ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Have we ever considered that Lucas Niang is a figment of our imaginations?
Direckshun 09:23 AM 08-19-2022
I think we're looking at this Niang situation all wrong, personally. At least those of us even aware of his "existence."

Personally, I've spent the entirety of his rookie contract so far waiting for him to make an impact, to be the right tackle this team needs, but mostly just to get off PUPs and IRs and make a damn difference for this team.

But something occurred to me. It's entirely possible we just collectively made him up?

You know the saying that if God didn't exist, mankind would make him up? I think that's what we've done with Niang.

We all wanted a decade-long starter at right tackle who never gave up a sack in college, and we somehow wanted this talent in the third round. So we just manifested his existence.

But it turns out that's the limit of our collective imagination, because while we can collectively imagine him, we can't actually create him. And so we have to spend seasons with Mike Remmers and Andrew Wylie and Gerod Christian at the spot.

I'm not even sure we selected him in the third round? I mean, was anybody actually there?

I think we've got this situation all wrong, guys. Lucas Niang is basically Harvey the six foot tall invisible rabbit.

TL;DR: I don't think Niang is a real person.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:19 PM 08-19-2022
Who?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:42 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Thank you. As a Chiefs fan, I would think we would want Niang to succeed. I know I do. I thought he was getting better later in the season. He actual played well at LT in a pinch. He's just had bad luck with injuries. I hope he's not injury prone and can become the starter we had all hoped for.
A wise man with a great avatar. I'm not asking guys to go full homer but shit, he was average or better in every game as a first year starter coming off a year off and a hip injury. It's more likely he continues to improve than get worse. Why would you not root for the upside.
[Reply]
JimNasium 12:48 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hot take: Wylie was surprisingly decent at RT last year. I don’t mind him playing there
I agree with this assessment. While Wylie is widely panned on this forum, he was nowhere near the liability he was often scapegoated to be. He’ not all pro material, but he’s solid, versatile, reliable, and doesn’t bring drama. It’s hard to not root for a guy like that. I wish Chiefsplanet were as drama free as Andrew Wylie.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 12:56 PM 08-19-2022
LoL, YES.

I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to figure this out. Thank you for explaining it.
[Reply]
Iconic 02:21 PM 08-19-2022
isn't he supposed to be back by the end of training camp

just ****ing weird this guy was the toughest tackle chase young had ever faced in college and now he's just vanished into thin air for what seems like an eternity

we sure he doesn't have haglund's?
[Reply]
Flying High D 01:31 AM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by Iconic:

just ****ing weird this guy was the toughest tackle chase young had ever faced in college and now he's just vanished into thin air for what seems like an eternity

Spirit not into it.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:50 AM 08-20-2022
Many say, that he is just here for a paycheck and will never amount to anything on the field. So far, they seem to be right.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:26 AM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by Iconic:

Writers projected that. Minimal research shows that for big guys it’s 10-12 months for most big guys.

A mild tear can take up to six months to heal, while a full tendon rupture, with surgery, can take up to a year. Even after six weeks of immobilization, you will likely not be returning to your prior physical activity for at least a couple
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:58 AM 08-20-2022
I'd like to see him succeed, but he's only appeared in a handful of games and he was drafted 3 years ago. Probably just consider Wylie the RT
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:01 AM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by JimNasium:
I agree with this assessment. While Wylie is widely panned on this forum, he was nowhere near the liability he was often scapegoated to be. He’ not all pro material, but he’s solid, versatile, reliable, and doesn’t bring drama. It’s hard to not root for a guy like that. I wish Chiefsplanet were as drama free as Andrew Wylie.
I think most of the criticism against Wylie is a little unfair. He was an undrafted free agent who's now on his fourth team in 5 years. For a journeyman depth-type player he filled in fairly well last year, especially since tackle is not his natural position IIRC
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:30 AM 08-20-2022
Whatever. If he ever plays and is good. He’ll be a cheap OL. We are 3 years out now where Creed and Trey are going to warrant top OL contracts. We don’t give it to them, other teams will gladly give them the contract.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:45 AM 08-20-2022
Pretending vet Niang didn't happen is bad man
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:43 PM 08-21-2022
Jet fuel would not melt bob sanders
[Reply]
kcclone 09:09 PM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Whatever. If he ever plays and is good. He’ll be a cheap OL. We are 3 years out now where Creed and Trey are going to warrant top OL contracts. We don’t give it to them, other teams will gladly give them the contract.
Realistically, we’ll sign one of them, but definitely not both.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:25 PM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Rain Man already diagnosed this situation as Bob Sanders syndrome
I once met a man whose sister claimed that her neighbor went to an NFL game and saw Bob Sanders play. She said that he was playing running back for the Lions at the time.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up