trying to find the same information.
That has pretty well moderated over the years. At least I don't see it anymore. I won't sit here and profess to read every thread on here.
[Reply]
PHOG 03:22 PM 08-19-2022
Much better IMO. Thanks :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 03:50 PM 08-19-2022
This has been perfect.

Good job by you, and much appreciation for the effort.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 05:14 PM 08-19-2022
why do people care so much about daily vs megathread

either way same shit
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 06:33 PM 08-19-2022
It’s way fucking better.
[Reply]
Wilson8 06:41 PM 08-19-2022
Megathreads are only good when we sign a used-up player when we hit 100,000 posts.

I prefer the daily thread and appreciate the effort Buehler445.

Thank you!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up